Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Cygnus Alpha 3 schedule and general info
Ian Kubiak
Cygnus Alpha 3 Schedule and general information

With just over a week to go until Cygnus Alpha 3, we can reveal the schedule of the day!

09:00-10:15 Doors open and registration

10:15-10:30 Photo studio with Daniel Hill, Judy Buxton, Carol Royle & Jane Sherwin

10:30-11:30 Interview with Daniel Hill, Judy Buxton, Carol Royle & Jane Sherwin

11:30-13:00 Signing with Daniel Hill, Judy Buxton, Carol Royle & Jane Sherwin

13:00-13:20 Photo studio with Dicken Ashworth, Jenny Oulton, David Baillie, David Quilter & David Gillies

13:20-14:20 Interview with Dicken Ashworh, Jenny Oulton, David Baillie, David Quilter & David Gillies

14:20-16:00 Signing with Jenny Oulton, David Baillie, David Quilter, David Gillies & Dicken Ashworth*

16:00- 16:15 Photo studio with Sally Knyvette, Jan Chappell & Steven Pacey

16:15-17:30 Signing with Sally Knyvette, Jan Chappell & Steven Pacey

17:30- 18:30 Interview with Sally Knyvette, Jan Chappell & Steven Pacey

18:30 Raffle and goodbye.

General Event Information

Parkinsonís UK Charity Raffle & Krantorís Sweepstake

Itís time for Krantorís Sweepstake. This is where for £2.00 a go, you can be entered into a sweepstake to see if your ticket will become ticket number 1! This means you will be first in line for autographs.

There will also be a charity raffle. Prizes this year include a signed Liberator bracelet and a very special secret prize! Tickets are 50p each or £2 a strip.

Jan Chappell will be auctioning off an item from her own collection for her own charity.

Bonus Guest

Dicken Ashworth is a bonus guest and autographs from him are not included. In order to get an autograph you will need to buy a red token for £10.00 from Oracís shop.

Photo studio

There will be three separate Photo studios will be taking place just outside of the main room. Tokens will need to be bought in advance and then handed over at the photo studio

The cost of an 8x10 photo with 1 guest will cost £10.00.

The cost of an 8x10 photo group shot will cost £20.00.

There will also be a reunion photo of Dicken Ashworth and Jenny Oulton. This will cost £15.00.

Extra Autographs

If you wish to buy extra autographs, you will need to buy coloured tokens from Oracís shop.

£5.00 Green token guests: Judy Buxton, Jane Sherwin, Daniel Hill, David Gillies, David Quilter & Jenny Oulton

£10.00 Blue token guests: Carol Royle, David Bailie, Steven Pacey, Jan Chappell & Sally Knyvette.

Orac's Shop

There will be a selection of 8x10 photos for sale. These will cost £5.00 each. There will also be a selection of signed photos and posters for sale. Please note we can only take cash on the day.

And Finally...

We politely ask that you do not film during the event and photos are not permitted during the signing sessions with the guests.

PS: I can confirm that all talks will last for 1 hour each!

trevor travis
It all looks a bit rushed towards the end of the day. Just 15 minutes for the photo-shoot with Steven, Jan and Sally, and then just 75 minutes for autographs with them?

That's bound to overrun, so I'm coming along in expectation of not seeing the final panel.

(EDITED to clarify that I'm still coming along Wink ).
Edited by trevor travis on 21 March 2017 21:33:33

Ian Kubiak
We have less attendees this year and these times are guide lines. We have listened to feedback from the last two events and this a workable schedule.

Do you mean you are not coming along?

trevor travis
Ian Kubiak wrote:

We have less attendees this year and these times are guide lines. We have listened to feedback from the last two events and this a workable schedule.

Ian, I am coming. It's just from the experience of CA1 and CA2, I'm not expecting to see a full final panel, which is a shame because it's the main attraction for me. At CA2, all three panels were cut short... the final one badly so. I can't see how the photos with the main stars can take place in 15 minutes - at the last con, it took nearly an hour.

sweevo
I doubt I'll be able to come, since the event is sandwiched right in between my nephew and my mother's birthdays.

Ian Kubiak
trevor travis wrote:

Ian Kubiak wrote:

Ian, I am coming. It's just from the experience of CA1 and CA2, I'm not expecting to see a full final panel, which is a shame because it's the main attraction for me. At CA2, all three panels were cut short... the final one badly so. I can't see how the photos with the main stars can take place in 15 minutes - at the last con, it took nearly an hour.

Less attendees and less guests in the last photo studio and signing will allow us to run to schedule. This time in the photo studio there will be no getting in and out of the Liberator flight deck and the venue is more "user friendly". I'm sure you will be able to stick around for all of the last talk.

Ian Kubiak
sweevo wrote:

I doubt I'll be able to come, since the event is sandwiched right in between my nephew and my mother's birthdays.

No worries. Smile

trevor travis
Ian Kubiak wrote:
Less attendees and less guests in the last photo studio and signing will allow us to run to schedule. This time in the photo studio there will be no getting in and out of the Liberator flight deck and the venue is more "user friendly". I'm sure you will be able to stick around for all of the last talk.

Hi Ian, I admire your optimism of being able to get through the final photo session in 15 minutes, especially as quite a few people will want individual photos as well. This happens less with the supporting cast, but often with the main cast members, especially with e.g. Steven who is a new name to the CA con. So many who be queuing up not once, but 2 or 3 or 4 times.

And then there's the 75-minute time-slot for autographs with the main stars. Again it seems far too short, because everyone wants the autographs with the main cast. Not only that, but it always seems to become a free-for-all at this stage, because the con staff don't police the numbers on people's tickets (it would be quite easy to check the numbers) and people with the higher number tickets jump the queue. I hope you'll be making sure that this doesn't happen this time.

Now I've got that off my chest, I'm looking forward to the con!

Ian Kubiak
I can assure that we will be ensuring people get autographs in ticket number order and this will be closely monitored!

As there are only 3 guests signing and as I've said less attendees this is a suitable amount of time.

As for the photo studio we may start a bit earlier on the final slot so it runs 10/15 mins whilst the second signing session finishes so that will give us 30 odd mins.

Glad you are looking forward to it!

trevor travis
Ian Kubiak wrote:
As for the photo studio we may start a bit earlier on the final slot so it runs 10/15 mins whilst the second signing session finishes so that will give us 30 odd mins.

Cheers Ian - that sounds more do-able!

Sorry if it came across as a moan, but I'd really like for the panels to last the hour. They are the highlight!

Ian Kubiak
trevor travis wrote:

Ian Kubiak wrote:

Cheers Ian - that sounds more do-able!

Sorry if it came across as a moan, but I'd really like for the panels to last the hour. They are the highlight!

I enjoy the panels too!

clanger68
Aha, cheers Ian, it is time to get planning.

It is going to be a busy day, lots to see, hear and do.

Trevor Travis, I've seen Sally, Jan and Steven sign autographs a few times before and they are usually very quick and courteous, never feels like you have been rushed by them but are for want of a better word 'efficient' at the signing lark! Smile

The thing that will hold it up is when you have your 200 individual Photoshoots with Sally Knyvette just to wind up Brad!

Schedules are always fluid and I'm sure we are all going to have a blast.

So, who was the better pilot, Tarrant or Jenna...................only one way to find out!

Looking forward to it as well.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Anniew
At last it all seems real...can't wait!!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

meegat39
I have to say that one of the reasons I won't be attending this year is because you put the main event for most people and myself (main cast panel) right at the end which means even if everything does run on time, I would more than likely have to leave before the end of the last panel to avoid getting home at silly o'clock! This may be okay if you live in London and surrounding areas but not others. It would be better to have the main cast on around 2pm. After saying that, I wish you well with the event
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Ian Kubiak
meegat39 wrote:

I have to say that one of the reasons I won't be attending this year is because you put the main event for most people and myself (main cast panel) right at the end which means even if everything does run on time, I would more than likely have to leave before the end of the last panel to avoid getting home at silly o'clock! This may be okay if you live in London and surrounding areas but not others. It would be better to have the main cast on around 2pm. After saying that, I wish you well with the event

Sorry you wont be attending this year. The reason why we schedule main cast guests at the end of the day is so that we finish on a "high note". We are trying to squeeze a lot into one day and I appreciate that people have far to travel. My family and I will have a 2 hour car journey home after we have packed away and cleaned up.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.51 seconds
9,114,051 unique visits since 8th January 2014