Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Doctor Who Season 36
Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Oxygen was a great episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Space: The Final Frontier. Final because it wants to kill us..."

That's twice the BBC has referenced ST in its own series, the first of course being our own Death-Watch. Is this not a massive copyright infringement that would incur the wrath of Paramount? Or do you think they got permission?
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
I loved it from 10 seconds in: "Space The Final Frontier. Final, because it wants to kill us." Wink

Apparently Jamie Mathieson's brief from the Moff was to make space scary again. He did that, and also added in a nice anti-capitalist message as corporations finally went the whole hog and started charging us for the air we breathe!!

Calpaldi & Mackie were brilliant. This was an episode that put them through the wringer, and both rose with fantastic performances. Perhaps the best episode since "Flatline" - which was another Jamie Mathieson script.

Oh, and NO magic reset at the end. To save Bill's life, the Doctor blinded himself. Will the 13th Doctor see out his days without any sight?

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Oxygen was a great episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Space: The Final Frontier. Final because it wants to kill us..."

That's twice the BBC has referenced ST in its own series, the first of course being our own Death-Watch. Is this not a massive copyright infringement that would incur the wrath of Paramount? Or do you think they got permission?

I'm pretty sure that B7 didn't get permission - it might have cost money Wink

Less sure about nuWho - maybe they did ask. Although, strictly speaking, the line was different to the original. I'm sure Kirk didn't see space as deadly. If he did, he'd just wrestle it into submission Grin

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:
Will the 13th Doctor see out his days without any sight?

Intentional pun, TT?!

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:
I'm sure Kirk didn't see space as deadly. If he did, he'd just wrestle it into submission Grin

Or snog it! Grin

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:
I'm sure Kirk didn't see space as deadly. If he did, he'd just wrestle it into submission Grin

Or snog it! Grin

Or shoot it, and then claim to come in peace Grin

PS It was an unintentional pun Wink

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Or snog it! Grin

Or shoot it, and then claim to come in peace Grin

... and now you've reminded me of this: Star Trekkin'
Always worth a rewatch!

Ellen York
And now I'm going to have that tune stuck in my head for the rest of the day Grin

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

Oh, and NO magic reset at the end.

Indeed, rather it was rational, logical, and most of all, explained cunning and misdirection on the Doctor's part that saved the day.
He had already won, it was just that the villains (and the viewers) didn't know it yet.

Doctor Who at it's best.

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Or snog it! Grin

Or shoot it...

Snog it and shoot it? Are you sure you're thinking of Kirk? Sounds more like Avon to me. Angry

Travisina
JustBrad wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Or snog it! Grin

Or shoot it...

Snog it and shoot it? Are you sure you're thinking of Kirk? Sounds more like Avon to me. Angry

Brad wins the internet GrinGrin

President Solvite
Doctor Who does the Walking Dead.

An ok-ish episode nothing spectacular but passed time well enough. Like most of the recent Who episodes background characters and concepts could do with more fleshing out and perhaps a little more depth.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
JustBrad
Dead in animated space suits. An interesting way to have a pseudo scientific explanation of walking dead, allowing DW to cash in on the zombie craze without losing their sci fi credibility.

President Solvite
It also reminded me of Wallace and Grommit the Wrong Trousers.. Especially when the suits 'malfunctioned'

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
briggsy1
I liked the sly digs at capitalism and 'elf and safety. Also finally a cliffhanger ending.

JustBrad
President Solvite wrote:

It also reminded me of Wallace and Grommit the Wrong Trousers.. Especially when the suits 'malfunctioned'

Nardole, no dobut, in the role of Grommit. Grin

Rainesz
The frustrating thing about this last batch of really good episodes is that the background characters are so interesting and well-rounded-- and then they're killed off! For instance, I really wanted to know more about the blue guy. Grin

briggsy1
yes, how did one of the Ultras end up on the space station?

Klenotka
Moffat seemed to throw the "Everybody lives" out of the window and itīs good Grin

I loved the opening sequence...the monlogue with "Final Frontier..." and the scene where the poor guy canīt hear his wife yelling...in space, nobody will hear you scream.

Acting is exceptional again. I still hope BAFTA may wait for Peter at the end of this but I doubt it....it is, after all, a show for kids....Angry
Donīt be Lasagne

JustBrad
I hate to rate part one of a multi part episode before I see the rest, but as part ones go, that was a ten.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.64 seconds
9,144,098 unique visits since 8th January 2014