Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 7

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Paul Darrow in Guards ! Guards!
sooper mouse
So, the show is on youtube, and Paul D gives an awesome performance

https://www.youtu..._LueUJ05XU

and the delightful finale

https://www.youtu...L2nfPUEJvE

enjoy!
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

rojkerr1
I saw this in Hull, and the locked Prison door creaked slowly open behind him...

rojkerr1
polishing my helmet...?

Anniew
Hooray!!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

sooper mouse
Anniew wrote:

Hooray!!

So that's why I couldn't find the vulnerables!!
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Travisina
Terry Pratchett's brilliant dialogue performed by Paul Darrow - bliss!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

sooper mouse
Travisina wrote:

wish someone released it on DVD tho

Angry Angel
Travisina wrote:

Yes! I'm sure I saw this with you, where was it?

http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
sooper mouse
well it's nice to see he finally got to play Dirty Harry isn't it?

Travisina
Angry Angel wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Yes! I'm sure I saw this with you, where was it?

I wish I could remember! I've been racking my brains. Probably not Manchester, as we were living down south by then. It was a Horizon group theatre outing, and the Supreme Commander brought along the cardboard cutout of Paul that we had at Deliverance '98 for him to admire/autograph. But darned if I can remember where we saw it!

rojkerr1
It was during the recording of Logic of Empire that he was offered the part, and he asked, "does anyone know anything about Terry Pratchett...?" and I sort of put my hand up. And he said, "what's Sam Vimes like in Guards Guards? I've been offered it.! And I said," he's a combination of Bogart and Dirty Harry, with the best lines of each..." and he grinned...wolfishly!

sooper mouse
rojkerr1 wrote:

It was during the recording of Logic of Empire that he was offered the part, and he asked, "does anyone know anything about Terry Pratchett...?" and I sort of put my hand up. And he said, "what's Sam Vimes like in Guards Guards? I've been offered it.! And I said," he's a combination of Bogart and Dirty Harry, with the best lines of each..." and he grinned...wolfishly!

that explains why he's so happy to play it. We owe you thanks, his performance is delightful

rojkerr1
aww, that's nice Sooper, ta. I can't believe I put my hand up, like a kid in school, suppose I was overawed...
I saw him on stage in Crewe when I was a student, in JB Priestleys 'I have been here before.' He was wonderful in that too!
Great deja vu timeslip piece, one of Priestleys predilictions

Anniew
Oh I saw him in that play too Rojkerr, in Horsham. He was great. Wish I'd had the courage to hang about the stage door and ask for an autograph but I was far too star struck.

Angry Angel
Travisina, it was somewhere in the north of London I think, your neck of the woods in other words. Anniew - Horsham? I never knew it played so close to us.

Anniew
Angry Angel Not Guards Guards but the JB Priestly play that Rojkerr mentioned. I booked tickets and fantasised for a week about bumping into Paul in the theatre car park. Hadn't the courage to queue up at the stagedoor - or probably was ashamed in those days to admit I was such a huge fan. Ah the pride of youth! Life does get easier as you get older and stop worrying what other people think of you!!

Travisina
@Angry Angel - mystery solved! I asked the Supreme Commander, who remembered that we saw Guards, Guards at the Hackney Empire. Phew!

rojkerr1
Snap! Anniew... fascinating play too

Angry Angel
Anniew wrote:

Angry Angel Not Guards Guards but the JB Priestly play that Rojkerr mentioned. I booked tickets and fantasised for a week about bumping into Paul in the theatre car park. Hadn't the courage to queue up at the stagedoor - or probably was ashamed in those days to admit I was such a huge fan. Ah the pride of youth! Life does get easier as you get older and stop worrying what other people think of you!!

Ah, thanks Anniew, that makes sense. Can you remember how long ago it was?

Angry Angel
Travisina wrote:

@Angry Angel - mystery solved! I asked the Supreme Commander, who remembered that we saw Guards, Guards at the Hackney Empire. Phew!

I'll have to take her word for it! My memory is obviously fairly shaky, more east London than north.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.43 seconds
9,874,354 unique visits since 8th January 2014