Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 17

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,048
· Newest Rebel: blamelewis

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
23% [30 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [18 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
16% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
17% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 129
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Cygnus Alpha 4.0 28th-30th September 2018
Hugbot
Lurena wrote:

Huggy, [...] how was it to meet Josette, your favourite Dayna? Must have been some experience!

I've often heard that our Avon ladies start to suffer from rapid heartbeat and weak knees when they meet the man himself. I can assure you that I don't have any problems of this kind! Both times I met Josette, I was completely calm and relaxed....

...the only problem is that my brain suddenly gets stuck in idle gear and I turn into a gibbering idiot. She must have hidden a neuronic whip somewhere. Maybe the same place where she hides all her other bulky objects.

When I went into the photo studio, she welcomed me with a warm smile, and to spare us any embarrassment about not recognising me I said, 'Great to see you again!'

'Yes, we've met before', she answered, and there was definitely an expression of recollection on her face. On the other hand, she is a top-notch actress; maybe she just wanted to be polite! Who knows?

Later, in the autograph session, I let her sign the photo that we had taken after the Cleopatra performance. She was overjoyed to see it and to be reminded of that evening. This time, her reaction was so spontaneous that I am sure it was not simply polite acting.

How is it to meet Josette? She is as gorgeous as ever (when introducing her, Ian said, 'She must have a picture in her attic!'), and she strikes me as a very warm and welcoming person. Getting lost in her deep dark eyes after Cleopatra even beat my former no. 1 fan moment (the very brief but nonetheless incredible eye contact with Faroese singer Eivör Pálsdottir after a concert in Flensburg). Okay, I better stop now ... time for a cold shower!

One Spare Part
Hugbot you have made me smile. Dreams coming true makes for lovely reading here. Grin
"We're in the centre of a mystical convergence here."

Lurena
Huggy, that is a wonderful experience! I hope you will thrive on it for a very loooooong time!
I've often heard that our Avon ladies start to suffer from rapid heartbeat and weak knees when they meet the man himself....[ ]..my brain suddenly gets stuck in idle gear and I turn into a gibbering idiot

I have to confess that I have no problems as such as, due to my profession, I separate actors from their characters.
Sometimes I wish I could be like those fans; it must be a special, exciting (and funny) experience.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
littlesue
Lurena wrote:

Huggy, that is a wonderful experience! I hope you will thrive on it for a very loooooong time!
I've often heard that our Avon ladies start to suffer from rapid heartbeat and weak knees when they meet the man himself....[ ]..my brain suddenly gets stuck in idle gear and I turn into a gibbering idiot

I have to confess that I have no problems as such as, due to my profession, I separate actors from their characters.
Sometimes I wish I could be like those fans; it must be a special, exciting (and funny) experience.

Lurena is made of stronger stuff than me. I was a giggling idiot when meeting Mr D. in 1981, 1985, 1986......and then in 2012 etc, etc..............Grin
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Hugbot
One Spare Part wrote:

Speaking as someone who is way too shy to go to any convention

Don't fear. Just take part in the next Horizon activity (*). Believe me, you won't regret it.
When I went to my first Horizon event, I was a Delta grade newbie; I had registered no more than three months ago, and I wasn't even a native speaker! On the way to the airport, I permanently said to myself, 'What am I doing here? I must be completely crazy! Better stop it now and turn back!'
In the evening, I sat in a pub with half a dozen people I had never met before, and I felt at home and surrounded by good old friends, and that was just the start of a very rewarding journey.
Meanwhile, I am veteran of many Horizon outings and have welcomed and introduced newcomers myself. There is nothing to be feared. This side of the galactic core, you won't find friendlier beings than your fellow Horizonists.

(*) That would be the Black Park location visit on Saturday, by the way.

Ian Kubiak
Cygnus Alpha 4.0- Aftermath

Now that the car has been unpacked and the sharpie pens put away, it is time to reflect upon Cygnus Alpha 4.0.

I would like to thank all of the guests who attended the event. They have all said how much they enjoyed meeting everyone and how lovely you all were.

I would like to thank all of you who have sent lovely messages about the events and even more thanks to those who gave myself and Jo a present. THANK YOU!!!!

I would like to thank all of the volunteers who worked so hard so that the event ran as smoothly as it did. I would also like to thank Andy and Robert who shared interviewing duties alongside myself.

It has been an emotional journey but it was worth it! The event raised £1,163.50 for Parkinson's UK which has been donated this evening.

Lots of you have been asking for another Blake's 7 event and despite saying that this will be the last one, Jo and I have decided that we will do a one day event in 2019. We will reveal a date and venue very soon. We hope you decide to make a return journey to Cygnus Alpha.

Many thanks.

Ian and Jo

trevor travis
Excellent news!

Zonda
That's great news to hear Ian. I was really gutted not to be able to make it.

I hope some of you fine folk might be willing to do a write up of some of the things or stories the cast and crew might have shared. I was particularly interested to hear what some of the lesser known figures such as Ralph Wilton has to say.

Judging by the photos and videos online it looked like a great event!
T

pam47
I can`t believe it is a week ago that I was at CA4. What a wonderful event. My first time of meeting Josette, what a beautiful lady. Jan, Michael and Sally remembered me - met them many times before. Made several new friends, Pamela, Barbara, Tim, Paul and Julie. Had a great time with Debbie and her daughter, Hayley who I have known for years. Was able to say hello to many Horizon people, Supreme Commander, Travisina, Meegat, Hugbot, Brad, Paula, Trevor Travis, Lorna, Gary, Clanger, Clanger Too, and Clareblues. Had breakfast with Judith Cross whom I worked for at Deliverance 98 on the registration desk with my daughter, Sharon. Blakes 7 is a really very friendly family and I am pleased I have been part of it for 40 years.

Travisina
pam47 wrote:

I can`t believe it is a week ago that I was at CA4. What a wonderful event. My first time of meeting Josette, what a beautiful lady. Jan, Michael and Sally remembered me - met them many times before. Made several new friends, Pamela, Barbara, Tim, Paul and Julie. Had a great time with Debbie and her daughter, Hayley who I have known for years. Was able to say hello to many Horizon people, Supreme Commander, Travisina, Meegat, Hugbot, Brad, Paula, Trevor Travis, Lorna, Gary, Clanger, Clanger Too, and Clareblues. Had breakfast with Judith Cross whom I worked for at Deliverance 98 on the registration desk with my daughter, Sharon. Blakes 7 is a really very friendly family and I am pleased I have been part of it for 40 years.

It was great to meet you too, Pam! And thanks again for your contribution to Blake's Legacy.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Lurena
Ian Kubiak wrote:

Jo and I have decided that we will do a one day event in 2019. We will reveal a date and venue very soon. We hope you decide to make a return journey to Cygnus Alpha.

YAY! Another chance for me!
I'm looking forward to the date.
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Ellen York
Down and safe back home dealing with jet-lag, mounds of laundry, and the remains of this rather persistent cold Sad

It was lovely seeing everyone at CA, can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday Smile

Mrs_Underhill
Down and safe in Boston, USA (actually came back couple of days ago but still swamped in a backlog of things)! Heh, "down and safe" will never be the same for me after what was done with it at Josette Simon's wonderful talk! Smile
(So at first Josette was asked to do "down and safe" in sign language and she said - "wait a minute, I'm down there talking to ship up here, they can't see me so why the sign language"? And then there was an awkward question from the audience about what people would put on her obituary and someone chimed in - "Down and safe" - followed by a roar of laughter from everyone including Josette. Seriously, you can't beat that! Smile )

I had such a great time there and it was a first time at B7 convention with real-life B7 fans too! Thank you Ian for this event, for chance to see so many beloved cast and crew members, and inviting @MakingBlakes7 was a stroke of genius - especially as that persuaded him to continue his amazing account. Smile And the venue was so nice - I lost count of picturesque Thames paths we explored over weekend, and the weather was great too!

Thank you B7Gary for your wonderful costume and props collection - I could have lived in that room given a chance! Smile And it was great to experience the Android in real life - I love that Android as well as "Headhunter"! Smile And there was even a chance to see Jenna's and Servalan's dresses modelled.

Thank you everyone from Horizon for the warm welcome - I didn't know anyone in real life but by the end I felt like I belonged, it was great to put faces to the Horizon names and to chat about our favorite show! And I very much like to meet again.

Ian Kubiak wrote:
Lots of you have been asking for another Blake's 7 event and despite saying that this will be the last one, Jo and I have decided that we will do a one day event in 2019. We will reveal a date and venue very soon. We hope you decide to make a return journey to Cygnus Alpha.

That's great news, I'll wait for a date and will try to come.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
15,189,921 unique visits since 8th January 2014