Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,059
· Newest Rebel: Johnrcamm

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [32 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
16% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
7% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 134
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
Cygnus Alpha 4.0 28th-30th September 2018
littlesue
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

Travisina wrote:

TheElfandherFriends wrote:

I wonder if B7 fans have completely booked out the Holiday Inn (135 rooms) or if there's some other event going on and we'll be surrounded by some very puzzled sales reps / tourists!

I went to a con years ago where the other event taking place that weekend was a wedding!

Was that while we were recreating the Galactic War complete with Og Horns?
If not, it's happened twice.

I think it's happened twice Wink

Unless it's RTGP in 2011 that Travisina is referring to. I believe we had a calculator, set square and wine gums as well as Og Horns Grin

All wrong! (I wasn't able to go to RTGP 2011 Sad )

It was Space City '88 at the Anugraha Hotel in Egham, near Windsor.

Just had a thought - that couple will be celebrating their 30th Anniversary this year - maybe we should invite them to Cygnus Alpha!

There was a Space City 1988????
The last one I went to was Space City 1986. How did I miss this??
Do you have any piccies?
I can only assume that when the interest rate sky rocketed I had to go out to work, because our mortgage no doubt went skyhigh.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Travisina
littlesue wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Just had a thought - that couple will be celebrating their 30th Anniversary this year - maybe we should invite them to Cygnus Alpha!

Do you have any piccies?
I can only assume that when the interest rate sky rocketed I had to go out to work, because our mortgage no doubt went skyhigh.

I'm pretty sure it was a Space City. I'll check with the Supreme Commander, in case I got that wrong.
As for piccies - it's where I took this one of Gareth, while he was sitting in the conservatory, chatting to Fliss & Kevin Davies.

www.blakes7online.com/images/articles/gt_1988_300px.png
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Ian Kubiak
sweevo wrote:

I have bad news, everyone: I don't think I'll be able to make it (nor do I think I'll be able to attend a convention the following week celebrating Red Dwarf's 30th anniversary). I was made redundant at the end of November last year and I don't have much money left, so what I do save up (partially obtained by selling stuff I no longer need or have use for such as musical equipment or old gaming consoles) will be going towards a trip to Japan (which I'm trying to plan around the same time as CA 4, as I will turn 30 on the 26th), as this is my final year of Japanese studies.

Hi Sweevo.

Sorry to hear about your job. Enjoy your travels and good luck with the rest of your studies.

Ian

Hugbot
Hotel booked! (Kew Bridge Premier Inn)

littlesue
Hugbot wrote:

Huggy, if you are at a lose end between CA4 and the 6th of Oct you always pop down and see me. Just off the M27 between Fareham and Southampton.
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Hugbot
littlesue wrote:

Hugbot wrote:

Huggy, if you are at a lose end between CA4 and the 6th of Oct you always pop down and see me. Just off the M27 between Fareham and Southampton.

Thank you! I already thought about going to the south coast in the week between CA4 and the Black Park outing. Let's talk about that a little nearer to the event.

trevor travis
Hugbot wrote:

Woo-hoo!

Mr Olag
Hi Everyone,

We are joining you in the premier inn club!
Cannot wait for this event and to meet up with everyone again.
Will be happy to make the daily pilgrimage with everyone to the Holiday Inn!

Martin and Danielle

meegat39
So glad to hear there will be a bunch of us in the Premier Inn Grin Sweevo, I'm really sorry to hear about your redundancy but I am sure you will love Japan. Quite envious really!
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Ian Kubiak
We are now just over 6 months until Cygnus Alpha 4.0. We can now announce a few of the things that will be on offer at the event and how the event will run.

Registration: This will begin on the Friday at 1pm with the first photo studio, signing session and interview starting from 2:30pm.

Friday Night: From 7pm on the Friday, we have something very exciting taking place. We hope to be able to announce what this will be very soon!

Saturday Night: There will be the option to join fellow fans and friends for a 3 course carvery style meal. This will start at 7pm and will cost £30.00 per person and must be ordered in advance. You have until 1st September to place your order and you will need to pay for the meal when you register for the event.
After the meal there will be another exciting activity taking place from 9:00pm!

Book Launch: A new book called Blake's Legacy - 40 Years of Rebellion will be launched at the event. This authors will be selling and signing copies.

Sunday: The event will finish at 5pm on the Sunday.

Ian Kubiak
INFORMATION!!!!!

Next Tuesday will see the announcement of our first ‘bonus’ guest.
We can’t wait to share this with you!

Anniew
Our first bonus guest. There will be more folks. Hooray,
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Ian Kubiak
People wishing to attend Cygnus Alpha 4.0 taking place at The Holiday Inn, Brentford, London on 28th-30th September have until 9pm on Tuesday 13th of May to register for tickets using the 6 month payment plan. After that date tickets will need to be paid for in full.
Get your ticket now from www.cygnusalpha.org

trevor travis
Ian Kubiak wrote:

INFORMATION!!!!!

Next Tuesday will see the announcement of our first ‘bonus’ guest.
We can’t wait to share this with you!

Oooooh, Glynis please!!!!! Wink

Ian Kubiak
BONUS GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT

It is with great excitement that we can now announce Josette Simon OBE will be joining us for Cygnus Alpha 4.0, an event celebrating 40 years of Blake’s 7 taking place at The Holiday Inn, Brentford Lock, London on the 28th to 30th September 2018.

Josette will be appearing on the evening of Friday 28th of September for “An Evening With Josette Simon OBE”

There will be an additional cost of £15 per autograph and the cost of an 8x10 photo with Josette will be £15 for attendees of Cygnus Alpha 4.0.

Attendees will also receive a free A4 art card, featuring Josette Simon as Dayna, designed and donated by Damien May in their registration pack.

But that’s not all!

We are happy to be able to offer a limited amount of 30 tickets for “An Evening With Josette Simon”. This will cost £50.00 and includes one autograph, one 8x10 photo with Josette and access to the onstage interview.

You can get your tickets for either Cygnus Alpha 4.0 or An Evening with Josette Simon OBE by visiting http://www.cygnusalpha.org/tickets

trevor travis
Copied over from rewatch thread....

Ian has just confirmed the Evening is included if you are attending the con. The £50 was for people NOT attending the con.

It's free for con attendees. We just have to pay £15 for an autograph and £15 for a photo with Josette IF we want those (we don't have to buy them).

EDIT: Just to add a GIANT WOO-HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers Ian!

Anniew
Hey...we’re going to Cygnus Alpha and we get to have an evening with Josette Simon. Josette Simon folks.

Now if Ian can also magic up Paul Darrow, the experience will be Everything I could dream of.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

BradPaula
Now that we have that misunderstanding sorted, yay. I had never expected to see Josette Simon in the flesh, as it were. Note- have to trudge our Blake's 7 poster over the pond for the 4th time! What a huge surprise for us all. See you there!
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

clanger68
OMG!

That is absolutely wonderful news, about as rare as it gets and a guest I have never ever met, so very pleased.

Given that Josette doesn't do this sort of thing Ian must have worked incredibly hard to secure her, fabulous.

Wowzers!!!
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Supreme Commander
Travisina wrote:

littlesue wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Do you have any piccies?

I'm pretty sure it was a Space City. I'll check with the Supreme Commander, in case I got that wrong.
As for piccies - it's where I took this one of Gareth, while he was sitting in the conservatory, chatting to Fliss & Kevin Davies.

www.blakes7online.com/images/articles/gt_1988_300px.png

I can't specifically recall a wedding at a Space City - but I DO remember the first wedding double booking vs a convention - Edgecon 1982 in East Sheen. I was on the sub-committee of this marvellous event and we had no idea the pub had booked a wedding in on the same day. Caused huge problems at the time but in the end it was a great event.

I think the last proper Space City I went to was in spring 1990 - in Chester. Baby Servalan (now almost 29!) won the children's fancy dress competition and won a packet of Smarties presented by Janet Lees-Price, which her mother then ate as Baby Servalan was only 10 months old and not allowed chocolate... Wink

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.54 seconds
16,798,372 unique visits since 8th January 2014