Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
'Avon the Paul Darrow Society'
sisterofnight451
Hi,
wasn't sure where to post this question so hope I'm ok here...

Does anyone know if this website/forum defunct?

avonpds.myfreeforum.org

I tried to sign up days ago and am getting no activation Sad

Because I can't log in to it I can't ask anyone for help!

JustBrad
You are always welcome to post here. We have a news section that is constantly updated and more than a few threads dedicated to Avon and Paul Darrow.

As for PDS, as far as I know they are still active, but a quick look at the 'last post' dates on the forum would seem to indicate that they aren't getting a lot of traffic lately.

I'm sure we have a member or two here at Horizon that is also a member of PDS, perhaps they can give you more information, either here on this thread or via PM.

(Edited for typos)

sooper mouse
the site hasn't been updated in a year
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Anniew
I applied about 2 years ago but either they thought I wasn't suitable or something went astray because I never got a reply.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

President Solvite
Well everyone is welcome here and we're glad to have you all aboard Smile

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
BradPaula
Sorry to hear about the PDS in decline, sisterofnight451, but we are always happy to accept new members at Horizon. Welcome!

sooper mouse
Paul should have a good website though.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

clareblues1
The last I knew the forum part of the site has been pretty much abandoned. I think it's been left online for posterity reasons but that's all.
The foolish reject what they see;
the wise reject what they think.

sooper mouse
clareblues1 wrote:

The last I knew the forum part of the site has been pretty much abandoned. I think it's been left online for posterity reasons but that's all.

the rest of it isn't updated either. That's how I missed the cat show Sad
Edited by sooper mouse on 14 January 2017 08:56:52

President Solvite
sooper mouse wrote:

Paul should have a good website though.

He does have one, he just happens to share it with all the other talented cast here. Smile

meegat39
I joined the Avon Paul Darrow society. I think Maureen, Paul Darrow's pa runs the website. It isn't used very much any more and I have all but given up posting on it too. However, it is still running. Maureen is very busy so if you haven't had a response I would just keep sending the same email until you get a reply...
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

sooper mouse
meegat39 wrote:

I joined the Avon Paul Darrow society. I think Maureen, Paul Darrow's pa runs the website. It isn't used very much any more and I have all but given up posting on it too. However, it is still running. Maureen is very busy so if you haven't had a response I would just keep sending the same email until you get a reply...

Surely a Facebook age would be easier to maintain. That site was never finished to begin with

Silver Alaunt
I did try to join the society but was not able to post anything. As I did not understand the questions for joining, not unusual for me as you may have noticed, I gave up. I bought a copy of Blakes Heaven and from that found Horizon which is the fount of all B7 and Paul, so here I am. Still don't understand the instructions you give me most of the time but I get by. Being shy I don't do Facebook, Twitter etc. Keeping a low profile.

President Solvite
Never seen the appeal of Facebook apart from casual chatting personally speaking. It has a purpose that enables people to keep in touch elsewhere in the world I guess, but the FB interface is very clunky imo and features intrusive nagging dialogue boxes.

A forum format like this is so much more suited in my opinion for fans as you can organise discussions and archive documents for easy retrieval.

sooper mouse
not for that, for news and interraction.

President Solvite
Interface not very nice

Joe Dredd
Silver Alaunt wrote:
Still don't understand the instructions you give me most of the time but I get by.

We love all our membership, whether they post a lot or just like to read what is said.

I'm curious though, Silver Alaunt, as to what kind of instructions you are being given? If it is to deposit money in a Nigerian bank account, don't do it. (If it's my bank account on the other hand...)

sisterofnight451
Thank-you all for your replies!! I feel most welcome Smile
I am a new fan and am completely hooked it and finding out all about it and everything around it, and especially Paul.

For many years I've been a massive Survivor's fan, so am looking forward to seeing if there's any crossover...

For people who don't use Facebook I suppose it would be no good having something on there but I often do and just saw Jacqueline Pearce's latest post about doing some conventions this year, for example Smile

But it looks to me like with the width and depth of fandom for this subject it requires a lot more than just a FB page! It feels a little old fashioned but then perhaps that's apt.

Well if she is very busy I wouldn't like to bug Paul's PA, and hopefully things will filter through on to here Grin

Anniew
Fabulous pen name sisterofthehenight. I'd have expected you to be a big fan of Gothic with a pen name like that !!!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

sisterofnight451
Anniew wrote:

Fabulous pen name sisterofthehenight. I'd have expected you to be a big fan of Gothic with a pen name like that !!!

Thanks!
My taste has always been a bit goth but always had a penchant for the post-apocalyptic and the name, well it comes from a Depeche Mode song Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
9,919,209 unique visits since 8th January 2014