Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 2

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 908
· Newest Rebel: TheElfandherFriends

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Berlin Market attack 19/12/16
sooper mouse
Regardless what anyone might believe with regards to the "refugee crisis"- these things are abhorrent. Let's hope 2017 will be less bloody. Not looking for a political discussion just... angry and sad and kinda out of my head. A close friend's brother died in the Nice attack last summer.

I don't pray, but maybe those with a better relation with the powers that be might want to consider mentioning these poor victims...

http://www.telegr...-know-far/
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Anniew
It is horrific. I suppose that those that have been subject to extreme violence from childhood through war or terrorism are densentised to the horror of what they do. But how can we not all wish for a more peaceful, kinder and loving 2017? I hope fervently that the tragedy hasn't touched any of our German friends personally while extending my heartfelt sorrow to those that suffered in this latest atrocity.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

sooper mouse
Anniew wrote:

It is horrific. I suppose that those that have been subject to extreme violence from childhood through war or terrorism are densentised to the horror of what they do. But how can we not all wish for a more peaceful, kinder and loving 2017? I hope fervently that the tragedy hasn't touched any of our German friends personally while extending my heartfelt sorrow to those that suffered in this latest atrocity.

in my experience it doesn't desensitize, maybe it does for those who start getting it younger than I was at 14. But this is not the place for that discussion.

Hope everyone is OK and safe. Let's hope it's the last for a long while.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

BradPaula
We live in dangerous times, especially this year. I pray for the victims and I ask the powers that be to stop all this nonsense but I am only once voice.

What made it even worse was the gunning down of the Russian ambassador to Turkey in the same afternoon. And on video! And now with a very abrupt change of politics world-wide I really worry for the fate of the inhabitants of this little green planet. We have the power to change things, if only we unite. But in the mean time, we grieve and pray.

sooper mouse
BradPaula wrote:

We live in dangerous times, especially this year. I pray for the victims and I ask the powers that be to stop all this nonsense but I am only once voice.

What made it even worse was the gunning down of the Russian ambassador to Turkey in the same afternoon. And on video! And now with a very abrupt change of politics world-wide I really worry for the fate of the inhabitants of this little green planet. We have the power to change things, if only we unite. But in the mean time, we grieve and pray.

there was also an attack in Zurich...

President Solvite
It has always been so I'm afraid, in the age of 24 hour media and constant information bombardment we just tend to be more informed of events.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
sooper mouse
President Solvite wrote:

It has always been so I'm afraid, in the age of 24 hour media and constant information bombardment we just tend to be more informed of events.

actually, it wasn't always like this. the world was a lot safer at least in the west until about 5 years ago or less

Hugbot
While we live in 'interesting times', I would not like to swap our days with the 'good old days' 100 years ago.
At that time, Europeans happily took arms against each other out of sheer nationalism. Today, we meet as friends. We have come a long way in the last 100 years. There is progress. As John Cedars put it, 'Humanity is a shared project, and like all projects, there are setbacks. But it is ours.'
Attacks like these will be with us for a long time, I fear. But we will progress.

President Solvite
Safe for who?

I disagree its just publicised more. But speaking as someone who lived in a military town during the 70's and 80's we were well aware of IRA risks. and of course ETA, The Red Brigade and of course Irish *cough* loyalists to name just a few of the extremists elsewhere on mainland Europe.

Remember Lockable, Dunblane, Hungerford , indeed bombings and shootings in Northern Ireland and indeed London??

Elsewhere in the world you had all kinds of conflicts in Europe, Central and South America, the middle east. All over Africa and of course the constant threat with the cold war etc.. etc.. etc..

Of course recent events are a tragedy and I of course condemn any extreme act. But one thing it isn't, a new phenomenon or such activity at an increased level. Just as I said it's more publicised in the 24/7 internet society.

I am not going to get in any politicised debate. But it remains a fact that this kind of thing has always happened and will happen as long as hatred is allowed to fester.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Anniew
Your hope is very cheering Hugbot. I'm so sorry your country is suffering from its humane open door policy to immigration- it's setting an example to us all with its refusal to give in to hatred.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Hugbot
Thank you, Annie.
The mayor of Berlin said, 'We cannot and we must not respond to hatred with hatred.'
According to the news, the inhabitants of Berlin are 'maximally unperturbed'. Horrible things happen, but life goes on.
There are only two things that we have to fight now: hatred and fear.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.45 seconds
9,102,363 unique visits since 8th January 2014