Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Season C Rewatch - C1 Aftermath
President Solvite
Re Blake's 7 Being Better without Blake.

Well you can't help that! Pfft
You watched things in the wrong order!!

Harvest of Kairos is indeed fun in a pantomime kind of way that Nimon is. Tis' I Soldeeeeeeeed *mad staring eyes*

it certainly beats the snooze fest of Volcano and the comedic Dawn,"Do you want some ground pepper with your pasta" Gods

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Travisina
trevor travis wrote:
I like Ben Steed as a writer, even though I might be in a minority Grin

You're in a minority Grin
That said, I do quite enjoy the daftness of 'Harvest'.

EDIT: I love that we're already on to page 2 of this thread and we haven't even started the rewatch yet!
Edited by Travisina on 22 January 2017 15:13:54
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

sooper mouse
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

surely you mean the daftness of Tarrant.
The episode actually works if you look at it as Avon giving Tarrant enough rope.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Travisina
sooper mouse wrote:

Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

The episode actually works if you look at it as Avon giving Tarrant enough rope.

I meant that all sorts of elements in the ep are daft, including the Spider, Dayna's girly helplessness one moment and then taking on Jarvik in a one-to-one next. I'd have liked to see Jarvik joining the Liberator crew and maybe duelling Avon for the fair hand of Servalan.

sooper mouse
Travisina wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

I meant that all sorts of elements in the ep are daft, including the Spider, Dayna's girly helplessness one moment and then taking on Jarvik in a one-to-one next. I'd have liked to see Jarvik joining the Liberator crew and maybe duelling Avon for the fair hand of Servalan.

but daft art is what B7 is best known for Pfft
And Avon would happily get himself ordained just to make sure he can hitch Servalan and Jarvik together.
the spider however... i'll give you that. Uberdaft even by B7 standards
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:
I meant that all sorts of elements in the ep are daft, including the Spider, Dayna's girly helplessness one moment and then taking on Jarvik in a one-to-one next.

Don't forget there's also a fully-functioning Lunar Module that has somehow ended up on Kairos some centuries or even millennia later Grin

sooper mouse
trevor travis wrote:

Travisina wrote:
I meant that all sorts of elements in the ep are daft, including the Spider, Dayna's girly helplessness one moment and then taking on Jarvik in a one-to-one next.

Don't forget there's also a fully-functioning Lunar Module that has somehow ended up on Kairos some centuries or even millennia later Grin

it fell off when they moved Terminal, of course

President Solvite
Jarvik may be a bit sexist but since he is obviously employed by Kwik Fit, he's a handy chap to have around, should you need new brake pads, exhausts or tyres. Grin

Pity they didn't have him in season Dee when the Scorpio needed new parts..

sooper mouse
President Solvite wrote:

Jarvik may be a bit sexist but since he is obviously employed by Kwik Fit, he's a handy chap to have around, should you need new brake pads, exhausts or tyres. Grin

Pity they didn't have him in season Dee when the Scorpio needed new parts..

in before Kwik Fit issue a denial

trevor travis
President Solvite wrote:

But it works in that order Grin

As soon as the credits roll in "Blake", Federation surgeons appear and work to save Blake. The reprogrammed Blake then appears in The Way Back. As his memories start to return, he remembers a past massacre. However, he doesn't remember the shoot-out on Gauda Prime...

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

President Solvite wrote:

But it works in that order Grin

As soon as the credits roll in "Blake", Federation surgeons appear and work to save Blake. The reprogrammed Blake then appears in The Way Back. As his memories start to return, he remembers a past massacre. However, he doesn't remember the shoot-out on Gauda Prime...

Cool theory! I like that Smile

trevor travis
A reminder that this rewatch takes place tonight.

C1 Aftermath: Dayna lives peacefully under the sea with her father and step-sister. Well, until Avon and Servalan turn up and bring death...

littlesue
Here is that rather nice computer expert's jacket as displayed by me at Smallspace 2013. Unfortunately, that nice flowing black shirt wasn't around, but PC and I did find a vict...volunteer to try some of these costumes on. She and I assisted Andy as there are lots of press studs, hook and eyes, velcro etc.
Well, somebody had to do it!!
Oh yes, have I ever mentioned that this leather jacket is nice and soft to touch?Grin

i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/smallwondersue/Smallspace%202013/hanslopeme7_zps31d5574d.jpg
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

JustBrad
Bonus Limerick

The Tempest was Shakespeare's last tale.
In which Prospero finally prevails.
In our opus he dies, while poor Dayna cries,
And Servie's seduction bid fails.

sweevo
Not tonight - bad, BAD cold (my head feels like it's trying to burst - ditto my eyes).

trevor travis
littlesue wrote:
Oh yes, have I ever mentioned that this leather jacket is nice and soft to touch?Grin

Sue, you've mentioned it about as many times as Basil mentions 'The War' to the Germans Grin

Talking of wars, we've got an Intergalactic one coming up tonight Wink

JustBrad
I mentioned the leather jacket, but I think I got away with it.

RB
Evening all, back soon (hopefully, after EE are unable to provide what I pay for) even Orac can't get a lock on their signal, suspect they have vanished to another quadrant, so back to 3.... which is running a bit slow as everybody is using it as EE has vanished.....
Oh joy o joy.....

BradPaula
sweevo wrote:

Not tonight - bad, BAD cold (my head feels like it's trying to burst - ditto my eyes).

Sorry to hear that, Sweevo. Get well soon and take care! I have been having those head-bursting headaches lately, but brought about by political shenanigans instead. Hey, at least with a cold you get better eventually! All the best.

President Solvite
Despite cold and other distractions, actually going to make this one, disk is set on pause ready to resume..

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.61 seconds
9,171,549 unique visits since 8th January 2014