Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 21

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,057
· Newest Rebel: macrascal

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [31 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [19 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 131
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Cygnus Alpha 4.0 28th-30th September 2018
Travisina
Ian Kubiak wrote:

We are happy to announce that actress Judy Matheson will be appearing at Cygnus Alpha 4.0. Judy played a Mutoid in the series 3 story, "Volcano".

Wonderful! We follow each other on Twitter, and she's ever so nice. She loved working with Jacks Pearce on 'Volcano'.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

MrEModels
Great news! Julie is a lovely lady Smile

https://www.facebook.com/MrEModels/
Ian Kubiak
The event has now sold out.

Thank you everyone.

Ian

clanger68
Ian Kubiak wrote:

The event has now sold out.

Thank you everyone.

Ian

FANTASTIC NEWS
. Angry
Well done Ian, you have worked so hard on this one, glad to see it is a sellout
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Mrs_Underhill
Not sure if it's the right thread to ask, but does anyone plan to bring or sell fanzines at the CA 4.0? I'm looking for Horizon 22 and 23, and also for Trooper Orac's Fantastic Plastic Army, but can't find them on EBay etc. so far. I'd be very grateful if someone who has those could bring them for me to either borrow and read during the event, or to buy them.

Supreme Commander
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Not sure if it's the right thread to ask, but does anyone plan to bring or sell fanzines at the CA 4.0? I'm looking for Horizon 22 and 23, and also for Trooper Orac's Fantastic Plastic Army, but can't find them on EBay etc. so far. I'd be very grateful if someone who has those could bring them for me to either borrow and read during the event, or to buy them.

Hi there - funnily enough I was going to post a note up over the weekend saying that Horizon has a sales table at Cygnus Alpha IV and as the table is way smaller than all the merchandise I currently have in my shed and in most rooms of my house it would be helpful to know what people might like me to bring along, either because they know they want it (I'll definitely include Horizons 22 and 23 for you) or to take a look at with a view to possibly buying. I should probably start a 'Horizon merchandise at Cygnus Alpha' thread for that but I'll definitely bring those zines for you. I've got a full list of available 'zines in case there are others you fancy...

Mrs_Underhill
Supreme Commander wrote:
Hi there - funnily enough I was going to post a note up over the weekend saying that Horizon has a sales table at Cygnus Alpha IV and as the table is way smaller than all the merchandise I currently have in my shed and in most rooms of my house it would be helpful to know what people might like me to bring along, either because they know they want it (I'll definitely include Horizons 22 and 23 for you) or to take a look at with a view to possibly buying. I should probably start a 'Horizon merchandise at Cygnus Alpha' thread for that but I'll definitely bring those zines for you. I've got a full list of available 'zines in case there are others you fancy...

Oh, sales table sounds great! And yes, I'd love to see the full list of 'zines!
Just to clarify: I mean Horizon fiction anthology #22, 23 as described here, and not Horizon newsletters. But I'd have a look at newsletters too as I've heard they're really interesting with great discussions.

winnie-l
I've heard they're really interesting with great discussions.
They *are* really interesting with great discussions!
And *awesomely* well made - glossy, great pix etc!

Some very good technical articles in there too (if you like B7 technical stuff)

Recommended! (all of them!)

Supreme Commander
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Supreme Commander wrote:

Oh, sales table sounds great! And yes, I'd love to see the full list of 'zines!
Just to clarify: I mean Horizon fiction anthology #22, 23 as described here, and not Horizon newsletters. But I'd have a look at newsletters too as I've heard they're really interesting with great discussions.

That's fine Mrs_Underhill, I knew what you meant. I'll definitely be bringing a selection of the fan fiction zines and back issues of our newsletter/magazines.

I didn't realise the list of many of our fanzines was up at fanlore.org - how interesting. Maybe I should get the full descriptions of all the stories loaded onto the site along with the tag *still available from Horizon by all the ones that are.

Supreme Commander
winnie-l wrote:

I've heard they're really interesting with great discussions.
They *are* really interesting with great discussions!
And *awesomely* well made - glossy, great pix etc!

Some very good technical articles in there too (if you like B7 technical stuff)

Recommended! (all of them!)

Thanks Winnie

Mrs_Underhill - I emailed you a zine list last night - hope you received it OK.

Anniew
Could you send me a list as well Supreme Commander. I’ll message you with my address.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Mrs_Underhill
Supreme Commander wrote:

Mrs_Underhill - I emailed you a zine list last night - hope you received it OK.

I got it, thank you so much!
And adding more info on Fanlore will be very helpful for the new fans! I had no idea that some fanzines could still be ordered from the original publisher instead of hunted on ebay (as most of the other publisher sites are dead).

PAC
Fine Ask. There is a real dearth of material for a 52-episode BBC 1 Broadcast !

Supreme Commander
Hi everyone, as promised I've made a list of some of the things I'm intending to bring along at the weekend to stock the Horizon merchandise table. I've started a new thread for it so as not to clog up this one - please head over to http://www.blakes...ad_id=2649 and feel free to ask questions on the thread, or PM me if you prefer.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the weekend - it's going to a wonderful celebration.

- Diane (and Natalie who is joining me to look after the table)

clareblues1
Now down and safe after a splendid evening listening to Josette’s talk last night! Wonderfully entertaining and Josette was marvellous with everyone.

Kudos to Ian for arranging her as an extra bonus!
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

JustBrad
Down and Safe in Edinburgh after a lovely train ride. Thanks to all for a lovely weekend, especially to Ian for a perfectly run con, and doubly especially to Lorna for putting us up, putting up with us, getting us there, and getting us to our tube station.

Welshbungyman
Welsh Rebels down and safe.

Big thanks to Ian and his team for another awesome event.

Great to catch up with old friends after last year and make loads of new ones as well.

Those of you still travelling stay safe, and best wishes to those for the location visit this coming weekend, fingers crossed the weather will stay fine for you.

Jon & Becky

Hugbot
Down and safe in Portsmouth after a wonderful weekend at CA4!
It was great to meet so many of my fellow fans again and to get to know some new faces (especially fellow rewatcher Mrs. Underhill and the Welsh Rebels who I missed to meet last year). Thanks to Ian and his team and to all who made me feel so welcome and at home. Special thanks to Pam47 for her kind words about my fan fiction, to Clareblues for gingerbread, to Anniew for Fisherman's Friend and to Ellen for faithfully waiting for two hours in the hotel lobby when my flight was delayed!
Please excuse my aimless ramblings, but I have to share a few random impressions with you:
There was the ONE and only Michael Keating, TWO Daynas (yay!), THREE Jennas, FOUR Travises/Travisinas, and FIVE Supreme Commanders - our very own Supreme Commander, three cosplayers (one of them even wearing Servalan's original costume from Gary's collection!) plus Supreme Commander Athena from a fan-made film (she is meant to be Servalan's daughter).
At the autograph session with Yasmin Bannermann, I told her that I haven't got any of her Big Finish work to sign but that I have seen her in something else. She nearly collapsed with laughter when I produced my Red Dwarf DVD sleeve.
I didn't dare to tell Andrew Morgan that I hate Children of Auron. Instead, I talked to him about Knights of God. He was quite sad that there had never been any re-runs and that there are no DVDs, but he was fascinated to hear that it is on YouTube. He thanked me for pointing it out to him and was all eager to look it up!
Brian Lighthill said that everyone always mentions his work for B7 while all his other work, e.g. The Invisible Man, seems to be forgotten. When I got his autograph, I told him that I actually remember The Invisible Man, and he told me some funny stories about this series.
I already have a lot of autographs on my B7 DVD sleeves, so I also brought my Professionals DVD sleeves to have them signed by Peter Craze, Judy Matheson, Brian Croucher and Stephen Greif. They all seemed to have very fond memories of being in that show. (Fortunately, Martin Shaw was not in B7 ... I think he would have disapproved!)
I let Alistair Lock sign Mirrors where he not only voiced Zen and Orac but also a guy named Kade with a Scottish accent. It was great to hear him doing something completely different, and he told me he absolutely loved to play Kade. Originally, he should have had a London accent, but when Alistair said that he couldn't do that, they shifted it to Scottish.
As great as it is to meet the stars of the show, it is often the lesser known people from behind the scenes who are very interesting guests, this time production secretary Judith Cross and production manager Ralph Wilton. They have stories to tell that you have never heard before. And while the queues ran very smoothly, the longest queue built up at the table of Ralph Wilton who was a lovely and chatty guy. Someone called him 'this convention's Paul Darrow'.
We all know that B7 fandom is the most friendly fandom of all. Even a shy guy like me managed to have a nice chat with two gorgeous ladies who cosplayed one day as Servalan (one in a white frock, the other in a black one) and the next day as Jenna (in the join-the-dots costume and the red blouse from Orac). I even got a hug when they left the venue!
Sorry for the long post .... my brain seems to be still in overdrive after five days with fellow Horizonists!

One Spare Part
Hugbot wrote:

Down and safe in Portsmouth after a wonderful weekend at CA4!
It was great to meet so many of my fellow fans again and to get to know some new faces (especially fellow rewatcher Mrs. Underhill and the Welsh Rebels who I missed to meet last year). Thanks to Ian and his team and to all who made me feel so welcome and at home. Special thanks to Pam47 for her kind words about my fan fiction, to Clareblues for gingerbread, to Anniew for Fisherman's Friend and to Ellen for faithfully waiting for two hours in the hotel lobby when my flight was delayed!
Please excuse my aimless ramblings, but I have to share a few random impressions with you:
There was the ONE and only Michael Keating, TWO Daynas (yay!), THREE Jennas, FOUR Travises/Travisinas, and FIVE Supreme Commanders - our very own Supreme Commander, three cosplayers (one of them even wearing Servalan's original costume from Gary's collection!) plus Supreme Commander Athena from a fan-made film (she is meant to be Servalan's daughter).
At the autograph session with Yasmin Bannermann, I told her that I haven't got any of her Big Finish work to sign but that I have seen her in something else. She nearly collapsed with laughter when I produced my Red Dwarf DVD sleeve.
I didn't dare to tell Andrew Morgan that I hate Children of Auron. Instead, I talked to him about Knights of God. He was quite sad that there had never been any re-runs and that there are no DVDs, but he was fascinated to hear that it is on YouTube. He thanked me for pointing it out to him and was all eager to look it up!
Brian Lighthill said that everyone always mentions his work for B7 while all his other work, e.g. The Invisible Man, seems to be forgotten. When I got his autograph, I told him that I actually remember The Invisible Man, and he told me some funny stories about this series.
I already have a lot of autographs on my B7 DVD sleeves, so I also brought my Professionals DVD sleeves to have them signed by Peter Craze, Judy Matheson, Brian Croucher and Stephen Greif. They all seemed to have very fond memories of being in that show. (Fortunately, Martin Shaw was not in B7 ... I think he would have disapproved!)
I let Alistair Lock sign Mirrors where he not only voiced Zen and Orac but also a guy named Kade with a Scottish accent. It was great to hear him doing something completely different, and he told me he absolutely loved to play Kade. Originally, he should have had a London accent, but when Alistair said that he couldn't do that, they shifted it to Scottish.
As great as it is to meet the stars of the show, it is often the lesser known people from behind the scenes who are very interesting guests, this time production secretary Judith Cross and production manager Ralph Wilton. They have stories to tell that you have never heard before. And while the queues ran very smoothly, the longest queue built up at the table of Ralph Wilton who was a lovely and chatty guy. Someone called him 'this convention's Paul Darrow'.
We all know that B7 fandom is the most friendly fandom of all. Even a shy guy like me managed to have a nice chat with two gorgeous ladies who cosplayed one day as Servalan (one in a white frock, the other in a black one) and the next day as Jenna (in the join-the-dots costume and the red blouse from Orac). I even got a hug when they left the venue!
Sorry for the long post .... my brain seems to be still in overdrive after five days with fellow Horizonists!

Speaking as someone who is way too shy to go to any convention, it was wonderful to read your highlights of the weekend. I am so glad you had such a brilliant time and that goes for all the other Horizonists there! Long may it continue!
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Lurena
Huggy, I second One Spare Part's words. Thank you for sharing your impressions!
However, there is one thing I'm curious about: how was it to meet Josette, your favourite Dayna? Must have been some experience!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.57 seconds
16,135,630 unique visits since 8th January 2014