Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
18% [17 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 94
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Doctor Who Is Dead
JustBrad
With the casting of Bradley Walsh, we have now turned the Capaldi era format, and the Classic Who format, on their heads.

We have a father figure companion and a young female Doctor.

Whether you think it's a good thing or a bad thing, you have to admit that so drastically altering the format of a winning show is a risk. Will it pay off?

dragonq
I would offer an opinion if I had any idea who this person even was. The world is so bizarre at the moment, I really don't know what to say about a heap of things.

Have come to the conclusion that I'm a Classic Who fan who sporadically enjoys the new version of the show. I cannot see what improvement any of this strange messing around brings the programme's format.

Grade Four Ignorant
JustBrad wrote:With the casting of Bradley Walsh, we have now turned the Capaldi era format, and the Classic Who format, on their heads.

At this point, his casting is only a rumour. He's got previous, though, having played a villain in The Sarah Jane Adventures. He's also been well-established as a serious actor, given his work with Law & Order: UK.

Besides which, the arrival of a comedian playing a companion has a rich pedigree of being hailed as the doom of the show. Catherine Tate and Matt Lucas both faced much hand-wringing and turned out to be amazing.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
JustBrad wrote:

With the casting of Bradley Walsh, we have now turned the Capaldi era format, and the Classic Who format, on their heads.

Whether you think it's a good thing or a bad thing, you have to admit that so drastically altering the format of a winning show is a risk. Will it pay off?

For me, it's got to be better than the drooling females who have been companions in the New Who. Never-mind the retro-fitting of Sarah Jane into that mould..

Donna and Bill were much better companions for me. Amy was fine while she was with Rory but still tended to have unrequited romantic feelings from time to time.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Gauda Cheese
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

For me, it's got to be better than the drooling females who have been companions in the New Who. Never-mind the retro-fitting of Sarah Jane into that mould..

Donna and Bill were much better companions for me. Amy was fine while she was with Rory but still tended to have unrequited romantic feelings from time to time.

That they did that to SJS really irked me.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

JustBrad
I have to admit that while I will watch, my enthusiasm for New Who is at an all time low. This is not necessarily about the casting, but PC remains one of my all time favorite actors, a truly gifted talent, and yet there were episodes that even he could not save.

Recently I've been watching Classic Who from the Tom Baker era, and finding that I enjoy it far more than I have enjoyed New Who for along time. Odd, given my fondness for Capaldi.

Here's hoping the new team has some new ideas, or failing that, goes back to the old ideas.

JustBrad
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

I agree with all of that. My only concern is that we will now have drooling male companions.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.24 seconds
9,095,602 unique visits since 8th January 2014