Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 1,093
· Newest Rebel: Steve Wraith

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
24% [34 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
3% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [21 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
1% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [10 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
15% [22 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
16% [23 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [7 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
8% [11 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [8 Votes]

Votes: 143
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Privacy Policy+

In line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25th May 2018, we have updated our Privacy Policy. Click HERE for details.

View Thread

Print Thread
A new recruit, and a new blog in progress.
Joe Dredd
Infraluminal is Robert Holmes being clever... he’s got out his thesaurus and come up with an alternative expression for ‘sublight’.

Infra = sub
Luminal = light

Mrs_Underhill
Thank you Zonda, your article about Killer and B7 clothes was like a big shiny Christmas present! Overview of B7 costumes was absolutely fascinating!

Zonda
Hi all,
Thank you for the kind comments, I really am very grateful. And Joe, yes that Holmes was a clever so and so!
Here's the latest instalment - Dawn of the Gods.
https://watchingb...-the-gods/
Only 5 more episodes to go...

briggsy1
What will I do when these finish? At least I will still have Ian and Eric's podcasts to listen to, in order to quench my seemingly insatiable B7 thirst.

Joe Dredd
Thinking about Dawn of the Gods, Orac is keen to get close to the black hole. In Power however, it wants to be taken to safety away from the reach of the artificial black hole that is the nuclear compression charge. Has Orac learnt from its earlier misadventure?

JustBrad
Joe Dredd wrote:

Thinking about Dawn of the Gods, Orac is keen to get close to the black hole. In Power however, it wants to be taken to safety away from the reach of the artificial black hole that is the nuclear compression charge. Has Orac learnt from its earlier misadventure?

I suspect that like it's creator, it is just moody. Pfft

briggsy1
I like Dawn of the Gods. That machine that attacks Vila looks straight off of Robot Wars and the Thaarn looks very much like the alien creature in the Corbomite Manouvre episode of ST. Also Avon says at the end that "we may have made a new enemy", implying the Thaarn was meant to be a recurring villain.

Zonda
Joe Dredd wrote:

Ooo - I like that. A super, supercomputer - always adapting and evolving.

Zonda
JustBrad wrote:

Joe Dredd wrote:

I suspect that like it's creator, it is just moody. Pfft

Ha, that too!
Unsure

Zonda
briggsy1 wrote:

I like Dawn of the Gods. That machine that attacks Vila looks straight off of Robot Wars and the Thaarn looks very much like the alien creature in the Corbomite Manouvre episode of ST. Also Avon says at the end that "we may have made a new enemy", implying the Thaarn was meant to be a recurring villain.

I can't imagine much middle ground in this episode. I really want to to like - like every episode of Blake's 7 - but it just lacks a certain magic - or perhaps the magic to too thickly laid on.
That said, I am quite fond of the monster, and Terry Scully too. And the cynic in me thinks that they agreed to tell Groff's family that they were always in his thoughts, but for whatever reason they never got round to telling them. Also I think the first half of the story is really quite good.

Zonda
Hello.
Me again, with another new review. This time I turn my attention to the final season A episode that I have not previously discussed - Time Squad. Hope you enjoy!
https://watchingb...e-effects/
All the best! T
Edited by Travisina on 24 February 2019 20:24:09

Travisina
Another fab blog! Interesting article about model work in general, and an in-depth look at Time Squad.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Mrs_Underhill
Great review on Time Squad and on the effects!
Agree wholeheartedly with the final verdict: "Too much padding, too little in the way of chairs." Still love parts of the episode which weren't padding: scenes down on the ground, crew banter in the beginning and the drama around Avon's piloting the capsule. Yes, it reminded me of surgery too.

Interesting observation on Michael Keating still settling into Vila character during the quarry filming.

Also, a minor nitpick: Mussorgsky wasn't a great Soviet composer, he was a great Russian composer, he died long before the Russian Revolution (in 1881). Being Russian, I just had to point it out. Smile

Zonda
Mrs_Underhill wrote:

Great review on Time Squad and on the effects!
Agree wholeheartedly with the final verdict: "Too much padding, too little in the way of chairs." Still love parts of the episode which weren't padding: scenes down on the ground, crew banter in the beginning and the drama around Avon's piloting the capsule. Yes, it reminded me of surgery too.

Interesting observation on Michael Keating still settling into Vila character during the quarry filming.

Also, a minor nitpick: Mussorgsky wasn't a great Soviet composer, he was a great Russian composer, he died long before the Russian Revolution (in 1881). Being Russian, I just had to point it out. Smile

Thank you! And that's not a minor nitpick. I like to be accurate where possible - so I will change this right now! Thank you for letting me know. Smile

winnie-l
"...too little in the way of chairs."
Zonda, the chairs subthread in your posts is really amusing! Every "space-age" (?!?!) chair encountered now - one thinks, Would this make Zonda's "admire" level?
Dunno!
(There are some "space-age"-ish chairs/bar-stools seen in charity shops....)

Zonda
winnie-l wrote:

"...too little in the way of chairs."
Zonda, the chairs subthread in your posts is really amusing! Every "space-age" (?!?!) chair encountered now - one thinks, Would this make Zonda's "admire" level?
Dunno!
(There are some "space-age"-ish chairs/bar-stools seen in charity shops....)

There maybe only a few episodes left, but there are still new chairs to discover! And occasionally those charity shops do hold hidden treasure!

Zonda
Hi again.

Here is the latest instalment in 'Watching Blake's 7'.
This time I'm setting my sights on other television shows that, like Blake's 7, I have found a connection with.
Primarily I thought I would spend a bit of time talking about 'Pebble Mill at One' for those who remember it! I remember an old Horizon issue, which had a report on when Gareth and Jackie paid a visit to the studios, so it might reawaken a few memories for those who saw the recording.
Anyway, there's much else to unpick, and I hope you enjoy it.
https://watchingb...-top-five/
Bests, Tim
Edited by Zonda on 18 March 2019 18:10:01

Zonda
Another post - 'Death-Watch'
https://watchingb...he-budget/
Two to go.

(P.S I've updated Volcano too, for anyone who fancies having another go with that episode.)

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
20,097,440 unique visits since 8th January 2014