Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 896
· Newest Rebel: Drasko

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [13 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
18% [17 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 93
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
April 2017 - Artwork Fanfic Challenge by Lurena
Travisina
www.blakes7online.com/images/news/servalan_artwork_500px.png
(Click on image for larger version)

For our April artwork prompt, Lurena has kindly sent us this picture of Servalan. Is the Supreme Commander dreaming, plotting or scheming?

Over to you!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Hugbot
The last months have been quite exhausting for me; I couldn’t really focus on anything. I still haven’t read all the February entries, let alone the March stories! But while enjoying a glass of wine, a cocktail and a double espresso this evening, I came up with the following. Maybe I should do this more often.

Sisters in Arms

It was amusing to watch Avon through a glass of wine. The shape of the glass distorted his form, and the thin film of wine and the unsteady illumination even enhanced the effect. He did no longer look dangerous; not even attractive. Servalan lowered her glass to enjoy his male beauty again. The gaudy flames in the fireplace thrust flickering shadows on this face, highlighting his classic features.

Even without the distortions caused by the glass he did not look dangerous anymore. He was a forlorn figure, his leather gear completely out of place on the Paisley pattern of the armchair. With her playful white dress, she blended in very well with the parlour of Residence One; he did not. There was only one element in the room that did blend in even less, namely the armed mutoid. Avon was beaten, his gang of rebels eradicated, but Servalan was not one for taking unnecessary risks.

‘I bought you on Domo,’ she said, ‘you escaped your legitime mistress for a while, but now you are my slave, and you will obey me. Oh, don’t worry – you might even enjoy some your chores.’

‘It would be more reasonable to benefit from my expertise instead of making me a slave just to satisfy your childish ambitions’, he replied.

‘No, it wouldn’t, because it would mean trusting you.’

Avon looked at the mutoid and her familiar face. Of all the countless mutoids, why had Servalan summoned this one as a guard? Was it just a coincidence? Or did she want to torture him?

‘I am an expert in computers,’ he pitched himself, ‘and in artificial intelligence.’ He nodded towards the mutoid. ‘Well, I am not an expert in mutoid technology, but I know something about them as well. Have you ever heard about the so-called cocktail party effect?’

Servalan raised her glass. ‘Getting drunk because you underestimate the amount of alcohol in the sweet stuff?’ she smiled.

‘No. It is a psychological effect. Imagine you are at a large cocktail party. Someone calls your name, and you notice it despite all the hullabaloo around you. There is a similar effect in mutoids. Despite the repeated blanking of their minds, they still react to very personal, deeply impressed memories like their original names or their immediate family.’

He sighed and reclined in his armchair. ‘But you are right, you should never trust me,’ he continued, ‘after all, you killed all my friends on Gauda Prime. Tarrant... Dayna... Vila... and Soolin.’

When he mentioned the last name, a look of sudden recollection appeared in the eyes of the mutoid. Avon turned towards her.

‘Yes, Glyn,’ he said, ‘Servalan murdered your sister!’

For a few seconds, there were no noises except the sizzling of the flames in the fireplace. Then the mutoid turned towards Servalan. Slowly, she raised her gun, released the safety catch and took aim.

littlesue
Huggy.....such lovely storytelling. Brilliant!
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Anniew
I've missed your stories Hugbot. Thank you for this..great...
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Rainesz
@Hugbot: Nicely done and an awesome twist there! Grin
Even more fantastic: Avon admitting he had friends.

Hugbot
Thank you all for your nice comments. It's great to be playing again in our fanfic sandbox!

Rainesz wrote:

Even more fantastic: Avon admitting he had friends.

I pondered that sentence for a while, and I even considered to re-phrase it. But then I decided to leave it as it is. Of course, he would have never admitted it in their presence. But I thought that under the circumstances, this might be an interesting and revealing detail.

Ellen York
Glad you found the inspiration for a story (maybe I should try wine and espresso and see if I can spark any ideas). Servalan gets her comeuppance by mutoid, very fitting.

Hope things are settling down for you. It is always frustrating when real life gets in the way of the fun stuff.

Travisina
Good to have you back, Hugbot - great story! I love that the Mutoid is called 'Glyn' Smile

Anniew
There is a correlation these days between the successes she achieves and the size of her drinking vessels. Every move she makes results in a new triumph, she hardly has to think or plan them, and yet she needs larger and larger amounts of alcohol to numb the sense of dissonance as yet another of these outrageous power plays goes unchallenged.

It has been so simple to reinvent herself. The mob turned on Servalan, so Servalan died and Commissioner Sleer took her place, a woman clearly indistinguishable from Servalan - she did not even bother to change her hairstyle- yet few of those around her have connected the two and those that did she has killed. Tell the masses black is white with sufficient authority and they will convince themselves it is true for as long as their supply of pineapples continues. And in Pylene-50, she has a solution for even that eventuality. So why does she feel as if she has lost something vital?

Now it is only the remnants of Blake's rag tag rebels that call her by her real name as they pass her on their downward trajectory to the defeat Fate has arranged for them. It is a moment she lives for, a moment when the seed, plant, fruit of all she is, is affirmed.

What will be left, she wonders with a thrill of terror, when they are gone?

The glass she lifts to her lips reflects the creature she has woven from her dreams of power and she gulps greedily at its liquid, its warmth in her belly strengthening the illusion that she remains flesh and blood.

Ellen York
Annie, two very convincing looks at Servalan's thought process. Should we be worried? Wink

Travisina
Annie, another wonderful insight into Servalan.

Ellen York wrote:
Should we be worried?

Should we?!

Hugbot
Travisina wrote:

Annie, another wonderful insight into Servalan.

Ellen York wrote:
Should we be worried?

Your take the words out of my mouth!

Anniew
Yep channelling my inner Servalan!! No more seriously, Ivebalways wondered what effect it would have to take an entirely new identity and repudiate everything that made you what you were - it's only Avon et al that provide a link to Servalan wot was!!

Even more seriously...be afraid...

Rainesz
Anniew: I love how Servalan has an almost queenly "Game of Thrones" quality in your two stories. You did mention you were reading about Elizabeth I!

Anniew
Yes I do see her as a bit of a Tudor. I suspect Liz 1 was a bit of a gangster too!! Never watched Game of Thrones though.

Travisina
Anniew wrote:

Yes I do see her as a bit of a Tudor. I suspect Liz 1 was a bit of a gangster too!! Never watched Game of Thrones though.

I'm loving your portrayals of Servalan, Annie!

Re Game of Thrones - I've not really watched it, but I LOVE the books, and highly highly highly recommend. 'I Claudius' meets the War of the Roses.

Rainesz
Re Game of Thrones - I've not really watched it, but I LOVE the books, and highly highly highly recommend. 'I Claudius' meets the War of the Roses.

Ooh, that's a great way to describe GOT!

Anniew
I'm slowly getting into GOT the first book. I can see why it's prized...the attention to detail and characterisation is impressive and the power play is a bit addictive. I just can't get that excited by the subject matter.

Travisina I'm glad you like my Servalan...she's a bit more complex than the pantomime villain she sometimes appears. Monstrous but it's interesting to tease out some of the ordinary hopes, wishes and disappointments that she must surely feel.

littlesue
This takes place just after 'Rumours'....

Future Thoughts

Servalan sat quietly by the fire.
Its flames warmed her.
In her hand she held a crystal glass filled with an amber liquid.
She sipped it and that warmed her.
But outside this room, only the chill air of death prevailed.
Her men were rounding up and ‘dealing’ with those rebels who had not succumbed to the fire fight.
But here, safe in this room, she could allow herself to think back over the events of a few hours ago.
And him.
For a few brief seconds she had seen another side to Kerr Avon; a vulnerability that had surprised her.
As the truth about the woman he had held dear to his heart had revealed itself, that cold, distant, arrogant shell had begun to crumble.
Everything that he had believed had suddenly evaporated in that dark dank cellar and the more Servalan considered it, the more she realised that perhaps now would be the time to put into action her plan.
Gone was that arrogant, confident man who had pushed aside her elegant seduction on Sarran; now there was a man betrayed and possibly weakened.
Her planting of rumours as to Blake’s whereabouts had led Avon and his crew a merry dance, until Obsidian, and after that, they had switched to more lucrative targets.
Kairos had been one. The lure of the Kairopan had almost proved fatal…and yet her goal of taking the Liberator had failed.
Perhaps it was time for Blake to take centre stage, again, and perhaps the promise of wealth would snare Avon.
That had been his undoing in the first place.
Wealth and Blake.
Blake and wealth.
It didn’t matter in which order.
Servalan smiled and caressed her cheek with the crystal glass.
She took another sip of the intoxicating amber liquid.
It warmed her.
It warmed her even more to think that soon, very soon, she would witness the final humiliation of Kerr Avon.
“This time,” she murmured, “I’ll win.”
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

Rainesz
@Littlesue: Wonderfully written story that matches Lurena's beautiful drawing perfectly. I can see her scheming and thinking "Wealth and Blake, Blake and wealth." Nice aftermath to "Rumours" from Servalan's perspective.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.51 seconds
8,451,499 unique visits since 8th January 2014