Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 1
President Solvite

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: CarolinaJones

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Doctor Who Is Dead
Travisina
President Solvite wrote:

The Sun is a paper for people who can't read anything in a normal typeface and are limited to reading the 'news' in pictures and emboldened block capitals. Grin

Which paper did Katy Manning pose naked with a Dalek for, was that the Sun?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

I thought it was Dalek Operator's Monthly.

i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/dalek_actors_zps2jrlxunt.jpg

President Solvite
I don't know, ooh err its looks like PB is trying to fleece Brad now too.. Sad

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Late to the party but..

I like the idea of Jodi as the new doctor. My two daughters are also happy as they didn't like Capaldi. They found him "too old" following Matt Smith. if the writing is good, she shouldn't have a problem, apart from the nay-sayers but then again.. I can't remember a doctor who hasn't had their share of hand-wringing and pearl-clutching when they took over the role.
I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

President Solvite wrote:

The Sun is a paper for people who can't read anything in a normal typeface and are limited to reading the 'news' in pictures and emboldened block capitals. Grin

That wasn't for a newspaper. It was for a magazine, "Girl Illustrated". Around 5 years after she left the role of Jo Grant.

Grade Four Ignorant
I was wary of a female Doctor, but I'm now excited. Michelle Gomez was a revelation as the Master and Doctor Who has always been a show about change and being different.

It saddens me to see the hypocrisy of some people that say they love that the show can "do anything and go anywhere", but when it does something out of left-field and goes somewhere new, they don't like it. Because it's not a specific, narrowly defined and controlled "anything" or "anywhere". It's a terrifying universe out there. But it's in a very safe and exciting new pair of hands.

I'm also loving some of the comments regarding Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor. Doctor Who has apparently been taken over by 'liberals', 'feminists' and 'the politically correct brigade'. I must have missed that series of Doctor Who where he travelled through time and space building walls to keep immigrants out.

daro2096
Grade Four Ignorant wrote:

I was wary of a female Doctor, but I'm now excited. Michelle Gomez was a revelation as the Master and Doctor Who has always been a show about change and being different.

It saddens me to see the hypocrisy of some people that say they love that the show can "do anything and go anywhere", but when it does something out of left-field and goes somewhere new, they don't like it. Because it's not a specific, narrowly defined and controlled "anything" or "anywhere". It's a terrifying universe out there. But it's in a very safe and exciting new pair of hands.

I'm also loving some of the comments regarding Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor. Doctor Who has apparently been taken over by 'liberals', 'feminists' and 'the politically correct brigade'. I must have missed that series of Doctor Who where he travelled through time and space building walls to keep immigrants out.

Would you be happy with a female Blake or Avon?

Gauda Cheese
Vanessa Doffenshmirtz wrote:

Late to the party but..

I like the idea of Jodi as the new doctor. My two daughters are also happy as they didn't like Capaldi. They found him "too old" following Matt Smith. if the writing is good, she shouldn't have a problem, apart from the nay-sayers but then again.. I can't remember a doctor who hasn't had their share of hand-wringing and pearl-clutching when they took over the role.

That's my issue, i don't think the new show has had consistently good writing. Ever.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

guiser
Vive la revolution, that's what I say! LOL!

I've always been intrigued by the idea of a female Doctor Who and am really interested to see how the change will pan out. I mean, if it is a disaster, they can just regenerate her, you know? Indeed, it is so obvious a thing to do with the Doctor that I would question the motives of the showrunners who didn't consider it ....

daro2096 wrote:

I know you are not addressing me, but I'm quite tickled by the idea of a remake with both a female Blake and a female Avon. That I would definitely watch.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
daro2096 wrote:

[quote][url=http://www.blakes7online.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=2300&pid=114164#post_114164]

Personally, yes. As long as they didn't stand around in frilly frocks and operate the teleport and fly the ship. Again good scripting we live in a better , more equal time these days, or so I keep telling my kids. We've had real female astronauts who have piloted shuttles and did spacewalks. Why should our science fiction not reflect our reality instead of reflecting the 1960's/70's/80's??

A better question would be how accurate would a male Jenna and Cally be given the originals spent the majority of their time as eye candy or minding the shop while the boys primarily got to play in the big leagues.

Jenna was wasted as a character. Cally and Dayna had brief flashes of what they should have been and Soolin never had a chance to completely get her character developed.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
Gauda Cheese wrote:

Late to the party but..

That's my issue, i don't think the new show has had consistently good writing. Ever.

Guess this is one of those YMMV discussions.

I was watching some of the Pertwee/Baker/Davidson episodes with my daughters and we found the scripts were good, bad or indifferent. There were stand-outs and there were diabolically bad and some that were neither.

You can't expect a show to be consistently good because sooner or later you'll be disappointed. Just look at some of the discussions on the B7's episodes. There are some which I really don't understand how or why people like them. And I'm sure there must be those were other posters look at my input and wonder what the heck I've been drinking to rave over that episode.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
guiser wrote:

Vive la revolution, that's what I say! LOL!

I've always been intrigued by the idea of a female Doctor Who and am really interested to see how the change will pan out. I mean, if it is a disaster, they can just regenerate her, you know? Indeed, it is so obvious a thing to do with the Doctor that I would question the motives of the showrunners who didn't consider it ....

daro2096 wrote:

I know you are not addressing me, but I'm quite tickled by the idea of a remake with both a female Blake and a female Avon. That I would definitely watch.

Yup..I mean Romana got to mess around with different forms before she eventually re-settled on Princess whatshername. We weren't told what gender those regenerations may have been even though they were voiced by Lalla Ward.

Gauda Cheese

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Late to the party but..

Guess this is one of those YMMV discussions.

I was watching some of the Pertwee/Baker/Davidson episodes with my daughters and we found the scripts were good, bad or indifferent. There were stand-outs and there were diabolically bad and some that were neither.

I'd agree with that to some degree, but i'd also say that each of those doctors had at one point a string of good to great stories. I've never felt that way with the new show, no matter who was in charge. They couldn't get a female Master right, so I'm not sure about this.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

trevor travis
I'm ready to give Jodie Whittaker a go.

Although I'm still a little uncertain about it. Each actor has effectively played the same personality, but with their own quirks. And while the Master ran out as regenerations and started stealing bodies, the Doctor has never done that.

It's a bit weird having Jodie Whittaker as Carole Ann Ford's grandfather!!
Edited by trevor travis on 12 August 2017 09:25:53

rojkerr1
Jodie is 3rd I think, after Joanna Lumley and arabella weir? Jodie has the right quality I think c how go

dragonq
I'm wondering how others who wrote in this thread feel about this, now the dust has settled.

I've stopped caring. I am unlikely to watch the show unless I get a really good reason to start again, but it will be as it will be. I've got plenty of old Dr Who to keep me occupied when I want it, and honestly, why get so stressed about a tv programme?

Rainesz
As I said before, I'm excited about Jodie. She looks like she'll be a lot of fun! And I've already been commissioned to do some art of her for the Celestial Toyroom. Grin
http://www.dwason...al_toyroom
Here's the rough sketch for it. Wink
68.media.tumblr.com/003e344ed6cab428967a045b21851b7c/tumblr_otot1vzkSx1r5h3a9o1_1280.jpg

Travisina
Terrific artwork, Rainesz! I like her pocket watch at 13 o'clock Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Rainesz
Travisina wrote:

Terrific artwork, Rainesz! I like her pocket watch at 13 o'clock Smile

Thank you, Travisina. Smile The trick will be getting the Roman numbers from 12 to 24 to fit on the clock's face.

Klenotka
dragonq wrote:

I'm wondering how others who wrote in this thread feel about this, now the dust has settled.

I've stopped caring. I am unlikely to watch the show unless I get a really good reason to start again, but it will be as it will be. I've got plenty of old Dr Who to keep me occupied when I want it, and honestly, why get so stressed about a tv programme?

I honestly did not care much even before. Peter is my Doctor and has been one of my favourite actors some years before he got to DW. I am not even sure if I would continue watching if he didnīt come along (because Matt Smithīs era was not really for me so I just watched because I am a fan). So now I am more interested in whatīs next for Peter (and that he is taking his time to say what is next! Grin ) than who is the next Doctor.
I still disagree with that decision (for reasons I stated here a few times) but I will give it a chance. But I am not going to follow fiming, anxiously waiting for new photos or videos. It will depend on the first episode and how they are going to do it. If her first like is going to be "I have boobs!" then thatīs it, really.
Donīt be Lasagne

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.70 seconds
9,476,261 unique visits since 8th January 2014