Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Weapon
sooper mouse
The only episode that got me to the "Oh bloody ... Travis, why"

Funny enough paying attention we notice not just how weird Coser's dress is but how deep the cracks in the Liberator crew go, even before PP.
We see Cally showing her own fanaticism and it's interesting to see how the fact she has nothing to lose pushes Blake into being even more reckless. Which Avon notices and calls her on.

We see Jenna starting to realize that Blake is a liability and that Cally is enabling him.

Avon has a bit too much fun in this as if he's just been giving Blake enough rope...

Funny how Coser is the most humane character so far
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Anniew
I've a quiet affection for weapon. It's got lots of good stuff alongside the daft and introduces Carnell and the concept of psycho strategy. I also love, "Unless you want your last words to be, "Ah so that's IMIPAC!" "
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

sooper mouse
Anniew wrote:

I've a quiet affection for weapon. It's got lots of good stuff alongside the daft and introduces Carnell and the concept of psycho strategy. I also love, "Unless you want your last words to be, "Ah so that's IMIPAC!" "

buried deep in there , there's an awesome sci fi story trying to come out, and failing miserably.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

Yes, Weapon has got two very strong ideas - the IMIPAK weapon itself and Carnell the 'Puppeter'. Plus it's the first episode to put Servie almost as the lead character. I like it a lot.

rojkerr1
great story." rats are very clever you know, the weapon guards itself..."

briggsy1
I've noticed that chess is a recurring theme in B7. In Weapon Carnell has a computerised type of chess machine. Chess boards also feature in Gambit, Orbit and Traitor. Also, Belkov plays a game that looks similar to chess - perhaps an updated version - in Games.

JustBrad
briggsy1 wrote:

I've noticed that chess is a recurring theme in B7. In Weapon Carnell has a computerised type of chess machine. Chess boards also feature in Gambit, Orbit and Traitor. Also, Belkov plays a game that looks similar to chess - perhaps an updated version - in Games.

It's an old trope to make a character look clever and in control, and it is used beautifully in Blake's 7.

Travisina
JustBrad wrote:

briggsy1 wrote:

It's an old trope to make a character look clever and in control, and it is used beautifully in Blake's 7.

'Clever and in control' are not words usually used to describe Vila. And yet...

I've been wondering, when and where did Vila learn to play chess? I wouldn't have thought it was much of a Delta grade pastime. But he obviously knows the game well enough to play speed chess. Put it this way, I know what the pieces are called and how they move, but if I was under pressure - literally playing for my life - if Orac was telling me 'Pawn to K4' (or whatever) I'd be saying 'Hang on, which square is K4?'
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

briggsy1
You're quite right Travisina, I never thought of that before. One false move due to a misunderstanding of Orac's instructions and poor Vila would literally have gone up in smoke.

trevor travis
I think Orac is smart enough to get a draw if even Vila did make one mistake along the line.

Doesn't 'Pawn to K4' just mean move the pawn in front of the king forward by two places?

winnie-l
Are we sure the crew KNOWS about the clone? I know that at the end he and the girl were going to contact the liberator, but to my knowledge they had only a transmitting device. What did he say? "This is Blake's clone calling the Liberator"?? Same voice maybe, but would they BELIEVE him?? Presumably he DID contact them to tell them they needn't worry about IMIPAC, but how much ELSE did he tell them??

My point, which I see I didn't make very cleary with the line about the transmitting device, was that it didn't have visual!

I think Blake would believe him, but I'm not too sure about the rest of the crew. The voice would be part of it but I think that Blake would not expect anyone to pretend to be a clone of him. And I think that the clone would tell him everything. He has every reason to trust his original, his own memories are those of Blake's. And the fact that the crew has ORAC would work in favor of believing the clone. ORAC could confirm the voice match and provide information on the clonemasters.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

I think Orac is smart enough to get a draw if even Vila did make one mistake along the line.
Doesn't 'Pawn to K4' just mean move the pawn in front of the king forward by two places?

Maybe that's too easy an example, but to understand what it means that you do need to know what 'Pawn' and 'K4' are. My point was that Vila knows enough chess in order to follow Orac's instructions. Where did he learn?

sooper mouse
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Maybe that's too easy an example, but to understand what it means that you do need to know what 'Pawn' and 'K4' are. My point was that Vila knows enough chess in order to follow Orac's instructions. Where did he learn?

Avon taught him

Travisina
sooper mouse wrote:

Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Avon taught him

Interesting theory, but my impression is that Vila already knows. I also can't see Avon being a patient chess tutor with someone like Vila, who seems to be rubbish at all other board games (especially Space Monopoly).

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Remember that Vila told us that he 'bought' his Delta classification. He's a far cleverer person than he lets on.

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

Remember that Vila told us that he 'bought' his Delta classification. He's a far cleverer person than he lets on.

I can easily see a clever, but unambitious young boy in a Delta family being offered a chance to "Test Up" to Beta grade, and intentionally blowing the test, so as not to be the Delta in a world of superior grade citizens.

President Solvite
Vila likes an easy life, and I suppose being a talented Delta rather than a mediocre mundane superior grade was a more comfortable life choice.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Dtar
winnie-l wrote:

Are we sure the crew KNOWS about the clone? I know that at the end he and the girl were going to contact the liberator, but to my knowledge they had only a transmitting device.

Agreed. Blake and crew should be terrified of getting anywhere near Servalon or her HQ, where I'd presume she had IMIPAK plugged into a power source, constantly emitting the molecular instability signal at max range.
I also wondered if clone Blake wouldn't one day learn about Blakes struggle against the federation and decide to step into his shoes...
Angry

Anniew
Just read the script. I'm pretty sure Blake and co only know about the clone if Blake Clone tells them about himself.

What is fascinating are the specific links that are made between Costner and Travis 2 which I've not registered before. Costner complaining he was held in contempt by his superiors, cut immediately to an exchange between Servalan and Travis using the word contempt. ... Costner losing it with Raschel, Travis with Servalan, Travis admitting he's lost a sense of himself since retraining, Carnell reporting that Costner is a sick man..all nice foreshadowing for Travis defection and the motivation for it.

And what cracking dialogue in this episode!!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Angry Angel
Good spot Annie - glad it wasn't Kevin Costner playing Coser though Wink

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.41 seconds
9,138,798 unique visits since 8th January 2014