Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 23

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,059
· Newest Rebel: Johnrcamm

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [32 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
4% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
16% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [8 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [20 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [22 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
7% [10 Votes]

Other
Other
5% [7 Votes]

Votes: 134
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
A new recruit, and a new blog in progress.
winnie-l
Happy Friday! Thank you Maestro Zonda!
LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

Zonda
Hi hi.
Time for another episode. This time it's Project Avalon in the spotlight. This was one of the first episodes I saw thanks to the compilation tapes. It was nostalgic to watch it once again. This blog post also features discussion about the smaller characters who feature in the series. https://watchingb...haracters/. I hope you enjoy. All the best, Tim

winnie-l
Thank you Maestro Zonda!
LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!
PS am behind in posting happy appreciative reviews of these, my bad SORRY time time time where it go?! =:o

Zonda
winnie-l wrote:

Thank you Maestro Zonda!
LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!
PS am behind in posting happy appreciative reviews of these, my bad SORRY time time time where it go?! =Shock

It is I who should thank you for all the help with the proof reading!
Smile
T

briggsy1
Please keep the blogs coming Zonda. Reading them is often the highlight of my day (or possibly week). I really like Project Avalon. Lots going on actionwise and a great location for filming - Wookey Hole.

Zonda
Thanks so much Briggsy1 Smile

And here is the latest. Maybe some light reading on the way back from Cygnus Alpha for those lucky souls.
This time, it's the lighting under the spotlight. And Ultraworld.

https://watchingb...-blakes-7/

Zonda
Hi all,
Another month, another episode.
This time it's Countdown.
https://watchingb...ountdowns/
All the best, Tim

winnie-l
WOW THANK YOU**N!

Zonda
Thank you! Smile
And here is another episode under the spotlight, with plenty more to say about television production of the 1970's. Deliverance! https://watchingb...on-action/

Travisina
That is most excellent, Zonda!

Having been a film editor myself, I love the way you explain the process and the thought behind it. You even cite the legendary Walter Murch! If anybody's interested, his book 'In the Blink of an Eye' is a wonderful explanation of how editing works - although of course rules are made to be broken, and editing styles go in and out of fashion like everything else. Look at the pacing of movies or TV dramas from other decades - they aren't always determined by the technology of the time.

The editor who taught me the most was Eddie Mansell at Granada TV - I was his assistant on the first 3 'Prime Suspects'. He showed me how you can not only cut on a blink, but on a plosive syllable (ie 'p' or 'b' ), cutting from MCU to CU in mid-word. Useful both for dramatic effect but also to stitch two shots together where the actor fluffs the lines before or after Wink

But enough about me (I could rabbit on about editing all night) - just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your latest blog. Kudos! Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Zonda
Travisina wrote:

That is most excellent, Zonda!

Having been a film editor myself, I love the way you explain the process and the thought behind it. You even cite the legendary Walter Murch! If anybody's interested, his book 'In the Blink of an Eye' is a wonderful explanation of how editing works - although of course rules are made to be broken, and editing styles go in and out of fashion like everything else. Look at the pacing of movies or TV dramas from other decades - they aren't always determined by the technology of the time.

The editor who taught me the most was Eddie Mansell at Granada TV - I was his assistant on the first 3 'Prime Suspects'. He showed me how you can not only cut on a blink, but on a plosive syllable (ie 'p' or 'b' ), cutting from MCU to CU in mid-word. Useful both for dramatic effect but also to stitch two shots together where the actor fluffs the lines before or after Wink

But enough about me (I could rabbit on about editing all night) - just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your latest blog. Kudos! Smile

Im so glad to hear this. I remembered you were an Editor by trade, and was going to get your perspective as I was writing it, but I got totally carried away and worried that anything you might have to say would be buried in my waffling! Gotta love a bit of Murch, I've been revisiting his approach recently, and also Amy Jump about how she has healthy arguments with Ben Wheatley about his films and what comes out of their discussions. What you wrote about Eddie Mansell is really interesting - the timing of the cuts really became apparent as I was writing this post. SO glad you enjoyed it, Travisina. Smile

Zonda
Hello again.

Another post is published, this time for 'Gold'. I also wanted to share my thoughts about season D. I hope you enjoy it.

https://watchingb.../d10-gold/

winnie-l
HOORAY!
Looking forward to it! :-]

briggsy1
Brilliant. Gold has always been one of my favourite Season 4 episodes.

Joe Dredd
May I be the first to say it?

That's gold, Tim!

Anniew
That's gold, Tim!

Seconded.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

winnie-l
Thirded.
As I read it, was thinking, "This is SOOOOOO much better than nearly any other B7 blog out there!"
Must check out that link he included, if he praises some other B7 blog, it must be worth checking out!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 2.11 seconds
16,692,787 unique visits since 8th January 2014