Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Your favourite?
Terry Nation Terry Nation 57%[4 Votes]
Chris Boucher Chris Boucher 43%[3 Votes]
Total Votes : 7
 Print Thread
ok a tricky one here, Terry Nation versus Chris Boucher
sooper mouse
While we wouldn't have Blake's 7 without Terry Nation, an argument can be made that Chris Boucher was crucial in how the show evolved- and it's likely that without him Blake's 7 wouldn't have been as brilliant.

So... without further ado
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

trevor travis
We need a BOTH option Wink

Blake's 7 wouldn't have been the same without either of them.

sooper mouse
trevor travis wrote:

We need a BOTH option Wink

Blake's 7 wouldn't have been the same without either of them.

pffffff, that would be too easy.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

JustBrad
Tricky indeed. If we're talking stories, rather than world, which TN created, then I would go with Chris Boucher.

sooper mouse
JustBrad wrote:

Tricky indeed. If we're talking stories, rather than world, which TN created, then I would go with Chris Boucher.

my point exactly.

rojkerr1
Boucher. The series wouldn't have been the way it was without him, as a writer and script editing others scripts throughout the series, and Blake, Terry was critical of him for writing that episode in the way he did. Blakes 7 would have been yet another unresolved series without that story, left hanging as it were.

sooper mouse
rojkerr1 wrote:

Boucher. The series wouldn't have been the way it was without him, as a writer and script editing others scripts throughout the series, and Blake, Terry was critical of him for writing that episode in the way he did. Blakes 7 would have been yet another unresolved series without that story, left hanging as it were.

Arguably Boucher wrote the best episodes. While Terry Nation created the world and the characters, it would have never gotten that far without Boucher's stories. Also, Star One, Rumors, Deathwatch.

rojkerr1
I think Terry once commented he didn't recognise some of his scripts after Boucher had tightened them up. Don't forget City and Rescue. Deathwatch was a last minute replacement, still a good story but borrows heavily from the Dueling Machine by Ben Bova.

sooper mouse
rojkerr1 wrote:

I think Terry once commented he didn't recognise some of his scripts after Boucher had tightened them up. Don't forget City and Rescue. Deathwatch was a last minute replacement, still a good story but borrows heavily from the Dueling Machine by Ben Bova.

Terry dreamed the world into existence and Boucher made it alive and vibrant and unique

Anniew
I absolutely love Chris Boucher's contributions but Terry Nation wrote The Way Back which contains all the elements that Boucher developed so my vote is for Mr Nation. Blakes7 is his creation.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Child Of Auron
Wow, what a tough choice.

Terry Nation created Blake's 7, it was his imagination of the characters and the galaxy under the rule of the tyrannical Federation which got the programme off the ground. So I feel I should vote for him...

But

Chris Boucher was the one who took Terry's idea and developed it further, he was the production constant throughout all 52 episodes and wrote a lot of my favourite stories (Shadow, Star One, City, Rescue, Blake) but ironically it is a TN penned story which is my fave of them all. Further minus points to CB in that as script editor he, perhaps, should have greater control in making characters consistent in their actions and behaviours.

Therefore, in the end I think I will go for Terry Nation - just! It was his creation, if he didn't have that idea then none of us here would even be debating this topic

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.48 seconds
9,114,733 unique visits since 8th January 2014