Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
A new recruit, and a new blog in progress.
President Solvite
Just enjoyed a rewatch of Ultraworld, whilst not being one of Season C's best it does have many interesting moments and dialogue

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Zonda
Whilst Underworld isn't one of my favourites, there's much to enjoy. I'm looking forward to reviewing that one in the near future. Smile

Zonda
Good timing this one, with the rewatch of Moloch taking place on Tuesday. Before or after (or at all) - it's up to you! Frown
https://watchingb...11-moloch/

President Solvite
I quite enjoy Moloch (yes people can diss the science of it and the plot , but look at Star One!)

Jan had problems keeping a straight face when in scenes with the KFM (Kentucky Fried Moloch)

Plus I think "It's Great to be free, its great to be free.." makes a good drinking song! Grin

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
JustBrad
The one saving grace to Moloch is that it is basically a Vila episode.

Travisina
JustBrad wrote:

And he looks good in a Federation uniform.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Zonda
Hi everyone,

It's Sunday evening, and despite a long day in the sun, I've managed to finish this weeks offering - Traitor.

It's hard to work out exactly how I feel about this one, as the story seems sound, as are the performances, and so on. But something just seems lacking in this one, and for me it's related to its overall feel as an episode, rather than anything specific. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has any definite opinions about this one.

https://watchingb...3-traitor/
Edited by Travisina on 09 April 2017 20:20:28

Joe Dredd
I'm not a fan of Traitor, but I do like the portrait of Supreme Empress Servalan. It reminds me of Pietro Annigoni's 1954 portrait of the Queen, which I think influenced it.

Zonda
Joe Dredd wrote:

I'm not a fan of Traitor, but I do like the portrait of Supreme Empress Servalan. It reminds me of Pietro Annigoni's 1954 portrait of the Queen, which I think influenced it.

Oooh - that's a nice observation. I like that!

Zonda
https://watchingb...s-2-and-3/

This week - Redemption.

Hope you all have a great Easter.

Travisina
Thanks for the link, I enjoyed reading that!

Joe Dredd
Nice to see a reference to the Don Chadwick sofa, Tim! Not to concentrate on the furniture too much but perhaps we'll see some comments about Servalan's oversized chairs (e.g. Joe Colombo's Elda chair) and that 'stacked' leather lounge that turns up in Gambit (and Stardrive I think), as well as Destiny of the Daleks, the Goodies, Robots of Death, Ali G, etc!

Grade Four Ignorant
JustBrad wrote:

That's always a plus. Aside from City at the Edge of the World, Vila gets almost nothing to do. He's relegated to teleport duty for most of the season.

JustBrad
Grade Four Ignorant wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

That's always a plus. Aside from City at the Edge of the World, Vila gets almost nothing to do. ..

Inconsistency is a problem with having so many writers in the final two seasons. Sometimes Vila is the competent thief with a talent for survival, (and possibly even a dark side) sometimes he is one dimensional alcoholic comic relief.

Cally suffers as well, sometimes a brave and wise freedom fighter, sometimes a naive young woman.

Tarrant: Gallant hero or swaggering ex Federation bully?

And then there is Jenna, 'famous' free trader, or fashionable teleport minder? Although that one is squarely on TN.

Zonda
Joe Dredd wrote:

Nice to see a reference to the Don Chadwick sofa, Tim! Not to concentrate on the furniture too much but perhaps we'll see some comments about Servalan's oversized chairs (e.g. Joe Colombo's Elda chair) and that 'stacked' leather lounge that turns up in Gambit (and Stardrive I think), as well as Destiny of the Daleks, the Goodies, Robots of Death, Ali G, etc!

Joe - you've taken the words out of my mouth. I have no qualms about turning my blog posts into a glorified sales advert for a range of vintage furniture. There will be more I promise! Pfft

Zonda
Travisina wrote:

So glad you enjoyed that. I thought you might need a pick up after the recent Moloch fest! Smile

Travisina
Zonda wrote:

Travisina wrote:

So glad you enjoyed that. I thought you might need a pick up after the recent Moloch fest! Smile

I might re-read it today - rewatched Voice from the Past this morning and need another pick up!

Joe Dredd
Zonda wrote:
Joe - you've taken the words out of my mouth. I have no qualms about turning my blog posts into a glorified sales advert for a range of vintage furniture. There will be more I promise! :P

Cheers, Tim. I'm fascinated by that molded plastic 'body' chair you've shown in the shot from "Killer". Surely something that must've been available at the time but I'm not familiar with it.

As an aside, I've always had the idea of a dream B7 book in my head. Each double page spread would have a page of script and photos on the left-hand page, with the right-hand page divided into various sections: factual details about filming locations and dates; anecdotes and blooper information; fannish theories, commentary and observations relating to that section of the script; prop and model details; Who's that face ("You may remember this guest actor from..."); tie-in fanfic lists, etc. I can see now how wonderful another 'band' devoted to discussing the design could be.

Travisina
Joe Dredd wrote:

As an aside, I've always had the idea of a dream B7 book in my head.

As Dr Frank 'n' Furter said: "Don't dream it, be it!" Between all of us here and wider B7 fandom), surely we have all that's needed?
Transcripts - the Hermit collection, soon to be hosted on Horizon
Photos - Scorpio Attack have a sensational photo library
Factual details about film locations and dates - Andrew Pixley
etc etc

Joe Dredd
Oh yes, it's all there and spread out. I imagine it combined into one place. In my head it's a chunky hardback with a great layout and a great typography. Oh, and a comprehensive index.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
9,849,272 unique visits since 8th January 2014