Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 17

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Del Grant
Spaceresearcher
Amazingly this terrific character is making come backs in audio form. Great to see. I always hoped I'd see him again in the television series down the track.

JustBrad
Seems to me I've heard of am ardent Del Grant fan somewhere here on the board... Who was it....?
(Hint: Not me, despite the avatar).

i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/BradPaula/smileys/e28177.gif

Lurena
JustBrad wrote:

Seems to me I've heard of am ardent Del Grant fan somewhere here on the board... Who was it....?

I must have heard of this....
thinking hard.... must be the age....
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
Spaceresearcher
I'm really curious to see what other stories might be forth coming for more Del Grant.

I'm also wondering if a glimpse of the past might be possible with the Big Finish productions, where Anna Grant, Del Grant and Avon are all friends and perhaps what goes down around that time before Del believes Anna and Avon to be dead?

Grade Four Ignorant
I've always wondered why Blake didn't do a better job to persuade Grant to join his team. The conversation they had should have run like this:

BLAKE: You're welcome to come with us, if you want to.

GRANT: Thanks, but no. They still need me down on Albian. Besides, I've got a pretty hefty fee to collect.

BLAKE: Did I tell you about this big room full of jewels and gold we've got?

GRANT: Really?

In my own Alternate Season C, instead of Dayna and Tarrant, the crew are joined by Del Grant, Ven Jarvik and Deeta Tarrant.

JustBrad
Lurena wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

I must have heard of this....
thinking hard.... must be the age....

Your age or her age? (runs)

JustBrad
Grade Four Ignorant wrote:

I've always wondered why Blake didn't do a better job to persuade Grant to join his team. The conversation they had should have run like this:

GRANT: Thanks, but no. They still need me down on Albian. Besides, I've got a pretty hefty fee to collect.

In my own Alternate Season C, instead of Dayna and Tarrant, the crew are joined by Del Grant, Ven Jarvik and Deeta Tarrant.

Grant: Jewels? Only one problem. I give orders, I don't take them.

In my alternate universe, Jenna encounters Grant while on the run post SO. History is made.

Though I like the idea of Grant on Libby 3rd season: He'd be a better foil for Avon than Tarrant, and I can just imagine the
Tarrant / Grant dialogue.

BradPaula
Spaceresearcher wrote:

I'm really curious to see what other stories might be forth coming for more Del Grant.

I'm also wondering if a glimpse of the past might be possible with the Big Finish productions, where Anna Grant, Del Grant and Avon are all friends and perhaps what goes down around that time before Del believes Anna and Avon to be dead?

I suppose no one on this Forum will be surprised but I have talked to David Richardson and to Jason Haigh-Ellery, Paul Spragg, and Ken Bentley, all of Big Finish, about the character of Del Grant and bringing him back for the Liberator Chronicles audios.

Many who have been on the Forum for some time will know of the grass-roots movement a dozen of us made to Big Finish to bring the character back. It worked, worked so well we got Armageddon Storm out of it.

I have proposed to these gentlemen, and on the Big Finish Forum that perhaps some writer would take up the mantle so to speak and write a sort of 'triangle' story about Del, Anna and Avon at some point. There is a story potential there somewhere and all we need is someone like Caven Scott or Mark Wright to bring it to fruition.

I am holding back a bit of information given to me by David Richardson, when I met him last year at Dimension's con. Let me just say that things are looking up in the ongoing Blake's 7 saga and I am absolutely thrilled about it.

And as for Brad's post above... our love of the characters from Blake's 7 prompted us nearly 30 years ago to start writing fan fiction. First Brad and then me- wrote and then added on to his story all because we could not give up our favorite characters and wanted a continuation of them for our entertainment. That is when Brad wrote his post-Gauda Prime story, "Hunters and Prey" in Horizon #17 about Avon and Vila surviving GP, and teaming up with Del Grant and Jenna (yes, we never thought Blake was right saying she was dead) and having them continue to fight the Federation. His 230 pages and my 175 pages (so far) are testament to the fact that we still are interested in these unique and flawed characters and want more. So hear us, Big Finish. You have not even scratched the surface of our universe- yet. <grin> -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

BradPaula
Grade Four Ignorant wrote:

In my opinion, Grant used the mercenary profession as a cover. He was a full-fledged freedom fighter and used the money he gained from fighting as a 'mercenary' to fund his campaigns against the Federation. Also, Grant is his own man and would have trouble taking orders from others- especially Blake. If he did join the crew of Liberator, it would only be for a very short time and to help fight the Federation, as in the Big Finish audio, Armageddon Storm. Of course, when he left, he'd probably have convinced Jenna to leave with him- as he is no fool. But then, that's a story for another day..... -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Spaceship Dispatcher
In my opinion, Del Grant is actually an insurance salesman. Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

President Solvite
It is my firm belief that Grant is not his real surname.. It is in fact Trotter..

Innit... 'ey?

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
JustBrad
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

As in... ?

Grant: Nice planet you got here, shame if anything were to happen to it.

President Sarkoff: Happen to it? What do you mean?

Grant: Things happen all the time. Hostile Federation takeovers, Space Rats, fixed elections, asteroids, inexplicable explosions...

President Sarkoff: Are you threatening me?

Grant: No! I'm here to help you. For a very reasonable fee - on a planetary scale - I can guarantee NOTHING will happen to your nice little planet.

Brigadier: All right, stop the sketch, entirely too silly.

Spaceresearcher
BradPaula wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

I suppose no one on this Forum will be surprised but I have talked to David Richardson and to Jason Haigh-Ellery, Paul Spragg, and Ken Bentley, all of Big Finish, about the character of Del Grant and bringing him back for the Liberator Chronicles audios.

Many who have been on the Forum for some time will know of the grass-roots movement a dozen of us made to Big Finish to bring the character back. It worked, worked so well we got Armageddon Storm out of it.

I have proposed to these gentlemen, and on the Big Finish Forum that perhaps some writer would take up the mantle so to speak and write a sort of 'triangle' story about Del, Anna and Avon at some point. There is a story potential there somewhere and all we need is someone like Caven Scott or Mark Wright to bring it to fruition.

I am holding back a bit of information given to me by David Richardson, when I met him last year at Dimension's con. Let me just say that things are looking up in the ongoing Blake's 7 saga and I am absolutely thrilled about it.

And as for Brad's post above... our love of the characters from Blake's 7 prompted us nearly 30 years ago to start writing fan fiction. First Brad and then me- wrote and then added on to his story all because we could not give up our favorite characters and wanted a continuation of them for our entertainment. That is when Brad wrote his post-Gauda Prime story, "Hunters and Prey" in Horizon #17 about Avon and Vila surviving GP, and teaming up with Del Grant and Jenna (yes, we never thought Blake was right saying she was dead) and having them continue to fight the Federation. His 230 pages and my 175 pages (so far) are testament to the fact that we still are interested in these unique and flawed characters and want more. So hear us, Big Finish. You have not even scratched the surface of our universe- yet. <grin> -Paula

Totally second that. Except I don't have a copy of Horizon Issue 17, but I'd certainly like to get one, one day(when SC or whoever handles the Horizon merchandise these days is able to take orders again).

Travisina
Spaceresearcher wrote:

BradPaula wrote:

Spaceresearcher wrote:

Totally second that. Except I don't have a copy of Horizon Issue 17, but I'd certainly like to get one, one day(when SC or whoever handles the Horizon merchandise these days is able to take orders again).

While we're still in the process of getting the site rebuilt (you have no idea how much is being done behind the scenes) you can always PM the SC with requests for the fiction zines, photos, Technical Manuals, back issues of the Newsletter etc.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Spaceresearcher
Thanks for the status update Travisina. I've been waiting for a public announcement as my last emails etc didn't seem to get through or were not replied to, so I figured that things must just be too busy in SC's life at the moment. So I've been waiting for a response before proceeding, not wanting to pester her. I'll refrain from any forum exclamations too if that assists.

I appreciate your hard work by the way Travisina. Thank you.

Vanessa Doffenshmirtz
florent.bouchez.free.fr/discworld/images/twoflower.png

Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

I used to be such a sweet sweet thing
Till they got a hold of me.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.52 seconds
9,829,496 unique visits since 8th January 2014