Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Season D rewatch - D11 Orbit
Hugbot
BradPaula wrote:

Avon is acting really un-Avon-like this episode. I wonder if it was because he's such a bad guy (not the word I wanted to use) at the end?

I actually like the fact that he mockingly echoes Egrorian's exalted speech patterns ... as he already did with Dorian. Obviously he likes mimicking psychos.

Travisina
Hugbot wrote:

Obviously he likes mimicking psychos.

Because he's one himself?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

BradPaula
The amazing John Savident- he was on the cast CD of Phantom of the Opera as one of the theatre owners. Brilliant role for him.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Hugbot
Designing the shuttle was obviously well worth the effort. All those many appearances in Babylon 5!

JustBrad
Hugbot wrote:

Obviously he likes mimicking psychos.

Somehow that is not comforting, and Avon is still acting that way even when he is alone with Vila.

JustBrad
Avon plants the gun, and reveals the mini forklift that will be used at the end.

Two for one writing.

Travisina
The gun. Classic example of Chekhov's gun - introduce in act one, to be used in act 3.

meegat39
Paul Darrow is really camping it up in this episode!!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

You think? Wink

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

The gun. Classic example of Chekhov's gun - introduce in act one, to be used in act 3.

If a shotgun is seen hanging on the wall in act one, it absolutely must go off in act three.

Travisina
JustBrad wrote:

Travisina wrote:

If a shotgun is seen hanging on the wall in act one, it absolutely must go off in act three.

That's the one.

meegat39
Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

You think? Wink

Grin

Travisina
Mmm... Galaxy. Ages since I had one of those.

JustBrad
This is a Tachyon Funnel, Mr's Wison's fourth grade social studies class had one, too.

meegat39
I think they could have come up with something a little more convincing than the old tv/vcr combo trolley for the tachyon funnel!

Hugbot
I might be in a minority here, but I like the design of the tachyon funnel; a rough prototype cobbled together without any considderation of design. Still, they could have made it even more realistic by fixing a wobbly element in place by a piece of styrofoam packaging wedged into the rack or by sellotaping a piece of paper to the control knobs saying, 'Red channel out of order, use blue channel instead.' (Yes, I'm talking of experience.)

Ellen York
Hugbot wrote:

I might be in a minority here, but I like the design of the tachyon funnel; a rough prototype cobbled together without any considderation of design. Still, they could have made it even more realistic by fixing a wobbly element in place by a piece of styrofoam packaging wedged into the rack or by sellotaping a piece of paper to the control knobs saying, 'Red channel out of order, use blue channel instead.' (Yes, I'm talking of experience.)

Are you sure you haven't worked at my old company? Smile

JustBrad
Vila and Cat from RD would get along well together.

Hugbot
Ellen York wrote:

Hugbot wrote:

Are you sure you haven't worked at my old company? Smile

Physicas lab at Paderborn university! Smile

JustBrad
Hugbot wrote:

I might be in a minority here, but I like the design of the tachyon funnel; a rough prototype cobbled together without any considderation of design....

And without straining the BBC budget. Grin

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.51 seconds
9,167,494 unique visits since 8th January 2014