Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 919
· Newest Rebel: Ritter_der_Tiefe

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
15% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 96
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Voices From The Past
Travis8845
Does Voice From The Past have the biggest plot ever? Mind Control - and all they do with it is get Blake from A to B? No shoot the crew and then yourself allowing them to take Liberator and Orac?

sooper mouse
I think Travis wanted Blake and the rest of the crew alive, and the Liberator.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Travis8845
sooper mouse wrote:

Well Travis is an idiot. Besides, we know he wanted Blake dead and he could have taken the liberator with Blake dead.

sooper mouse
Travis8845 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Well Travis is an idiot. Besides, we know he wanted Blake dead and he could have taken the liberator with Blake dead.

Travis is blinded by hatred, but he is not an idiot. On the contrary, he is smart, resourceful and very persistent. He doesn't just wants Blake to die, he wants Blake to die painfully.

Any death may not have been enough.
Edited by sooper mouse on 14 January 2017 13:59:05
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

winnie-l
For DECADES fans have been moaning about how Voice From the Past is a wasted episode, eg:
Voice From the Past: this should have been the episode to deal with Blake's guilt about having betrayed the Freedom Party through his public renounciation etc. Get rid of Travis-as-Mummy. Get rid of the stupid device. Get rid of the actress playing Le Grand. Let this be instead to manipulate Blake/luring him into trap by making him rescue an ex-Freedom Party member who makes him feel guilty as hell for having been broken by the Federation.
(Hmm, I'm not sure how I like that latter suggestion!)
And in another discussion that started out discussing 01.TheWayBack:
The purpose of 'The Way Back' as the introductory episode is not just to provide us with Blake's background and reasons for fighting, but also to point out how limited his choices were. It is demonstrated how Bran Foster attempted to fight the Federation in a non-violent way and was promptly killed. Blake had no other option except to resort to violence if he wanted to effect any change.
Which is why I think Voice from the Past is a key episode, however silly the incidentals: "You may think Blake has another option, viz to ally himself with the better elements within the Federation to bring about reform. Allow us to demonstrate that he doesn't."

JustBrad
Travis8845 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Well Travis is an idiot.

The man is a dynamo. He's clearly been impersonating Shivan for a long time, but two weeks prior he managed to take Blake's cousin hostage, the following week he's made friends with Docholi, and the week after that he's made friends with The Shal of Goth. Travis 1 and Travis 2? No, there must be at least six of him. Sad
Edited by BradPaula on 16 January 2017 20:04:59

JustBrad
sooper mouse wrote:

Travis is blinded by hatred, but he is not an idiot. On the contrary, he is smart, resourceful and very persistent. He doesn't just wants Blake to die, he wants Blake to die painfully.

And most importantly, he wants Liberator.

sooper mouse
JustBrad wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

And most importantly, he wants Liberator.

only after Servalan screwed him over. before that he complained a lot about the fact that her wanting Libby ruined his plans

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.27 seconds
9,501,399 unique visits since 8th January 2014