Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 903
· Newest Rebel: Calavon

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
18% [17 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 94
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
May 2017 Ficlet Challenge
Anniew
Thank you Lurena. I've now got an idea for the art work challenge. Will post soon!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Rainesz
Lurena wrote:

Oh Annie, what a wonderful diversity of stories! Naughty, chilling, touching, atmospheric, filmish.

And Rainesz, your characterisation is so well written. I very much enjoyed reading the interactions.

Thank you ladies for your clever work!

Thank you, Lurena! Grin
I also have at least the start of a story based on your drawing for the other ficlet challenge. As I was telling Annie and Travisina earlier, I have a conversation started but (so far) no plot! It may end up plotless. Wink

Lurena
Rainesz wrote:

I also have at least the start of a story based on your drawing for the other ficlet challenge. As I was telling Annie and Travisina earlier, I have a conversation started but (so far) no plot! It may end up plotless. Wink

Post it please?
Conversations are so B7, I bet you come up with a good one to enjoy.
And don't forget, we are all mad sad and most probably able to create one or another plot to it in our own fantasy. Wink
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
littlesue
This is for Anniew...and once again, many thanks to Lurena for her lovely piccie

May Each Day….

“No!” Avon was quite adamant.
“But she’s eaten all the Roses, the Crème Eggs and the last of Cally’s Rolos,” Tarrant cried in despair, “Surely just one bag of Revels wouldn’t go amiss?”
That question remained unanswered as Vila rounded the corridor corner, “We’ve had a Mayday. Someone’s in trouble.”
Avon strode off in the direction of the Flight Deck.
“Yes,” seethed Tarrant, “he most certainly will be.”
“You didn’t mention my Curly Wurlys,” Vila groaned as Tarrant, too, swiftly exited and went towards the Flight Deck.

“If we answer every Mayday call, we will never get to Earth,” Avon declared.
“There it is again; Mayday; Mayday. Come at once,” Cally said, repeating every word that came over speaker.
“Come on,” Tarrant urged, “We need to get down there as soon as possible…”

Vila eyed Orac with distinct suspicion.
“You’re keeping rather quiet about this. Why?”
“There appears to have been some confusion about the term Mayday.”
“In what way?”
“Well, Mayday; a request for assistance and May Day; an old calendar celebration celebrating the end of winter and a new year for the growing of crops.”
Vila’s eyes opened in horror, “So, what is it. Mayday or May Day…?”

Avon was facing someone who claimed to be the Village Elder. “So there isn’t a Mayday as such?”
“No, we are here to celebrate May Day. I’m so glad that you joined us though; we have more than enough to go round. Look.”
Avon stared at the large pole set up on the village green and the packing cases piled up around it.
“What the…”
“A ship crash landed here a few weeks ago. It took us that long to dig out the cargo…”
“”Excuse me,” Tarrant began, “But why are those men dancing round with poles and hitting each other?”
“They are Morris Dancers,” the Elder explained, “Once they’ve finished and Maypole dancing is complete then we will open up the boxes to see what bounty there is.”
Tarrant could see Avon’s eyes glaring at the packing boxes.
“I don’t think they’re Revels,” he murmured.
But Avon wasn’t listening.
“Revels,” asked the Elder, “I hope not. Can’t stand the coffee ones.”
“I love coffee,” declared Dayna, her eyes widening as Avon pushed through the throng towards the cases.
He stopped, briefly, and then fired.
The cases and their contents seemingly erupted, sending debris all over the gathered crowd…and Avon.
Cally rushed over, expecting the worse.
“Avon….”
“Get these off me; whatever they are.”
“Ohh,” said Dayna, picking up one of the offending items. “It’s chocolate; a chocolate seashell!”
Tarrant picked up a rather shattered box, “Guylian Chocolate Sea Shells,” he murmured, “Well, that’s different.”
“I’ve heard of these,” the Village Elder said, coming alongside, “These chocolates have replaced Revels as the Federation’s favourite sweets.”
“Oh no,” Tarrant whispered.
Avon got to his feet, angrily brushing the offending chocolate seashells from his clothes, “We’ll see about that!”

i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/smallwondersue/May%2020173957_zpsxye8gwjv.jpg

......and all because the lady wanted Avon covered in Guylian chocolate seashells!!!Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Travisina
Having dithered and dothered with my fic for ages, I almost gave up when I saw littlesue's latest, as it's on a similar theme. But hers is light, amusing and covered in chocolate, and mine ... isn't, so here it is anyway:

May Day

Bright light outlined vaguely human shapes, then resolved into the figures of two men and a woman. Leighton stared blank-eyed at the strangers, the roaring pain in his head making it hard to focus. Hallucination? He blinked hard, but when he opened his eyes, they were still there, looking around at what remained of his communications room.

The smaller man gave a nervous grin. "Here we are. Let the festivities begin!" Then he frowned. "Doesn't look very festive, I must say."

"Shush, Vila," the woman admonished. "Can't you see he's injured?" She crouched beside Leighton and touched his arm. "What happened?" she asked aloud. When he didn't reply, he sensed her voice inside his head: Can you hear me? Are you able to speak?

He fixed his eyes on her face. "May Day."

Vila paused in his examination of a shelving unit. "Nothing to drink here," he muttered. Turning back to Leighton, he said, "Yes, we got your May Day message – that's why we came. It looked like you were having a good time, we needed a bit of a holiday and thought it would be fun to join your celebrations."

The big man had been looking out of the shattered window. "Those aren't celebrations. It's not fireworks and bonfires, they're distress flares and funeral pyres." He raised his wrist and spoke quietly into a bracelet.

Communication device? Not seen one like that before, thought Leighton, professional interest piquing him in spite of the pain. "Who are you?"

"We can help you," the woman said. "We have a ship."

He shook his head. His sight was fading; her face would be the last thing he saw. A painful cough brought more blood into his mouth. He managed to say: "Too late... thank you for responding to my May Day..."

It was a sombre group that teleported back to the Liberator.

"Even if we'd brought him back with us, there was probably nothing we could have done," Cally told the others. "He was too badly injured."

"I still don't understand why he kept saying May Day," said Vila. "The planet was an old Earth colony, and if that wasn't an invitation to join an old Earth celebration, what did he mean?"

"I should have known," sighed Jenna. "It was Mayday, not May Day. A distress call used in olden times, based on a word in an old Earth language. M'aidez. It means 'Help me."

Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Rainesz
@Littlesue and Lurena: There needs to be more chocolate-covered Avon. Wink
"Vila’s eyes opened in horror, 'So, what is it. Mayday or May Day…?' " Both!

@Travisina, that was excellent (and heartbreaking). With Vila being oh so typical Vila, of course. You always write the poor "guest" characters so well who witness the crew's various arrivals.

I love how you and Sue both cleverly used the other, more serious meaning of May Day. I had forgotten all about that aspect of it!

Anniew
Oh clever stories Sue and Travisina. Love Avon covered in chocolate! And poor Leighton....such a Blake's 7 Universe mistake!!

JustBrad
Avon entered the flight deck to take the night watch. It was his favorite, as no one was around to bother him. Near the end of her watch, Cally sat at her station, absently twirling a ring between her fingers.

Avon asked, “Is that what I think it is?”

Cally looked up as if startled from her musings. “Yes, it is the sarcophagus alien's ring.”

Noting Avon's pensive look, Tarrant offered, “She found it under her console where you had tossed it away, Avon.”

Cally sighed. “ I was just thinking of the possibilities. It seems such a waste, not the ring, the alien. If only we could have turned her to our cause, she would have been a valuable ally. She was a far stronger telepath than I.”

Tarrant nodded. “Indeed she was an enhanced version of you, Cally, with stronger mystical powers, but she had a fragile flaw, being dependent on the energy transfer enhanced by the egg artifact and that ring.”

Avon smirked. “Not only that, but she had the breath of a corpse. Hardly a companionable ship mate.”

A sly grin spread across Villa's face. “Well then, it's probably a good thing she's gone, the last thing we need is a...”

Avon barked. “Vila!”

Vila donned his beaten puppy expression. “Oh, please, let me say it.”

Avon shrugged. “Very well, if you must.”

Vila beamed. “The last thing we need is a... ahem... Super Cally Fragile Mystic Hexed By Halitosis.”

Lorna
Nice one Brad

Anniew
Brad...brilliant!!'Smile

Rainesz
HAHAHAHA!!!! This is the first thing I read this morning. (Well, afternoon, I slept late.)
Grin Grin

trevor travis
Story planning conference:

Og: “So what do you have for this month, TT?”
TT: “A cracking story, Og, take a look at this!”
Og: “Let me have a read… oh no… me say you can’t do that!”
TT: “But it’s brilliant Og!”
Og: “You’ve already had one slap on the wrist about doing a story about her…”
TT: “But the whole way she gets hoist on her own petard, as those affected by her policy of…”
Og: “No, TT!”
TT: “Oh blast! How about THIS one then?”
Og: “Hmmm…. Me not like it! Me not like him!”
TT: “But he’s the guitarist of one of the greatest-ever rock groups!”
Og: “Me not like anyone who has more hair than me! Next…”
TT: “I don’t have anything else. Unless you count this one…”
Og: “Right then… oh yes… me like it TT… crack on… you have three hours until the deadline.”

MAY THE BEST MAN – OR ANIMAL – WIN

The two opponents faced each other. The bearded German gentleman, and the shaggy, hairy biped-creature.

They were fighting a duel to the death – over the woman they both loved.

“Heads or tails?”, asked the bearded gentleman, not realising that he’d been duped. Og had borrowed Vila’s special coin. Og called… and the coin landed on one of its two heads.

That meant Og had choice of weapons.

“What’s it to be?”, asked the man.

“Me choose horns!”, exclaimed Og.

“Horns?”

“Yes. Me use the ones attached to me head, while you…” Og stepped to one side, to reveal a French horn.

The man smiled to himself. “He’s made a huge tactical mistake”, he thought. “Og doesn’t realise the noise that I produce from any musical instrument can cause massive pain to his ears!”

Both retreated the required ten paces, with the man taking the French Horn with him.

He waited until Og had started his charge, and put the horn to his lips. He blew.

No sound came out. Nothing. With sudden horror, the man suddenly realised that it required special technique to make a sound. It was all about pitch.

He glanced up, just as Og’s horns hit him in the chest. The man went down.

Og howled. “Oh no! Me sad! Me killed Hugbot. Everyone likes him, and now they will hate me! Quick TT, it’s your story, do something.”

But what Og?

“Well, we haven’t had the obligatory Blackadder reference yet!”

Og, that’s a fantastic idea…

At that moment, Hugbot sat up.

He smiled at Og. “Fortunately, that cigarillo-box you gave me was placed exactly at the point where your horn struck.”

Hugbot and Og embraced. “Well, you won the duel”, Hugbot ruefully admitted. “You win the fair hand of Dayna Mellanby.”

“It was a waste of time. She’s gone off with Pinder!”

“Her taste in men is appalling!”

“You’re telling me”, shrugged Og. “What do we do now?”

“We only have 20 words left of the permitted 500, so how about the pub?”

And the two of them departed, arm-in-arm.
Edited by trevor travis on 01 June 2017 07:52:52

BradPaula
Excellent, TT. Laughed out loud!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Rainesz
Yay for Hugbot! Yay for Og!
That was great, TT. PfftGrin

Lurena
Brad and TT, I can't stop laughing, you guys are ingenious!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Joe Dredd
Very good, Brad. I don't know whether to groan or applaud!

I enjoyed yours too, TT. Especially Og being jealous of Brian May's hair!

Hugbot
Sorry for not commenting on this thread, but I am again lacking behind big time. However, when I tried to catch up with this thread, I spotted the word 'hugbot', and I just had to read TT's story first. That was really great! Fascinating to see how you managed to turn our little rewatch banter into a funny story!

trevor travis wrote:

Me killed Hugbot. Everyone likes him, and now they will hate me

I take this as a compliment. Thank you!

And now I have to start reading the rest of the May stories ...

trevor travis
Hugbot wrote:

Sorry for not commenting on this thread, but I am again lacking behind big time. However, when I tried to catch up with this thread, I spotted the word 'hugbot', and I just had to read TT's story first. That was really great! Fascinating to see how you managed to turn our little rewatch banter into a funny story!

trevor travis wrote:

Me killed Hugbot. Everyone likes him, and now they will hate me

I take this as a compliment. Thank you!

And now I have to start reading the rest of the May stories ...

Cheers Hugbot - I'm glad you liked it! I had the idea the day we were doing the rewatch, but only just got the story in on time.

I also get way behind in reading people's stories. I do normally read them, but after the thread for that month has been closed.

JustBrad
Isn't the Hugbot basically a large walking cigarello case?

Joe Dredd
Yes! It's got a built-in cigarette lighter (stand well back!) and special arms for clipping the ends from cigars.

In fact - and not many people know this - it's not really called a hugbot. Its proper technical name is the humidor-bot.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
8,848,190 unique visits since 8th January 2014