Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Sherlock Holmes/Robin of Sherwood
Spaceship Dispatcher
The Date: Friday the 28th of February 2014

1st Rewatch - Sherlock Holmes: A Scandal in Bohemia at 7.10pm UK time
2nd Rewatch - Robin of Sherwood: The Prophesy at 8.05pm UK time

All are welcome to join myself, Purplecleric (SH) and Paula (RoS) on Friday evening for the first episode of Granada television's classic Sherlock Holmes series starring Jeremy Brett, or an episode of Robin of Sherwood starring Michael Praed.
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 22 February 2014 13:29:42
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

purplecleric
I'm looking forward to this, SD. It's been a while since I've indulged in some Jeremy Brett awesomeness... *fangirl warning* there may be drool...

On a more serious note, I'm going to reread the original story, just to see how good the adaptation is.

Spaceship Dispatcher
purplecleric wrote:

On a more serious note, I'm going to reread the original story, just to see how good the adaptation is.

That's a good idea, I might revisit the original short story too...
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher
Just a reminder that these rewatches take place this evening...

Spaceship Dispatcher
Good evening PC! Grin

purplecleric
Hi SD - bear with me - may be a bit quiet as trying to finish my tea

Spaceship Dispatcher
Okay Grin

Started...

Spaceship Dispatcher
The opening titles are quite interesting imo, as they don't really reflect the content of the show but set the Victorian scene - and then pull back to reveal holmes looking out upon it.

Spaceship Dispatcher
The show starts with a narration by Watson, gets the episode into the mood of the original stories - and David Burke was a good Watson.

Spaceship Dispatcher
The drug abuse was taken out of the premise after Granada discovered that the show had a large following of fascinated children.

Spaceship Dispatcher
John, seen in the opening scene and a servant of Irene Adler I believe, is a Dr Who casting connection; Max Faulkner played many minor roles in British tv series of the 1970s and 80s.

purplecleric
Sorry about that, SD - the initial scene with Irene seems overly dramatic - then the followig scene with SH very stilted as they try to introduce the character - uneccessary imo

purplecleric
... but now we get onto the case, the dialogue is almost straight from the story...

Spaceship Dispatcher
purplecleric wrote:

Sorry about that, SD - the initial scene with Irene seems overly dramatic - then the followig scene with SH very stilted as they try to introduce the character - uneccessary imo

hmmm... interesting thought - does a series that features a well known character need to establish its terms of reference, or can the assumption that the audience is familiar with the subject matter be excused in instances like Sherlock Holmes.

Spaceship Dispatcher
purplecleric wrote:

... but now we get onto the case, the dialogue is almost straight from the story...

Ah, yes... I didn't get a chance to relisten to the original story as I was absorbed in Peaky Blinders this afternoon Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
As if such a pathetic mask would conceal a well known identity! Grin

Spaceship Dispatcher
The way JB smiles as he says "of course" at the thought of honorable murder reminds me of Avon.

purplecleric
The script writer didn't have to work too hard at this - it's almost word for word

Some discrepancies - the housekeeper is called Mrs Taylor in the original story and Watson is married and not living with SH

Spaceship Dispatcher
Persistent fellow, isn't he?! Grin

purplecleric
You can see why JB and PD's shared agent was able to offer the other actor a role if one was unavailable - there are many similarities

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.44 seconds
9,929,830 unique visits since 8th January 2014