Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 13

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Sherlock Holmes/Robin of Sherwood
Spaceship Dispatcher
One of the aspects of the original stories I like best is the lengthy establishing scenes in Holmes study; totally dialogue and character driven, and easy to settle into in your imagination. I'm happy they kept the format in some of these episodes, most if I recall clearly.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

purplecleric
It's nice to see an alternative pipe to the stereotype meerschaum - like the deerstalker it has been overworked

Spaceship Dispatcher
purplecleric wrote:

You can see why JB and PD's shared agent was able to offer the other actor a role if one was unavailable - there are many similarities

Absolutely! I didn't realise they had the same agent...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

purplecleric
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

purplecleric wrote:

You can see why JB and PD's shared agent was able to offer the other actor a role if one was unavailable - there are many similarities

Absolutely! I didn't realise they had the same agent...

For a brief time

purplecleric

One of the aspects of the original stories I like best is the lengthy establishing scenes in Holmes study; totally dialogue and character driven, and easy to settle into in your imagination. I'm happy they kept the format in some of these episodes, most if I recall clearly.

Yes it is like the scene on the Liberator - totally focussed on the actors with little distraction

Spaceship Dispatcher
Just had to Google search meerschaum! Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
The Doctor is definately inspired by Holmes, the way he is an expert in an absurd number of things without any reasonable background reason for it! Grin

purplecleric

The Doctor is definately inspired by Holmes, the way he is an expert in an absurd number of things without any reasonable background reason for it! Grin

Ah, but with SH he would only become expert on anything that was relevant to his role of consulting detective - being incredibly ignorant of what many would view as "general" knowledge

Spaceship Dispatcher
The flashback nature of the Holmes narrative, accurate of course, is I think one of the reaons I didn't really enjoy the series as a child; that, and the dark nature of the some of the plots that went completely over my head.

Spaceship Dispatcher
How is pcminor this evening by the way? Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
Holmes (and by extension JB of course) plays scruffy and dim so wonderfully here. Grin

purplecleric

Moaning cos he's been booted of the computer! SH in his terms is "boring" - he really enjoyed the Robert Downey Jr version - well I guess he had to get some of his father's genes!!!

Spaceship Dispatcher
Did JB and PD share an agent in 1984 do you know?

purplecleric
[quote]Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

Did JB and PD share an agent in 1984 do you know?[/quote

I remember reading it in either PD or JB's boigraphy - will have to look it up later

purplecleric
The portrayal of the old man is uncannily similar in appearance to the illustrations that appeared in the Strand accompany the originals - JB was superbly cast

Spaceship Dispatcher
purplecleric wrote:

Moaning cos he's been booted of the computer! SH in his terms is "boring" - he really enjoyed the Robert Downey Jr version - well I guess he had to get some of his father's genes!!!

Lol Grin Well, I enjoyed the RDj films too - but on their own merit rather than as an accurate reimaqining of the original story telling style. But I did find the portrayals of Holmes and Watson to be very authentic to what in my own mind were SAC-Ds intentions for them.

Spaceship Dispatcher
purplecleric wrote:

The portrayal of the old man is uncannily similar in appearance to the illustrations that appeared in the Strand accompany the originals - JB was superbly cast

I thought that, in that disguise, JB looks very like Charles Dance... Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
This scene comes across as very contrived on television...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Max Faulkner again Grin

purplecleric

This scene comes across as very contrived on television...

The dialogue between her & SH is not from the original - and like the opening dialogue with Watson feels very wrong - perhaps I just know the story too well

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.59 seconds
9,863,062 unique visits since 8th January 2014