Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 3

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 919
· Newest Rebel: CarolinaJones

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Chris Boucher
Travis8845
http://www.anorakzone.com/blake/chrisboucher.html

Here is one quote:

There has been much speculation as to why Servalan wasn't in the final episode. Jacqueline Pearce has said in interviews that her time with both cast and crew in season four made it her least favourite season to work on, and Paul Darrow remarked that she'd become too outspoken, with some dubbing the decision "Boucher's Revenge". Was there a time during season four that you felt the character had really run its course?

"There was certainly no element of Boucher's Revenge. As far as I remember we had used up Jacqui's contracted episodes by the end and I was told I couldn't have her in the final episode. There were all sorts of negotiations to which I was not privy - it may be that this was one of them. When you've used up an actor's contracted appearances they are obviously free to say no and/or to negotiate a new fee for any more appearances. Budgets are pretty restricted on shows like B7 and by the time you get towards the end of a series there is very little slack and not much patience left…"

JustBrad
I've heard the story of the contract being fulfilled from David Maloney.

sooper mouse
i don't think Boucher would've done it. By the end of the show Servalan/Sleer as a character was kinda becoming tedious.
The idea he'd change the direction of what he intended for petty revenge seems a bit... out of character.
The show wasn't about Servalan after all.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

trevor travis
Vere Lorrimer would have had the final decision on whether Servalan was in the episode or not. Did Vere ever say anything about it in an interview?

Personally, I think "Blake" is about perfect, as it is. It comes down to a simple misunderstanding, between two very flawed men. It almost plays out like a Shakespearian tragedy.

I'm not sure how Servalan's presence could have enhanced the episode. Plus she was already tucked into "Gold" at the end. That was very well done, but you can't spring the same surprise twice. And we'd already had one season finale (Terminal) where it was a trap set by Servalan. That'd been done.
Edited by trevor travis on 13 January 2017 21:39:18

sooper mouse
trevor travis wrote:

Vere Lorrimer would have had the final decision on whether Servalan was in the episode or not. Did Vere ever say anything about it in an interview?

Personally, I think "Blake" is about perfect, as it is. It comes down to a simple misunderstanding, between two very flawed men. It almost plays out like a Shakespearian tragedy.

I'm not sure how Servalan's presence could have enhanced the episode. Plus she was already tucked into "Gold" at the end. That was very well done, but you can't spring the same surprise twice. And we'd already had one season finale (Terminal) where it was a trap set by Servalan. That'd been done.

ladies and gentlemen, the end is near, me and TT agree!!
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Travisina
sooper mouse wrote:

Grin Pfft
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

sooper mouse
Travisina wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Grin Pfft

I'm sure we'll get back to arguing like Avon and Blake sometimes soon, but enjoy it while it lasts

Travisina
sooper mouse wrote:

Travisina wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Grin Pfft

I'm sure we'll get back to arguing like Avon and Blake sometimes soon, but enjoy it while it lasts

Just let me know if you decide to get married!

sooper mouse
Travisina wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Travisina wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Grin Pfft

I don't think my keyboard will recover after this inadvertent Fanta bath.

Travisina
sooper mouse wrote:

Travisina wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Travisina wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Grin Pfft

Oops Wink

sooper mouse
Travisina wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Travisina wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Travisina wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Grin Pfft

Oops Wink

I have a cat that eats cables. I keep spare keyboards Pfft

trevor travis
Shock Shock Grin Grin Grin

sooper mouse
Can we get back to arguing?

trevor travis
sooper mouse wrote:

If you like. Avon's behaviour in "Terminal" is always a good starting point Wink

sooper mouse
trevor travis wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

If you like. Avon's behaviour in "Terminal" is always a good starting point Wink

Well already argued about that. It was meant to be a series finale, and Paul was using it as a showcase for whatever he was after next. And since that would've obviously been a villain, and it's the 80s, there would be vast amounts of ham.
Big gay Longcat agrees Smile
Edited by sooper mouse on 14 January 2017 16:06:28

Travis8845
sooper mouse wrote:

i don't think Boucher would've done it. By the end of the show Servalan/Sleer as a character was kinda becoming tedious.
The idea he'd change the direction of what he intended for petty revenge seems a bit... out of character.

From the Blake chapter in Alan Stevens and Fiona Moore's Liberation:

"Lorrimer says that it was felt that Servalan was overused, and also that it would be more surprising for the audience if she were not to turn up."

Travis8845
sooper mouse wrote:

Well, in that excerpt Boucher said it wasn't revenge and I believe him.

sooper mouse
Travis8845 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

"Lorrimer says that it was felt that Servalan was overused, and also that it would be more surprising for the audience if she were not to turn up."

she was overused and quite frankly the Scorpio team were not enough of a threat to her at this point to warrant the amount of time she spent on them.

REgardless how much she wanted to peel the leathers off Avon

trevor travis
Travis8845 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Well, there you go, then. Just as suspected, it would be the producer who gave the script editor the list of requirements for the last episode of Season D:

* Blake (must be killed - the condition of Gareth Thomas returning)
* No Servalan
* Finish on a big cliffhanger

So it was nothing to do with Chris Boucher that Servie wasn't in the last episode.

What Boucher did decide was the manner of Blake's death. He was the one who decided that it would be Avon who shot Blake. After that, he says the episode almost wrote itself (Paul tried to claim credit for that idea, but it was Chris Boucher's).

sooper mouse
trevor travis wrote:

Travis8845 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Well, there you go, then. Just as suspected, it would be the producer who gave the script editor the list of requirements for the last episode of Season D:

* Blake (must be killed - the condition of Gareth Thomas returning)
* No Servalan
* Finish on a big cliffhanger

So it was nothing to do with Chris Boucher that Servie wasn't in the last episode.

What Boucher did decide was the manner of Blake's death. He was the one who decided that it would be Avon who shot Blake. After that, he says the episode almost wrote itself (Paul tried to claim credit for that idea, but it was Chris Boucher's).

yeah but it's not liek anyone else could've killed Blake

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.58 seconds
9,457,605 unique visits since 8th January 2014