Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 1
BradPaula

· Total Rebels: 897
· Newest Rebel: boroboy

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [13 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
18% [17 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
10% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 93
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
The Adventure Game (DVD, Simply Media)
Joe Dredd
Simply Media have announced they are releasing all 19 surviving episodes of "The Adventure Game" on DVD in June 2017.

The episode with Paul Darrow is confirmed as being part of the set, though the episode is noted as "Ex Collector". This means it has been recovered from a home video recording so it's likely to be of lower quality than the other episodes. (Visual quality, that is!)

Simply Media's facebook post - click on the cover to see some posts with more details.

trevor travis
Oooh, exciting news. I remember this series very well. Season 2 was the best - that's the one where Lesley Judd was there as a 'contestant' each week but was actually trying to undermine everyone else's efforts.

Joe Dredd
Three episodes survive from the 1981 series, which I think is series 2.

Lesley Judd is also in the 21st June 1980 episode with Paul Darrow.

trevor travis
Joe Dredd wrote:

Three episodes survive from the 1981 series, which I think is series 2.

Lesley Judd is also in the 21st June 1980 episode with Paul Darrow.

Yes, that was part of the hook to help the others believe she wasn't working against them - the fact she'd been in a previous episode as a non-traitor!!

Seems strange that some don't exist. VHS videotape was available by 1981!!

Joe Dredd
There's possibly some other episodes around. The unaired pilot is meant to be at the NFTVA and the David Yip episode is apparently held by Kaleidoscope. I think a few people are getting in touch with Simply regarding off-air recordings too, so maybe the number of episodes will grow.

rojkerr1
great fun, I remember watching it

BradPaula
I've got a copy of the Darrow appearance on video tape, from back in the days when we had the quarterly Newsletter- that plus a tape of B7 actors in various adverts, also lovingly taped off telly and offered to members of Horizon circa 1992.
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

briggsy1
Doogy rev.

Joe Dredd
Gronda gronda! (And other anagrams of 'dragon'.)

Astullken
Paul's episode, and others are up on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/...
"Blake is sitting up in a tree. Travis is sitting up in another tree. Unless they are planning to throw nuts at one another I don't see much of a fight developing before it get light!" --Avon

littlesue
Astullken wrote:

I saw this back in 1981. Our TV Aerial was tuned to the Isle of Wight transmitter and the picture wasn't the best.
But I've watched it several times on youtube since finding it and I love watching Mr D getting totally confused.
Daughter No 1, aged about 6 then, watched it with me with increasing amusement, especially as my hero was crying out for help at one stage. She had a look on her face that said..'This man's a genius?????'

Could they make a programme like this now?
Or do they think today's children's attention span wouldn't cope??
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

daro2096
I thought junking of video tapes stopped in 1978? How did 4 episodes of The Adventure Game go missing?

I remember series 2 well. The contestants got on a train and were transported to Arg. Great BBC2 series shown at 6.50pm(at least the ones I watched). Does anyone remember the competition they had on Saturday Superstore and the prize was some Arg currency?

bob79519
daro2096 wrote:

I thought junking of video tapes stopped in 1978? How did 4 episodes of The Adventure Game go missing?

I remember series 2 well. The contestants got on a train and were transported to Arg. Great BBC2 series shown at 6.50pm(at least the ones I watched). Does anyone remember the competition they had on Saturday Superstore and the prize was some Arg currency?

That was only for Doctor who, non-who stuff continued to be wiped until at least 1993.

Hugbot
Astullken wrote:

'Can we find something weighing 50 kg?'
Well, they should have brought Vila along...

Rainesz
Poor Befuddled Paul. "Good thinking, Batwoman."

daro2096
bob79519 wrote:

daro2096 wrote:

That was only for Doctor who, non-who stuff continued to be wiped until at least 1993.

Guess we are lucky that fate did not befall Blake's 7 then.

Joe Dredd
Unfortunately with various TV production houses closing or amalgamating there are a lot of TV archives lost or neglected due to the current rights holders being ignorant of what they hold, or not caring about it at all. One series of convoluted takeovers meant the whole TVS (?) archive ended up being owned by Disney as a mere consequence of a deal they were doing to get something else. They weren't interested in any UK TV shows so the whole archive was slung in a skip. That's why there's only about 12 episodes of the UK version of Fraggle Rock available on DVD.

There's another company whose name escapes me who are totally uninterested in licencing out anything from the archive they now own, which is why it is impossible to get anything made by that particular broadcaster (who I also can't remember).

Sorry that's all a bit vague. I'm going from memory.

Anyway, that's why the work the BFI, Kaleidoscope and the Missing Believed Wiped campaign to recover missing material from private holders and domestic recordings is so important.

Travisina
Here's a recent example - The Wanderer.
I saw it when it was broadcast on Sky (before the Great Falling Out between Murdoch and Branson, which lost us all the Sky channels) and would have loved to get it on DVD. But it disappeared without a trace.

Ten years later, I was working at Yorkshire TV where the series was made, and asked it they had it in their archives. Nope - they had loaned the transmission tapes to an overseas TV company and never got them back. They didn't seem too bothered about the loss - oh well, shrug and move on, concentrate on new productions.

I'd love to be able to see it again, not least for the lovely Tony Haygarth who died recently.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Angry Angel
Travisina wrote:

Here's a recent example - The Wanderer.
I saw it when it was broadcast on Sky (before the Great Falling Out between Murdoch and Branson, which lost us all the Sky channels) and would have loved to get it on DVD. But it disappeared without a trace.

Ten years later, I was working at Yorkshire TV where the series was made, and asked it they had it in their archives. Nope - they had loaned the transmission tapes to an overseas TV company and never got them back. They didn't seem too bothered about the loss - oh well, shrug and move on, concentrate on new productions.

I'd love to be able to see it again, not least for the lovely Tony Haygarth who died recently.

Pity, I'd never heard of it and it sounds interesting.

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
daro2096
You can buy the first two series of the Adventure Game on the BBC Store. The 7 existing episodes can be purchased together for 9.99(I think). 4 episodes from the 1st series and 3 from the second.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.78 seconds
8,482,473 unique visits since 8th January 2014