Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 919
· Newest Rebel: CarolinaJones

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Season C Rewatch - C1 Aftermath
trevor travis
The episode: Colin One - Aftermath
The date: Tuesday, January 24th, 2017
The time: 7.45pm UK time

In which the Intergalactic War lasts around one minute; the Nova Queen is rebuilt only for the pilot to crash it again (his no claims discount will be gone, even it he had it protected); Avon needs a new job following the war and decides to become a Kiss-O-Gram starting with Dayna and Servalan; talking of Servie, she shows how evil she is by shooting Lt Green - not even Captain Black would stoop that low; the Tereptil Leader and Mike Yates make cameos until the head of the local Rent-A-Tribe decides to eat them; and SD, Paula, Brad and myself also appear in one scene at the top of a cliff.

Everyone is free to join in this rewatch, as Blake's 7 reinvents itself without Blake. As Terry Wogan said: "Blake's 7. There's only five of them and none of them are called Blake."

littlesue
trevor travis wrote:

The episode: Colin One - Aftermath
The date: Tuesday, January 24th, 2017
The time: 7.45pm UK time

In which the Intergalactic War lasts around one minute; the Nova Queen is rebuilt only for the pilot to crash it again (his no claims discount will be gone, even it he had it protected); Avon needs a new job following the war and decides to become a Kiss-O-Gram starting with Dayna and Servalan; talking of Servie, she shows how evil she is by shooting Lt Green - not even Captain Black would stoop that low; the Tereptil Leader and Mike Yates make cameos until the head of the local Rent-A-Tribe decides to eat them; and SD, Paula, Brad and myself also appear in one scene at the top of a cliff.

Everyone is free to join in this rewatch, as Blake's 7 reinvents itself without Blake. As Terry Wogan said: "Blake's 7. There's only five of them and none of them are called Blake."

Oh...so it's you guys up there is it?
...and you didn't mention that the rather nice computer expert wears a rather nice flowing black shirt.
Are Lurena and I allowed to pause the DVD at that point?
Cold.....you don't know the meaning of cold.
Cold is when you have ice on the INSIDE of the window!!!

sues stories http://sjlittle.w...
sues youtube channel http://www.youtub...e54/videos
sues book shelf https://www.media...ne%20Shelf
rebel run video http://www.youtub...prqS-XZtLo
Lara and Sue's Stories http://lectorisal....webs.com/

JustBrad
I don't mean to be such a bore,
As Avon has come to the fore,
And two whose parts lacked, tore up their contracts,
But just HOW LONG was that darned war?

dissentliveson
I liked it. Season 3 did well considering the circumstances though it was hit or miss. This episode other than the craptacular Intergalactic War stock footage did a good job of setting up the new status quo. The Federation trashed and collapsed, the fleet mostly destroyed, Servalan President of a ruined Empire and getting obsessed with Avon for romantic reasons and Liberator and ORAC stealing reasons, Avon leader but forced to deal with what's left of the Federation chasing him for the Liberator and Dayna introduced as the cooperative good fighter and Tarrant as the hijacking challenger pain in the ass.

I like when they have Federation troopers take their mask off and act like construction workers drunkenly joshing each other at a bar. The two talking about the war then getting slain by barbarians was good. I like Section Leader Grenlee and Forres too. The troops are only scary with the masks on. Off their just ordinary schlubs.

I guess from what's said in this episode and Rumors of Death, the Inner Planets and Outer Planets seceded en masse, and a huge revolt on Earth broke out but the different resistance groups squabbled and politicked without Blake then got defeated at Central Security.

I gather Blake either figured it was best to leave Avon alone or Avon ditched him on purpose, and Blake floated around the Outer Worlds joining local resistance guerilla groups and they got infiltrated by Federation security during the Pacification Program and Blake started losing it.

The war seems to be a series of battles on the edge of the galaxy that destroy Star One and go past at least Sarran and Obsidian and at some point the Andromedans throw out a biological weapon that gets used in Children of Auron.

The main damage to the Federation seems to be the 80 % KIA fleet and Star One getting blown and frying its security and terraforming and allowing the colonies to make a break for it until they get drugged into barcode zombies in a few years and the uprising on Earth Avon predicted in Series 2 and talked about in Rumors of Death.

sooper mouse
dissentliveson wrote:

I liked it. Season 3 did well considering the circumstances though it was hit or miss. This episode other than the craptacular Intergalactic War stock footage did a good job of setting up the new status quo. The Federation trashed and collapsed, the fleet mostly destroyed, Servalan President of a ruined Empire and getting obsessed with Avon for romantic reasons and Liberator and ORAC stealing reasons, Avon leader but forced to deal with what's left of the Federation chasing him for the Liberator and Dayna introduced as the cooperative good fighter and Tarrant as the hijacking challenger pain in the ass.

I like when they have Federation troopers take their mask off and act like construction workers drunkenly joshing each other at a bar. The two talking about the war then getting slain by barbarians was good. I like Section Leader Grenlee and Forres too. The troops are only scary with the masks on. Off their just ordinary schlubs.

I guess from what's said in this episode and Rumors of Death, the Inner Planets and Outer Planets seceded en masse, and a huge revolt on Earth broke out but the different resistance groups squabbled and politicked without Blake then got defeated at Central Security.

I gather Blake either figured it was best to leave Avon alone or Avon ditched him on purpose, and Blake floated around the Outer Worlds joining local resistance guerilla groups and they got infiltrated by Federation security during the Pacification Program and Blake started losing it.

The war seems to be a series of battles on the edge of the galaxy that destroy Star One and go past at least Sarran and Obsidian and at some point the Andromedans throw out a biological weapon that gets used in Children of Auron.

The main damage to the Federation seems to be the 80 % KIA fleet and Star One getting blown and frying its security and terraforming and allowing the colonies to make a break for it until they get drugged into barcode zombies in a few years and the uprising on Earth Avon predicted in Series 2 and talked about in Rumors of Death.

it's mentioned that the locator unit of his bracelet didn't work and he couldn't be teleported up. WE aren't being told that Blake sent coordinates or requested to be ported up, so , as far as Canon goes, it means he didn't- after all Avon is still looking for him.
Aftermath
"AVON Zen, this is Avon. Have you any information about the rest of the crew?
ZEN Direct instructions have been received from Blake.
AVON Where is he? Is he safe?
ZEN He reports he's uninjured. A locator malfunction at the time of transmission made it impossible to calculate his exact position."
Powerplay
AVON Have you anything on Blake's whereabouts?
ZEN His last voice transmission reported that he is safe and well and en route for the planet Epheron.
AVON Epheron?

Volcano
"VILA They're gonna check out that rumor too, don't forget.
AVON That Blake was here? It's getting to be a fairly common rumor. We could spend the rest of our lives chasing down the ones we've picked up so far.
CALLY Still, now we're here."

so, speaking in strict canon, they are looking for Blake and not finding him. Also they are following rumours- so there had been no further communications from Blake.

This is where the Canon ends. There is nothing saying Avon didn't want to get Blake back, albeit they did have a deal and even if Blake considered that not returning to the Liberator fulfilled it, obviously Avon didn't.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

trevor travis
littlesue wrote:
...and you didn't mention that the rather nice computer expert wears a rather nice flowing black shirt.

Sue, I don't need to, you always do that for me Grin Grin Grin

Yes, feel free to pause away Wink

littlesue
trevor travis wrote:

littlesue wrote:

Sue, I don't need to, you always do that for me Grin Grin Grin

Yes, feel free to pause away Wink

Oh goody!!!Grin

littlesue
dissentliveson. Firstly welcome to the forum and secondly, thank you for sharing your views on B7's Season Colin (It's a long story as to why the seasons/series have been designated personal names, but these things have a way of happening and some of us have got to the stage of not actually remembering how they happened! But that's by the by).
I hope you can join in the rewatch and I promise that Lurena and I, as well as Anniew, meegat, Mistletoe, Silver and several other Avon ladies will behave ourselves...sort of. That laughing you can hear is coming from TT. He's just jealous that Soolin isn't in this episode, but no doubt she is looking lovely.
We've all got different views on the characters. I think that Avon is just misunderstood and is a rather nice computer expert.
But whatever you do, just enjoy yourself during the rewatch and see if you can spot the member of public who didn't get the message about filming taking place. One of them suddenly appears at the top of a sanddune during our heroe's fight with that nasty Sarran (Not Alan Lake, the other one).
Even the film crew didn't spot it until they were editing the film and tape together in the editing suite.
Uncle Vere brought the film to Teal Vandor in 1981 and showed it to us, (alas there was no sound, but we didn't care, we were seeing B7 on a big wide screen!!!) Yay!!!!

Here is a screen shot I did ages ago of that crucial moment!
i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/smallwondersue/Oi%20look%20what_zpsdldb9vzg.jpg

JustBrad
dissentliveson, welcome. Please join us for the rewatch next Tuesday.

trevor travis
dissentliveson wrote:

It's an interesting question: what happened to Blake between "Star One" and "Blake". I don't agree with the Big Finish take that he went loopy and started to talk to an imaginary Avon.

He seems perfectly sane in "Blake" to me. A more-worn and less idealistic version certainly. But his plans seem as ill-thought and unsound as always - that hasn't changed.

I think he hitch-hiked from planet-to-planet for a while, in the hope that would aid Avon's attempts to find him. Then, after realising Avon had abandoned him and wasn't coming, settled down to try to from a new rebellion on Gauda Prime. A very strange planet to do it on maybe, but Blake never was that logical. I get the idea he's been on Gauda Prime for quite a while.

I'm not sure if he ever did find Jenna. I'm undecided on that one. I think Jenna would have come to her senses by that time in any case; there's hints that this has already happened by the end of the second season. Maybe they did briefly meet; and decided to continue down their own paths - Blake as the rebel, Jenna as the smuggler. So when Blake 'tested' Tarrant, it was shrouded partially in truth - Jenna was a smuggler again.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

dissentliveson, welcome. Please join us for the rewatch next Tuesday.

Yes please join in, dissentliveson, the more the merrier!

President Solvite

It's an interesting question: what happened to Blake between "Star One" and "Blake". I don't agree with the Big Finish take that he went loopy and started to talk to an imaginary Avon.

He seems perfectly sane in "Blake" to me. A more-worn and less idealistic version certainly. But his plans seem as ill-thought and unsound as always - that hasn't changed.

I wasn't that keen with BF's take I think the better story lies with the Mark of Kane.

Blake went of with Jenna and had a series of adventures and outcomes that made Blake more of a Che Guevara kind of character that we see in the fourth season.

Blake is scarred emotionally when he believes Jenna is killed by a bounty hunter who he subsequently hunts down. He is then scarred quite literally by the bounty hunter Kane in the same event.

By the time of GP he is a world weary and scarred man, still engaged with his cause but without the support mechanism of the Liberator or Orac.

I love the Mark of Kane, possibly the best B7 audio ever made. Certainly the one that fits the best with the episode canon in my view anyway.

In my personal canon Blake is wrong that Jenna has been killed. She is alive and well and is instrumental at rescuing Avon in the fiasco on Gauda Prime. They then go on along with Del Grant to have a 5th season that has been unfortunately wiped by the BBC *sniff*

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
sooper mouse
President Solvite wrote:

Blake went of with Jenna and had a series of adventures and outcomes that made Blake more of a Che Guevara kind of character that we see in the fourth season.

so you believe Blake ended up being a racist homophobic mass murderer? surely not.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

President Solvite
Re: Blake being a racist homophodic... etc .etc.

No, incorrect, that's not what I posted at all.

Mind you he was tainted with the accusation of molesting children so I'm sure those charges mentioned would also be levelled at him by the Federation as well. Which does give a bit of symmetry and let us come full circle to the start of the series.

Like I said these are my thoughts which people can accept or reject as they wish. However, it does maintain a dark gritty 'dirty dozen' tone which was Terry's vision at the outset.

trevor travis
President Solvite wrote:

I wasn't that keen with BF's take I think the better story lies with the Mark of Kane.

Blake is scarred emotionally when he believes Jenna is killed by a bounty hunter who he subsequently hunts down. He is then scarred quite literally by the bounty hunter Kane in the same event.

By the time of GP he is a world weary and scarred man, still engaged with his cause but without the support mechanism of the Liberator or Orac.

I love the Mark of Kane, possibly the best B7 audio ever made. Certainly the one that fits the best with the episode canon in my view anyway.

In my personal canon Blake is wrong that Jenna has been killed. She is alive and well and is instrumental at rescuing Avon in the fiasco on Gauda Prime. They then go on along with Del Grant to have a 5th season that has been unfortunately wiped by the BBC *sniff*

I much prefer the "Mark Of Kane" to "Blake's Story". Although I reckon "Logic Of Empire" is even better, because I love the cyclical ending of that. Because they were made by fans, I think there was a real attempt by these two audios to fit into the series' continuity, whereas BF often take a bit more artistic licence bringing in things which aren't necessarily B7 (e.g. the observation deck).

Best B7 audio ever made? I think my favourite is Three, because it has Servalan at her most.. well... Servalan Wink And that one is very clever with the continuity.

Del Grant? He walked into a freak wormhole and was transported to Paris in 1979. Grin

President Solvite
Yes Logic of Empire is also a very good production. I just prefer Kane though.

Three is one of BFs best audios they have done as it doesn't clash too much with existing styles. The Magnificent Four at a casual glance seemed like a good story but the writer's abundant 'goofs' and IMO poor writing for Cally makes it one of my least favourite stories. But it was an early effort from Simon and subsequent stories seemed to improve. I can forgive the odd spelling error relating to Bayban the Butcher but the way Cally spoke and used technical terms and references never used again anywhere else is where the former fell down, in my humble opinion from this corner of the universe anyway. Grin

AND Before people start leaping to defend!!

FWIW I like Simon Guerrier writing generally, he does convey humour in his stories well, its just in some of the early efforts , that do not feel like Blake's 7 and errors made which any B7 fan just wouldn't have let slip through.

(Ref; Warp, Bridge and many others..... that's Star Trek or similar)

trevor travis
President Solvite wrote:
AND Before people start leaping to defend!!

FWIW I like Simon Guerrier writing generally, he does convey humour in his stories well, its just in some of the early efforts , that do not feel like Blake's 7 and errors made which any B7 fan just wouldn't have let slip through.

(Ref; Warp, Bridge and many others..... that's Star Trek or similar)

I quite like the Magnificent Four, although the Warp reference is annoying - oh, for a decent script editor to spot things like that.

And Simon Guerrier did do Logic a bit later on, which was chillingly good.

Back to "Aftermath", I love Servalan in this as well. She hoodwinks everyone into helping her out, and pays back that help by shooting a blind man.

In fact, she maybe hoodwinks Avon a little too easily. Although I think he's a little second hand, because he got knocked out before the launch of his escape capsule, and that maybe explains his later carelessness with Orac. This episode is Avon working on auto-pilot.

President Solvite
Logic is another good one from BF.

Both Aftermath and Powerplay are superb episodes.

When first watching B7 I was worried how things would go without Blake.. and actually thought don't be silly it will be fine.. Some gripping stuff in these two episodes

The following weeks we get Dawn, Volcano and Brian the Spider... (oh dear!!)

Hmm Blake where are you now?!!!

sooper mouse
President Solvite wrote:

Re: Blake being a racist homophodic... etc .etc.

No, incorrect, that's not what I posted at all.

Mind you he was tainted with the accusation of molesting children so I'm sure those charges mentioned would also be levelled at him by the Federation as well. Which does give a bit of symmetry and let us come full circle to the start of the series.

Like I said these are my thoughts which people can accept or reject as they wish. However, it does maintain a dark gritty 'dirty dozen' tone which was Terry's vision at the outset.

you said "like Che Guevara".
I was just pointing out that the simile is rather flawed. Even Blake doesn't deserve that

trevor travis
President Solvite wrote:
The following weeks we get Dawn, Volcano and Brian the Spider...

Hmm Blake where are you now?!!!

I don't mind those three episodes. In particular, Carry On Captain Shad is perhaps the most enjoyable B7 episode, as long as you don't take it too seriously. I like Ben Steed as a writer, even though I might be in a minority Grin

I'm of the 'B7 was better without Blake' school. Wink

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.65 seconds
9,456,097 unique visits since 8th January 2014