Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Between Blake-Con and Concert - meet-up?
Hugbot
Have fun (and enjoy the dessert)! I'll still be in Lulworth at the time, going to London on Friday.

JustBrad
Lulworth is lovely.

Anniew
Used to stay at Durdle Door when kids were small and walk over cliffs to Lulworth. We'd buy blackberry wine and drink it in the caravan at night. Watching the sun set over Lulworth Harbour eating crab sticks. magic.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Spaceresearcher
I'll be in London. It would be great to meet up with fellow fans that evening. If no one objects I'd like to attend. My main 3 questions would be:
1. In costume or smart casual?
2. Advise on a nice bottle or 2 of UK red wine to share around. Any suggestions?
3. Does anyone have any forbidden topics of conversation? Eg, Og's sex life is probably for the taboo box. Throw; Why do Federation light bulbs burn out? into the same box etc.

Spaceresearcher
Spaceresearcher wrote:

I'll be in London. It would be great to meet up with fellow fans that evening. If no one objects I'd like to attend. My main 3 questions would be:
2. Advise on a nice bottle or 2 of UK red wine to share around. Any suggestions?
3. Does anyone have any forbidden topics of conversation? Eg, Og's sex life is probably for the taboo box. Throw; Why do Federation light bulbs burn out? into the same box etc.

Question 2 now answered. Emailed the Parcel Yard and sadly they don't offer a corkage fee as they don't allow any food or drink BYO. So apologies in advance that I will be unable to bring along some offerings to share and hopefully they have some nice beverages on offer.

Travisina
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

Question 2 now answered. Emailed the Parcel Yard and sadly they don't offer a corkage fee as they don't allow any food or drink BYO. So apologies in advance that I will be unable to bring along some offerings to share and hopefully they have some nice beverages on offer.

Hi Spaceresearcher,

You're welcome to join us - I've added you to the list.

1. Dress code - entirely up to you. I'll be coming from work, so will be in office garb, but will try to remember to wear my teleport bracelet. Ellen said she might wear her Hufflepuff scarf as it is next to Platform 9 3/4. Smart casual and casual-casual (eg jeans) are fine. It's a venue frequented by tourists, business people, commuters and people passing through Kings Cross, so you don't need to dress up. You might get some funny looks if you come in costume - depending on the costume, of course - but I don't think you'll be turned away at the door.

2. I didn't think they'd allow any BYO food or drink - it's a Bar / Restaurant, and are therefore likely to take a dim view of people sitting there with their own provisions and not buying theirs!

3. Topics of conversation - in these turbulent times, it may be wise to steer clear of RL politics and religion!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Mistletoe12
I definitely echo avoiding RL politics.

Looking forward to BlakeCon, dinner at PY and the Albert Hall. It'll be great to see everyone. Grin

Spaceresearcher
Good idea. Politics out.

Spaceresearcher
Travisina wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

Hi Spaceresearcher,

You're welcome to join us - I've added you to the list.

1. Dress code - entirely up to you. I'll be coming from work, so will be in office garb, but will try to remember to wear my teleport bracelet. Ellen said she might wear her Hufflepuff scarf as it is next to Platform 9 3/4. Smart casual and casual-casual (eg jeans) are fine. It's a venue frequented by tourists, business people, commuters and people passing through Kings Cross, so you don't need to dress up. You might get some funny looks if you come in costume - depending on the costume, of course - but I don't think you'll be turned away at the door.

2. I didn't think they'd allow any BYO food or drink - it's a Bar / Restaurant, and are therefore likely to take a dim view of people sitting there with their own provisions and not buying theirs!

3. Topics of conversation - in these turbulent times, it may be wise to steer clear of RL politics and religion!

Thank you. Here's to a great convention and a great meet-up. Smile

Spaceresearcher
Well after all that, I'll be a day late for this event as I have to leave now on the 15th at 1:30pm, so sadly will be unable to attend.

If that can change between now and then I'll certainly let you know asap.

I hope everyone has a grand time never the less.

ruth_dw
So... I'm looking out for a Hufflepuff scarf and a teleport bracelet?

Travisina
ruth_dw wrote:

So... I'm looking out for a Hufflepuff scarf and a teleport bracelet?

Probably! It's a bit warm at the moment, so I'll probably forgo the Ravenclaw socks. I have a Horizon badge on my bag, and have also added the convention badge from Sunday.

I suggest we gather at the bottom of the stairs leading up into Parcel Yard.

There are 6 confirmed participants so far:

Mistletoe12 + Minor
Ellen
Scott
ruth_dw
Me

I've booked a table for 8, so there's room for two more. Any other takers? Spaceresearcher - I seem to remember you saying you had a different flight, will you be able to join us after all?

Mistletoe12
I'll probably arrive around 5pm, also wearing my badge from BlakeCon - if that helps ruth_ dw? Plus those of already there will be talking ten to the dozen. Wink

@Spaceresearcher: yes, it would be lovely if you are able to join us.

ruth_dw

I cannot be there at 1730, I have a meeting that finishes at that time. Should be there by 1830, trains permitting though. I figure that since it is a pub, that shouldn't be a problem. Do let me know if you're in one of the fun little side rooms though.

Travisina
ruth_dw wrote:

I cannot be there at 1730, I have a meeting that finishes at that time. Should be there by 1830, trains permitting though. I figure that since it is a pub, that shouldn't be a problem. Do let me know if you're in one of the fun little side rooms though.

It shouldn't be a problem. If you know what time you're arriving, we can order for you - menu is here:http://www.parcel...co.uk/food. If you PM me your mobile number, I can let you know if we're in a fun little side room!

Spaceresearcher
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Well after all that, I'll be a day late for this event as I have to leave now on the 15th at 1:30pm, so sadly will be unable to attend.

If that can change between now and then I'll certainly let you know asap.

I hope everyone has a grand time never the less.

Well well. Thankfully I've avoided the torture which would have been a 9 hour wait in Dubai and changed to a later flight. So hopefully I should be able to make it. Now to work out bag logistics.

Travisina
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Well well. Thankfully I've avoided the torture which would have been a 9 hour wait in Dubai and changed to a later flight. So hopefully I should be able to make it. Now to work out bag logistics.

That's great!
As for bag logistics, Kings Cross station has a Left Luggage Room next to the Parcel Yard. See station plan here: http://www.nation...ation-plan

ruth_dw
Travisina wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

That's great!
As for bag logistics, Kings Cross station has a Left Luggage Room next to the Parcel Yard. See station plan here: http://www.nation...ation-plan

Also the Parcel Yard is fairly bag-friendly. It's upstairs, but it has a lift. It's a big pub, but it's rarely crowded. It literally used to be the parcel-handling depot so it has extant nooks & crannys for stuffing parcels into.

Mistletoe12
Good food and great company at Parcel Yard Thursday evening. Grin

@Ruth_dw: Lovely to meet you.

@Spaceresearcher: Let us know when you're Down and Safe. A real pleasure to meet you. I hope you had a relaxing flight.

Spaceresearcher
Dear fellow fans who attended this delightful meet up,
Thank you all so very much for a lovely evening of fine food and good company. As it turned out, I should have stayed and enjoyed the evening to it's conclusion as I missed my flight. But never to mind, with much free wifi, a coffee shop that seemed to have a no closing policy and a bit of TV to catch up on(The new West World TV series. It's not bad but I wish the profanities were not so prolific it actually degrades the show which get's a boost thanks to Anthony Hopkins.). Felt a bit like Dr Who alone in the airport. I could do absolutely anything and there was even a piano to play???? (Yep an actual piano with 'Play Me' stickers on it.)
Now I'm down and safe in Australia but lo and behold there was no connecting flight from Melbourne to Brisbane so I'm experiencing dejavu for another 9 hours of waiting(only a couple to go now.)
Many thanks to that distinguished gentleman who sorted out my bill so I could get going(please note I realised the reason my card didn't work was rather simple.(I was swiping the wrong card. The joys of being in a hurry.) please do send me a PM and I can Paypal you the difference in any case. Don't want anyone being out of pocket or at the very least it will be my shout next time).

Hope everyone has a safe trip back to there dwellings and after this 38 hour journey back to home base it's high time TELEPORTERS became a reality.

Live forever or die trying everyone.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.57 seconds
9,841,307 unique visits since 8th January 2014