Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 918
· Newest Rebel: CarolinaJones

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Finished Blake illustration
Lurena
Hi Rainesz, that's a stunning, fabulous Blake artwork!
I like the final episode atmosphere.
Thank you for sharing !
Just out of curiosity: what material did you use? Pencil, Ink, Ecolin, other?
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Rainesz
Lurena wrote:

Hi Rainesz, that's a stunning, fabulous Blake artwork!
I like the final episode atmosphere.
Thank you for sharing !
Just out of curiosity: what material did you use? Pencil, Ink, Ecolin, other?

Thank you, Lurena! That means a lot to me coming from a fellow artist! Wink

It's done in ink pens and acrylic gouache paint. I love acrylic gouache because it's waterproof, but it's so hard to find that I have to have it mail-ordered to me. (And then I carefully scoop all unused paint and push it back into the tube because it's also expensive.)
I start inking on top of the pencil drawing, then painting in layers. The last step was photographing it and then "cleaning it up" in Photoshop. (I.e., getting rid of the inevitable cat hair stuck in the paint and making the border sharper looking, etc., etc.)

I posted the "making of" on my Patreon page if anyone wants to see some of the beginning stages of it...

https://www.patre...s-11247489

Hugbot
A really stunning and atmospheric picture; great to see the finished version now, and to be able to see it in full screen size!

Rainesz wrote:

getting rid of the inevitable cat hair stuck in the paint

Signed by Mifune? You could make that your trademark! Grin

Rainesz
Hugbot wrote:

A really stunning and atmospheric picture; great to see the finished version now, and to be able to see it in full screen size!

Rainesz wrote:

getting rid of the inevitable cat hair stuck in the paint

Signed by Mifune? You could make that your trademark! Grin

Mifune also steals my paint tubes. Sad

Thank you, Hugbot. Grin You got to see the picture in progress on my FB page.

Lurena
I have taken a look at your Patreon, Rainesz and thank you for your explanation about materials and modifications! ( as alwyas I have been too busy to log in on my Facebook, but perhaps I should make time for it )
That was very interesting. A lot of costs and a lot of work to do (and chasing Mifune to get your tubes back), whereas I sit with print paper, 1 pencil and an eraser. Oh and I have a sharpener since I cut my finger with the knife I used to use.
I wish I could try doing it your way for just one time as I find your artwork awesome!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Hugbot
Lurena wrote:

I have a sharpener

Preferably a Dahle 322, which you can also use to control a space cruiser (as Commander McLane did). Wink

I wish I could try doing it your way for just one time as I find your artwork awesome!

Most of us wish we could do it your way or Rainesz' way or Atomicmayo's way or Information's way or ....
If I were looking for someone to illustrate my original stories, my choice would depend on the story in question. For one of my current projects, Rainesz' art would be a perfect match, while for another one I would prefer your style. I love the broad variety of drawing (and writing) styles on our forum.

Rainesz
Hugbot wrote:I love the broad variety of drawing (and writing) styles on our forum.

Yes, exactly, Hugbot!! Everyone here has their own unique style and voice and that's what makes it wonderful.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.32 seconds
9,486,140 unique visits since 8th January 2014