Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 1
daro2096

· Total Rebels: 946
· Newest Rebel: Bailey t

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
20% [20 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
18% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 100
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Cygnus Alpha 4.0 28th-30th September 2018
BradPaula
TheElfandherFriends wrote:

Hello! First post from a newbie, albeit someone who was just old enough to watch series 4 when it was first broadcast.

I'm going to Cygnus Alpha - my first ever convention. I'm London-based, but as this is out near Kew, it's probably going to be a 'send the sprog to the grandparents for the weekend, book into the Holiday Inn and have a great time' weekend. Wink

To Brad, Paula and Zenrac: Years ago I spent the summer working at a US summer camp in Massachusetts, then bought an Amtrak pass and spent a few weeks going up and down the East coast from Milwaukee to Florida, and most places inbetween. I had a great time in Chicago!

Glad to hear that. Chicago is a great city. Will be looking forward to meeting you in person at CA4.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Joe Dredd

Hello! First post from a newbie, albeit someone who was just old enough to watch series 4 when it was first broadcast.

Welcome to the club, TheElfandherFriends. I love your user name!

TheElfandherFriends
Thank you everyone for the welcome. I look forward to contributing to this lovely site over the next few months and also meeting some of you next year.

Joe Dredd: The Elf and her Friends was my favourite childhood book - about a horse, the Elf, and her farmyard companions. Not very scifi I'm afraid!

Zenrac

I'm going to Cygnus Alpha - my first ever convention. I'm London-based, but as this is out near Kew, it's probably going to be a 'send the sprog to the grandparents for the weekend, book into the Holiday Inn and have a great time' weekend. Wink

To Brad, Paula and Zenrac: Years ago I spent the summer working at a US summer camp in Massachusetts, then bought an Amtrak pass and spent a few weeks going up and down the East coast from Milwaukee to Florida, and most places inbetween. I had a great time in Chicago!

The Amtrak double-deckers are great. You can grab a cabin if you are travelling overnight, then head up to the bubble car and sit up there and watch some fantastic scenery roll on by.

My sprogs are 19 next March so no grandparents required, but a weekend away having a great time sounds like a plan. I haven't been to a convention since the late 90's so this will be a modern first for me. They have probably changed in dynamic, but we shall see. The only way to find out is to go.

Easy to get to from here on the coast, too. Local station here direct to Clapham Junction then change for a short hop to the venue. Marvellous.

Ian Kubiak
We have been very quiet lately but that doesn't mean we have not been busy!

Stand by for more guest announcements with the first being on the 2nd of January 2018 at 7:15pm.

Ian Kubiak
Blake's 7 40th Anniversary

The Way Back & The Way Ahead

40 years ago today Blake’s 7 launched and is remembered by so many people through out the world with love and fondness for the crew of the Liberator and the struggles against the Federation.

The First of four announcements this evening is the man who bought the first episode, ‘The Way Back’ to our screens. Director Michael E Briant will be joining us for Cygnus Alpha 4.0 on the 28th-30th September 2018 at The Holiday Inn, Brentford Lock, London.

Michael also directed the season 1 episodes, ‘The Web’, Project Avalon’ and ‘Deliverance’.

Get your ticket from www.cygnusalpha.org

Next guest announcement will be in 15 minutes

Ian Kubiak
The Second guest announcement this evening for Cygnus Alpha 4.0 takes up to the latest Blake's 7 Big Finish Audio release. The writer of the 40th Anniversary story, ‘The Way Ahead’ Mark Wright will be joining us for Cygnus Alpha 4.0. Mark has written a number of stories for the Blake’s 7 range and alongside his writing partner Cav Scott, was the co-producer of the range.

Ian Kubiak
The Third guest announcement this evening for Cygnus Alpha 4.0 is the man who designed not only the interior of the Liberator but also the exterior model.

Roger Murray-Leach will be joining us for Cygnus Alpha 4.0.

Roger worked on the Season 1 episodes, “Space Fall”, “Time Squad”, “Duel” and “Bounty”.

Ian Kubiak
Our Fourth and final guest announcement for this anniversary evening is someone who will be making their Blake’s 7 convention debut.

Joining us at Cygnus Alpha 4.0 is latest actress to travel the galaxy aboard The Liberator, Yasmin Bannerman.

Yasmin has taken over from Josette Simon playing “Dayna” for the Big Finish audio range.

Ian Kubiak
Event update and competition!

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Blake's 7 we are giving you a chance to win a signed 8x10 print from Michael Keating, Paul Darrow and Gareth Thomas.

All you have to do is buy a ticket for Cygnus Alpha 4.0 from www.cygnusalpha.org by Midday on Tuesday 9th January 2018.

You can either buy your ticket in full or spread the cost over 6 months via standing order.

There are only 40 tickets remaining.

If you already have a ticket, dont worry! You will be included in the prize draw.

The winner and next guest announcement will be reveled next Tuesday at 7:15pm

Anniew
Great choices . Looking forward to the panels.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Lorna
Thanks Ian I am looking forward to September

BradPaula
Lorna wrote:

Thanks Ian I am looking forward to September

Seconded. See you there, Lorna!

BradPaula
Hotel booked- ready for Cygnus Alpha 4.0!

Ian Kubiak
The next guest announcement for Cygnus Alpha 4.0 is writer Trevor Baxendale. Trevor has written many books and audio plays for various ranges including the Big Finish Blake's 7 range. His latest story Funeral on Kalion (Crossfire Part 2) has recently been released by Big Finish.

Get your ticket now from www.cygnusalpha.org

Ian Kubiak
Making his convention debut at Cygnus Alpha 4.0 on the 28th-30th September 2018 is actor David Boyce. David played Og in the series 4 story, Animals.

Ian Kubiak
The second guest announcement for Cygnus Alpha 4.0 this evening is writer Peter Anghelides. Peter has written for many different sci fi ranges including the Big Finish Blake's 7 Range.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.43 seconds
10,493,188 unique visits since 8th January 2014