Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Jacqueline Pearce
Spaceresearcher
Hello all, just wanted to share this terrific interview with you that I hadn't seen before. Youtube certainly is a wonderful archival tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBP0cHkScPw

Watching this interview helped explain how effortlessly Jacqueline could portray the character of Servalan and continues to do so. A lot of the mannerisms of Servalan are pure extensions of herself. (I'll confess I find her voice so spell bindingly incredible. It just draws me in and I want to hear everything Jacqueline has to say).

There is a wealth of great behind the scenes information here to fellow fans and it's great to hear Jacqueline's thoughts on the times of Blakes 7. In the recent autobiography 'From Byfleet To The Bush'(well worth reading and copies may still be available from right here at Horizon as well), there isn't a lot on Blakes 7 for some rather unfortunate reasons, so it this interview was a real treat to see and I'm very grateful to Guybo30 for posting this.

Jacqueline is so well spoken, it's poetry just to have the privilege of hearing her.

LOL. I loved her statement that the story should be more about the characters rather than someone standing by a console saying: "Standard by 10, which I found very boring.". LOL.

I found it really cute how Jaqueline put her hair in a bun, so as to give that classic Servalan look for the let's face it predominantly Blakes 7 fan audience of this interview.

Jaqueline raises a very important point on this whole battle of the sexes and womens liberation and that is the rift that it creates as opposed to uniting men and women which I agree is a far more noble cause and ideal worth striving for. After seeing the recent Nelson Mandella film, his message that people learn to hate, but people can learn to love and love comes more naturally to the human spirit than hate springs to mind. Jacqueline is someone who to me shares the best traits of all great people. The desire to encourage love. As Jaqueline declares 'Love is the ultimate power'.

Wow, that's an interview to cherish, might have to save a copy of that one and put it with Jacquelines autobiography.
Edited by Spaceship Dispatcher on 17 September 2015 14:52:05

Spaceresearcher
Amazingly there's also another interview as Jacqueline sat on another panel that very weekend.

What a treat, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5xQdjWWtag

thewayback7
Found this pic via eBay ...

1.bp.blogspot.com/-8Zl5JSanS8Q/V_m1862oliI/AAAAAAAABYY/nG8SvE5gbogrNHW5kTOWqbloZqJz4fiBwCLcB/s1600/jp_57%2Btwb7.jpg

http://thewayback...-lace.html

Travisina
She's so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Mistletoe12
Indeed! She looks stunning!

Spaceresearcher
Hello all, I was most excited to see a certain actress listed in this collection:

https://en.wikipe...hakespeare

I've always wished I could see Measure for Measure with Jacqueline as Mariana.

I'll confess I've never really enjoyed Shakespeare's works, but do enjoy the language of that period.

Who knows with all those plays, maybe it might just change my mind. It's a shame Alec Guinness or James Earl Jones couldn't have been involved(former turned down a role and the later wasn't allowed due to a kafuffle about only English and Irish actors being allowed to take on the roles).

Still there's a host of amazing actors to found here and I've never seen any of these productions before so it could be very interesting indeed.
Edited by Angry Angel on 11 November 2016 00:22:18

BradPaula
We've seen the entire output of these late 70's early 80's Shakespeare plays, including the play Measure for Measure with Jac Pearce. There is a veritable panoply of stars in them and often they're quite good. The one exception I can remember is Merry Wives of Windsor. It was marred by the fact that either the director had no idea about how to stage Shakespeare, or else they were very pressed for time and went on one take throughout the thing. I also have 4 of the accompanying booklets for the plays, including Measure for Measure. Jac did herself proud.

Note: We found all the BBC Shakespeare plays on NetFlix and they are probably available on other sites. It may be prudent to search them out. There is also a 'speed-reading' version of Hamlet out there somewhere with Gareth Thomas in it. It comes in at 2 hours (Ken Branagh Hamlet is 4 hours) and even though dear Gareth is in it, it is not recommended as they chopped the poor play to pieces.

BradPaula
Here are a few photos from The Shakespeare Plays: Measure for Measure copyright 1979, BBC TV.

i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/mfm002%201_zpsw10qvi6q.jpg

Top photo: Christopher Strauli as Claudio and Yolande Palfrey as Juliet
Bottom photo: Tim Pigott-Smith as Angelo, Kevin Stoney as Escalus, Kenneth Colley as The Duke, and Jacqueline Pearce as Mariana

Yolande Palfrey played Veron, Kasabi's daughter in Pressure Point and Kevin Stoney was Ardus in Animals and Joban in Hostage and of course, Jac as Servalan.

BradPaula
Another photo from Shakespeare's Measure for Measure copyright BBC TV 1979

i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/mfm003_zpsfqnli8rs.jpg

Kenneth Colley as the Duke and Kevin Stoney as Escalus

Spaceresearcher
Many thanks BradPaula, it gives me an idea of what to expect and by the sounds of it, I might just grab Measure for Measure on it's own from somewhere.

Thanks for the photos. It looks like they did a great job of capturing the period.

BradPaula
You are most welcome, Spaceresearcher. We're big Shakespeare fans- having seen all his plays in various versions on video and a few in theatres. We've toured the Globe in London and seen Steven Pacey in King Lear in New York- yes, we're Shakespeare nerds.

Joe Dredd
Getty Images have some great photos of JP. Check out this first one from 1968 in particular, and make sure you maximise the window to full screen:

Click! A stunning visual.

Click!

Click!

And your bonus pic... look at the clarity! Click!

And a heap more of JP! Click! (Keep going past the group of girls to see more of Jacs with Jerry Lewis.)

BradPaula
Excellent photos, Joe. Thanks for sharing. There were a few of them I had never seen. Wonderful.

Angry Angel
Wow, these were all gorgeous! Thanks Joe!

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Joe Dredd
I can't find any of Tom Chadbon I'm afraid, but here's a few of Sally Knyvette (Sorry to hijack your thread Ms Pearce!)

Travisina
What stunning photos of JP - breathtaking! Thanks for sharing, Joe. And for the bonus prizes, too Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

dragonq
Jacqueline Pearce was always a ravishingly beautiful woman. Classic features and such beautiful skin and hair. She fitted the sixties look to a T.

dragonq
I might also add, I actually watched that movie she was in with Jerry Lewis, years ago. It was the act of a true fan, I detest Jerry Lewis. As I recall JP was the only thing I liked about it.

JustBrad
dragonq wrote:

I might also add, I actually watched that movie she was in with Jerry Lewis, years ago. It was the act of a true fan, I detest Jerry Lewis. As I recall JP was the only thing I liked about it.

If you've read her autobiography, she wasn't too fond of him either.

sisterofnight451
Joe Dredd wrote:

Getty Images have some great photos of JP. Check out this first one from 1968 in particular, and make sure you maximise the window to full screen:

Click! A stunning visual.

Click!

Click!

And your bonus pic... look at the clarity! Click!

And a heap more of JP! Click! (Keep going past the group of girls to see more of Jacs with Jerry Lewis.)

OO thank-you for posting these Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.49 seconds
9,162,477 unique visits since 8th January 2014