Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 1
Lorna

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

 Print Thread
Avon's timeline
JustBrad
sooper mouse wrote:


it's not Avon who recruits a federation officer and arms her. That's entirely Blake's idiocy


Idiocy (Can't help but note how fond of that word you are) or conditioning?

Blake: A hell of a lot happened to me, and most of it wasn't on Earth....

Always wondered if that meant that some of it was on Earth, i.e. another trip to the happy table.

Councilor Jovan: How do we capture Avon?
Morag: Easy, release Blake, and wait.
 
sooper mouse
JustBrad wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:


it's not Avon who recruits a federation officer and arms her. That's entirely Blake's idiocy


Idiocy (Can't help but note how fond of that word you are) or conditioning?

Blake: A hell of a lot happened to me, and most of it wasn't on Earth....

Always wondered if that meant that some of it was on Earth, i.e. another trip to the happy table.

Councilor Jovan: How do we capture Avon?
Morag: Easy, release Blake, and wait.


i don't think they'd have let him go again.
And Avon was little threat without the Liberator.


Idiocy translates best from my language into English.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
Anniew
Avon is the catalyst for death whether or not he's responsible for it.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.
 
sooper mouse
Anniew wrote:

Avon is the catalyst for death whether or not he's responsible for it.


that's a bit harsh
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
BradPaula
sooper mouse wrote:

Anniew wrote:

Avon is the catalyst for death whether or not he's responsible for it.


that's a bit harsh


Harsh perhaps, but true.
 
sooper mouse
BradPaula wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Anniew wrote:

Avon is the catalyst for death whether or not he's responsible for it.


that's a bit harsh


Harsh perhaps, but true.


I disagree, Au contraire, Blake goes to great lengths to keep his crew alive.
Edited by sooper mouse on 16 January 2017 21:11:39
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
Travis8845
sooper mouse wrote:

I disagree, Au contraire, Blake goes to great lengths to keep his crew alive.


They will follow him, and he will fight to the last drop of their blood.
 
Rainesz
Anniew wrote:

Rainez Tanith wrote two plays for the BBC but only one was accepted and produced. She did write a story based on Romeo and Juliet ( Sung in Shadow) with a character based on Paul Darrow's acting as she did Parl Dro in Kill the Dead (I suspect Mercutio but I haven't read it).


Thanks for the heads-up, Anniew! That's a Tanith Lee book I haven't yet read and now will definitely seek out. Wink
Didn't she write a monologue for him as well called "Sunset in the City"? I think it's on "The Actor Speaks" but I haven't been able to get a copy of that yet.
 
Travisina
Rainesz wrote:

Anniew wrote:

Rainez Tanith wrote two plays for the BBC but only one was accepted and produced. She did write a story based on Romeo and Juliet ( Sung in Shadow) with a character based on Paul Darrow's acting as she did Parl Dro in Kill the Dead (I suspect Mercutio but I haven't read it).


Thanks for the heads-up, Anniew! That's a Tanith Lee book I haven't yet read and now will definitely seek out. Wink

It's wonderful! It's on my bookshelf next to 'The Silver Metal Lover'. Highly recommended Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes
 
Rainesz
Travisina wrote:

Rainesz wrote:

Anniew wrote:

Rainez Tanith wrote two plays for the BBC but only one was accepted and produced. She did write a story based on Romeo and Juliet ( Sung in Shadow) with a character based on Paul Darrow's acting as she did Parl Dro in Kill the Dead (I suspect Mercutio but I haven't read it).


Thanks for the heads-up, Anniew! That's a Tanith Lee book I haven't yet read and now will definitely seek out. Wink

It's wonderful! It's on my bookshelf next to 'The Silver Metal Lover'. Highly recommended Smile


@Travisina: That's it-- I'm ordering it now! Grin
"The Silver Metal Lover" was the very first Tanith Lee book I'd ever read (as a teenager-- a long, long time ago...) and still one of my all-time favorite books.

Sorry-- Tanith has usurped this thread as far as I'm concerned. Wink
Edited by Rainesz on 17 January 2017 07:41:22
 
trevor travis
I must get around to reading Kill The Dead this year. I think I bought it at RTGP2.
 
sooper mouse
Travis8845 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

I disagree, Au contraire, Blake goes to great lengths to keep his crew alive.


They will follow him, and he will fight to the last drop of their blood.


while Avon doesn't but then again he didn't force anyone to follow him either
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
trevor travis
sooper mouse wrote:
while Avon doesn't but then again he didn't force anyone to follow him either


Does Blake? There's always the option to leave, that Avon almost takes in "Breakdown".

The "last drop of their blood" comment is ironic, because Avon spills quite a lot of other people's blood himself. Again, it makes him a bit of a hypocrite.
 
sooper mouse
trevor travis wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:
while Avon doesn't but then again he didn't force anyone to follow him either


Does Blake? There's always the option to leave, that Avon almost takes in "Breakdown".

The "last drop of their blood" comment is ironic, because Avon spills quite a lot of other people's blood himself. Again, it makes him a bit of a hypocrite.


avon always discussed the next moves- democratically.
Blake just decided they would use Libby to fight the federation and that he'd do without little to no input from anyone else.
I don't quire recall a vote on it with Jenna and Avon, who had as much right to Libby as Blake had.~

And there's a huge difference between "Gan died because Blake lied to his crew" and "Cally died in a trap(avoidable if she'd had stayed on Libby like Avon ordered her to)"

also let's not forget Blake was planning on a genocide at Star One- which only didn't happen because of the Andromedan war, which incidentally was won thanks to Avon, since Blake with his usual daft nature, managed to get himself conveniently taken out by the one man he'd been too stupid to kill on several occasions.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
trevor travis
sooper mouse wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:
while Avon doesn't but then again he didn't force anyone to follow him either


Does Blake? There's always the option to leave, that Avon almost takes in "Breakdown".

The "last drop of their blood" comment is ironic, because Avon spills quite a lot of other people's blood himself. Again, it makes him a bit of a hypocrite.


avon always discussed the next moves- democratically.
Blake just decided they would use Libby to fight the federation and that he'd do without little to no input from anyone else.
I don't quire recall a vote on it with Jenna and Avon, who had as much right to Libby as Blake had.~

And there's a huge difference between "Gan died because Blake lied to his crew" and "Cally died in a trap(avoidable if she'd had stayed on Libby like Avon ordered her to)"

also let's not forget Blake was planning on a genocide at Star One- which only didn't happen because of the Andromedan war, which incidentally was won thanks to Avon, since Blake with his usual daft nature, managed to get himself conveniently taken out by the one man he'd been too stupid to kill on several occasions.


How about "Zen died due to Avon's extreme negligence"?

As for Avon discussing the next moves democratically, how is holding Tarrant at gunpoint democratic in any shape or form? Grin

Don't get me wrong, I think Blake is an appalling leader. It's just I happen to think Avon is even worse.
 
sooper mouse
trevor travis wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:
while Avon doesn't but then again he didn't force anyone to follow him either


Does Blake? There's always the option to leave, that Avon almost takes in "Breakdown".

The "last drop of their blood" comment is ironic, because Avon spills quite a lot of other people's blood himself. Again, it makes him a bit of a hypocrite.


but the option to leave is dictatorial in nature. "do what i say or leave, and now that you're associated with me you're even more of a wanted man"?
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
trevor travis
sooper mouse wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:
while Avon doesn't but then again he didn't force anyone to follow him either


Does Blake? There's always the option to leave, that Avon almost takes in "Breakdown".

The "last drop of their blood" comment is ironic, because Avon spills quite a lot of other people's blood himself. Again, it makes him a bit of a hypocrite.


but the option to leave is dictatorial in nature. "do what i say or leave, and now that you're associated with me you're even more of a wanted man"?


There's always a choice. Wink Not much of one, I grant you Grin

But that's why the crew stays together after Blake leaves as well. It's better than the alternatives.
 
sooper mouse
trevor travis wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:
while Avon doesn't but then again he didn't force anyone to follow him either


Does Blake? There's always the option to leave, that Avon almost takes in "Breakdown".

The "last drop of their blood" comment is ironic, because Avon spills quite a lot of other people's blood himself. Again, it makes him a bit of a hypocrite.


avon always discussed the next moves- democratically.
Blake just decided they would use Libby to fight the federation and that he'd do without little to no input from anyone else.
I don't quire recall a vote on it with Jenna and Avon, who had as much right to Libby as Blake had.~

And there's a huge difference between "Gan died because Blake lied to his crew" and "Cally died in a trap(avoidable if she'd had stayed on Libby like Avon ordered her to)"

also let's not forget Blake was planning on a genocide at Star One- which only didn't happen because of the Andromedan war, which incidentally was won thanks to Avon, since Blake with his usual daft nature, managed to get himself conveniently taken out by the one man he'd been too stupid to kill on several occasions.



How about "Zen died due to Avon's extreme negligence"?

As for Avon discussing the next moves democratically, how is holding Tarrant at gunpoint democratic in any shape or form? Grin

Don't get me wrong, I think Blake is an appalling leader. It's just I happen to think Avon is even worse.



1. Zen is a machine~
2. the next move was not supposed to involve the crew in any way. Tarrant was attempting to interfere with Avon's own choice
3. Tarrant needs to learn he is not the leader, and Avon had no time for a lesson.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
trevor travis
sooper mouse wrote:
1. Zen is a machine~
2. the next move was not supposed to involve the crew in any way. Tarrant was attempting to interfere with Avon's own choice
3. Tarrant needs to learn he is not the leader, and Avon had no time for a lesson.


Ah yes, Avon's own choice. Which ignores Zen's advice, and kills both Liberator and Zen. And leaves the crew in dire straits for the rest of the series.

And Zen is far more than a machine - he's semi-sentient. That's made clear several times.
 
sooper mouse
trevor travis wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:
1. Zen is a machine~
2. the next move was not supposed to involve the crew in any way. Tarrant was attempting to interfere with Avon's own choice
3. Tarrant needs to learn he is not the leader, and Avon had no time for a lesson.


Ah yes, Avon's own choice. Which ignores Zen's advice, and kills both Liberator and Zen. And leaves the crew in dire straits for the rest of the series.

And Zen is far more than a machine - he's semi-sentient. That's made clear several times.


which is exactly what Blake did in Breakdown, only he got lucky.

he also went and acquired a new ship and a star drive and a base, hardly dire straits

sentience is a boolean parameter- either Zen is or isn't.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.47 seconds
9,935,662 unique visits since 8th January 2014