Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 21

· Rebels Active: 1
Mrs_Underhill

· Total Rebels: 1,059
· Newest Rebel: Johnrcamm

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [32 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
16% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
7% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 134
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Cygnus Alpha 4.0 28th-30th September 2018
meegat39
Well thanks for the info. I have signed up for their loyalty programme now but unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any availability at the hotel. I think I will wait until I get my ticket confirmed and ring them directly.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Ellen York
I haven't booked my hotel yet either. Looks like I may end up at the Premier Inn.

Ian Kubiak
I would advise the premier inn as an alternative hotel as there are bus stops outside the hotel and the bus can take you straight to the convention hotel.
The same buses will pick up from the Travelodge as well, but this is slightly further away.

Ian

trevor travis
Ian Kubiak wrote:

I would advise the premier inn as an alternative hotel as there are bus stops outside the hotel and the bus can take you straight to the convention hotel.
The same buses will pick up from the Travelodge as well, but this is slightly further away.

Ian

Hi Ian, thanks, looks like the Kew Bridge Premier Inn then! It also has the advantage of us having stayed there before, so it's tried and trusted!

It looks around half a mile away, which is within walking distance, or alternatively, if it's pelting down, there's always the option of a bus or a shared taxi.

Ian Kubiak
This evening to tie in with 3 years of Cygnus Alpha Events I have just announced 3 guests.

June Hudson.

Judith Cross

SALLY KNYVETTE

clanger68
Holy Moly!!!!

Such amazing additions.

June is just the most wonderful, passionate, classy lady. So much time for everyone, really appreciates our passion for the show and she genuinely seems to share that passion. Such a skilled designer, I had a lovely conversation with her recently about the costumes for Servalan and designing for Jacqueline Pearce. June is a wonderful addition to the event.

I can't imagine the tales that Judith can, and can't, tell about the series and its various inmates! What a wonderful guest and what a great opportunity to be able to ask her about her time on the show. I loved her stories on Sheelagh Wells 'Together Again' audio tapes.

SALLY!!! Steady there Brad! As always a fantastic guest, lovely person and Jenna is a such a superb character when allowed to be, having heard The Way Ahead recently it will be great to have an opportunity to congratulate Sally on such a great performance.

Well done Ian, such amazing, diverse guests being added to an already stellar line up, this event must be bursting at the seams!
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
meegat39
Great guests Ian!!

TT, Annie and anyone else, I have provisionally booked the Premier Inn for my two night stay. I also rang the Holiday Inn who have advised that the Saturday night is completely full but there is a little availability for the Friday. Not sure if this is of interest really.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

TheElfandherFriends
I wonder if B7 fans have completely booked out the Holiday Inn (135 rooms) or if there's some other event going on and we'll be surrounded by some very puzzled sales reps / tourists!

I am very much looking forward to meeting you all at my first con and putting faces to names. I've booked myself into the Holiday Inn as a treat, so it can be drinks in my room folks!

Travisina
TheElfandherFriends wrote:

I wonder if B7 fans have completely booked out the Holiday Inn (135 rooms) or if there's some other event going on and we'll be surrounded by some very puzzled sales reps / tourists!

I went to a con years ago where the other event taking place that weekend was a wedding!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Ian Kubiak
Meggat39: The hotel has been booked out by myself. You would need the room access code to book one of these rooms. Have you booked your ticket for the event. Many thanks if you have!

Travisina: Cygnus Alpha has the exclusive use of all the function rooms for the whole weekend, so there wont be any chance of walking into a wedding by mistake Smile

Travisina
Ian Kubiak wrote:

Travisina: Cygnus Alpha has the exclusive use of all the function rooms for the whole weekend, so there wont be any chance of walking into a wedding by mistake Smile

It was all rather amusing, though I did feel sorry for the (somewhat bemused) happy couple!

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

I went to a con years ago where the other event taking place that weekend was a wedding!

Was that while we were recreating the Galactic War complete with Og Horns?
If not, it's happened twice.

littlesue

I am very much looking forward to meeting you all at my first con and putting faces to names. I've booked myself into the Holiday Inn as a treat, so it can be drinks in my room folks!

At Edgecon in 1982, the venue was split due a double booking, I believe, and those who had entered the costume competition had to walk from the pub, across the road and into the hall where the comp took place! You can imagine the looks they all got!!
At Galacticon (83 or 84) all us con goers were allocated the top floors of the hotel, while the ordinary guests stayed just below us....coming down in the lift I was in deep conversation with Han Solo, Princess L and Chewbacca when the doors opened to reveal two ordinary guests. They stepped in and were just stunned as we all said hello and carried on the chat!!
The look on their faces was priceless!!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I think it's happened twice Wink

Unless it's RTGP in 2011 that Travisina is referring to. I believe we had a calculator, set square and wine gums as well as Og Horns Grin

trevor travis
meegat39 wrote:

Great guests Ian!!

TT, Annie and anyone else, I have provisionally booked the Premier Inn for my two night stay. I also rang the Holiday Inn who have advised that the Saturday night is completely full but there is a little availability for the Friday. Not sure if this is of interest really.

Cheers Meegat.

I'm now also booked into the London Kew Gardens Premier Inn for two nights.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I think it's happened twice Wink

Unless it's RTGP in 2011 that Travisina is referring to. I believe we had a calculator, set square and wine gums as well as Og Horns Grin

All wrong! (I wasn't able to go to RTGP 2011 Sad )

It was Space City '88 at the Anugraha Hotel in Egham, near Windsor.

Just had a thought - that couple will be celebrating their 30th Anniversary this year - maybe we should invite them to Cygnus Alpha!

sweevo
I have bad news, everyone: I don't think I'll be able to make it (nor do I think I'll be able to attend a convention the following week celebrating Red Dwarf's 30th anniversary). I was made redundant at the end of November last year and I don't have much money left, so what I do save up (partially obtained by selling stuff I no longer need or have use for such as musical equipment or old gaming consoles) will be going towards a trip to Japan (which I'm trying to plan around the same time as CA 4, as I will turn 30 on the 26th), as this is my final year of Japanese studies.

TheElfandherFriends
Meggat39: The hotel has been booked out by myself. You would need the room access code to book one of these rooms. Have you booked your ticket for the event. Many thanks if you have!

Hmm, I managed to book directly with the hotel without the room access code - maybe I got through by mistake!

Travisina
sweevo wrote:

I have bad news, everyone: I don't think I'll be able to make it (nor do I think I'll be able to attend a convention the following week celebrating Red Dwarf's 30th anniversary). I was made redundant at the end of November last year and I don't have much money left, so what I do save up (partially obtained by selling stuff I no longer need or have use for such as musical equipment or old gaming consoles) will be going towards a trip to Japan (which I'm trying to plan around the same time as CA 4, as I will turn 30 on the 26th), as this is my final year of Japanese studies.

Sorry to hear that, Sweevo. Being made redundant is horrible - sympathies. Hope you're able to celebrate your 30th in Japan - a country that I would love to visit.

BradPaula
Sorry to hear you won't be making it to the con this year, Sweevo. But good luck and I hope you can see Japan for your 30th birthday. Cheers.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.39 seconds
16,736,830 unique visits since 8th January 2014