Login

Username

Password



Not a rebel yet?
CLICK HERE to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Which caracter's origin story would you want to see most
Avon Avon 38%[5 Votes]
Vila Vila 15%[2 Votes]
Jenna Jenna 0%[0 Votes]
Tarrant Tarrant 0%[0 Votes]
Soolin Soolin 15%[2 Votes]
Servalan Servalan 0%[0 Votes]
Travis Travis 8%[1 Vote]
Gan Gan 8%[1 Vote]
Del Grant Del Grant 0%[0 Votes]
Avalon Avalon 0%[0 Votes]
Trooper Parr Trooper Parr 15%[2 Votes]
Bek Bek 0%[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 13
 Print Thread
Most wanted origin story
sooper mouse
OK, so...
imagine the Nation estate gives permission for one canon pre-quel for Blake's 7.
One non Blake character gets their canon origin story made
Which one would you rather see?

Please argue your choice. I know many of us would love a bit more context, TWB style.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
Anniew
Well obviously Avon because he's a bit of a mystery...it's difficult to square all the things we know about him - past history with brother; origins - is he an Alpha?; how and why he got into crime; how he met Anna- so many questions.... but I didn't vote for him because I've explored that a bit. But I'm always fascinated by any fics that go into Soolin's past and in particular how and why she stayed with Dorian and Kissed the creep. Also why she was so keen to save Zeeona from her Dad. And did she and Avon have a 'thing'?
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.
 
sooper mouse
Anniew wrote:

Well obviously Avon because he's a bit of a mystery...it's difficult to square all the things we know about him - past history with brother; origins - is he an Alpha?; how and why he got into crime; how he met Anna- so many questions.... but I didn't vote for him because I've explored that a bit. But I'm always fascinated by any fics that go into Soolin's past and in particular how and why she stayed with Dorian and Kissed the creep. Also why she was so keen to save Zeeona from her Dad. And did she and Avon have a 'thing'?


Soolin and Avon have something deep in common, they are both survivors. Survivors at all costs.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
rojkerr1
Parr, a man who was loyal to Travis, deserves some fleshing out, touched on it in my own Prelude story for Kane. Interesting characterisation, by the man that was a REP artiste with Julie Walters
 
sooper mouse
rojkerr1 wrote:

Parr, a man who was loyal to Travis, deserves some fleshing out, touched on it in my own Prelude story for Kane. Interesting characterisation, by the man that was a REP artiste with Julie Walters


A "Life in the Federation Starfleet" series , which would prolly provide some good stuff on Travis as well.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
President Solvite
With you there Rojkerr, Trooper Parr or Officer Rai perhaps (why isn't he listed?) Whilst Parr follows his orders Rai does seem to have some kind of moral backbone in his questioning of Travis reinstatement of a field command.

This could tie in with Servalan too, but to be honest I'd rather see things from a rank and file perspective than a privileged elite.

This perhaps relates to a thread I have started elsewhere, so my vote would be anyone except major crew members, Travis and Servalan
 
http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
sooper mouse
President Solvite wrote:

With you there Rojkerr, Trooper Parr or Officer Rai perhaps (why isn't he listed?)


Cause I had to have an equal number of characters I like and dislike otherwise my head wouldn't like it
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
rojkerr1
when you're up to your neck in slime and lasers, that's everything...
 
sooper mouse
rojkerr1 wrote:

when you're up to your neck in slime and lasers, that's everything...


Laser wouldn't have much effect on slime tho.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
mrsbookmark
I picked Vila from the list but actually, I would love an origin story about Hal Mellenby (other than my own fanfic musings) or Tyce. I'd love to know what happens to Tyce.
 
Anniew
Yes I'd love to learn more about Vila.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.
 
Angry Angel
mrsbookmark wrote:

I picked Vila from the list but actually, I would love an origin story about Hal Mellenby (other than my own fanfic musings) or Tyce. I'd love to know what happens to Tyce.


I picked Vila too, but that's a good call about Hal. Would be good for an audio, if Josette doesn't want to do them we could still have a baby Dayna!
 
http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/
wall1885
I picked Travis - I want to know what made him such a b#st@rd
 
sooper mouse
wall1885 wrote:

I picked Travis - I want to know what made him such a b#st@rd


well I don't know about you but if someone took off my arm and eye, I'd hunt him down all over the galaxy too.

But Travis was a bastard before.
Travis reminds me of the secret police fanatics in communist Romania. They served the system so they had power of life and death over the people who didn't, and they got to do it more and indulge their most base instincts. Torture, murder... and worse.
It creates a form of addiction- the system allows them the sick pleasure to kill (HT Mile Petrozza) and hurt others, so they become enthralled to it.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
dragonq
I picked GAN mainly because he the most underwritten character.
 
sooper mouse
no votes for Del Grant?
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
Anniew
I think the most likely back story for Del is that he was imprinted with false memories about his past and his sister... though since Avon has been imprisoned for the fraud it does beg the question how and when Del got to see Avon and threaten to kill him.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.
 
sooper mouse
Anniew wrote:

I think the most likely back story for Del is that he was imprinted with false memories about his past and his sister... though since Avon has been imprisoned for the fraud it does beg the question how and when Del got to see Avon and threaten to kill him.

that would mean Avon was imprinted with the same.
Or that Anna disappeared from everywhere, after all Chescu knows her as Sula. There has to have been a Romanian involved in the naming. There is a dirty joke in these names that I can't explain here lest I get the wrath of the mods down on my poor blue head.
Anna disappeared and maybe Del visited Avon in prison?
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
BradPaula
sooper mouse wrote:

no votes for Del Grant?


Luckily Del Grant has been fleshed out quite well as a character by Big Finish. Good thing, Cavan Scott, David Richardson and I are fans of the character and that I had the pluck to go up to David Richardson (and writer Mark Wright) and strike up a conversation about Grant at a con. Just looked what it produced audio wise! I'm humbled by two mentions of me by David on the liner notes and a mention by Cavan and Tom Chadbon in one of the extras at the end of an audio. Talk about dying a happy fan, wow!
 
sooper mouse
BradPaula wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

no votes for Del Grant?


Luckily Del Grant has been fleshed out quite well as a character by Big Finish. Good thing, Cavan Scott, David Richardson and I are fans of the character and that I had the pluck to go up to David Richardson (and writer Mark Wright) and strike up a conversation about Grant at a con. Just looked what it produced audio wise! I'm humbled by two mentions of me by David on the liner notes and a mention by Cavan and Tom Chadbon in one of the extras at the end of an audio. Talk about dying a happy fan, wow!


so we have you to blame for that Pfft
Del Grant is an awesome character tbh.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.
 
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.69 seconds
9,180,663 unique visits since 8th January 2014