Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 1
bob79519

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Random Rewatch - D13 Blake
trevor travis
The episode: Derek Thirteen - Blake
The date: Tuesday, December 20th, 2016
The time: 7.45pm UK time

Random Rewatch - No 49

IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which means Top Of The Pops, the Queen, the Two Ronnies, Only Fools & Horses and, of course, the final episode of Blake's 7!

JustBrad
On Scorpio thereís lots of tension
On the subject of Blake thereís dissension.
After Tarrantís crash landing, though Avonís still standing,
I donít think heíll collect his pension.

Lurena
JustBrad wrote:

On Scorpio thereís lots of tension
On the subject of Blake thereís dissension.
After Tarrantís crash landing, though Avonís still standing,
I donít think heíll collect his pension.

Again: brilliant Brad!
Lara&Sue's Blake's 7 stories
*No, I am not. I am not expendable, I'm not stupid, and I'm not going.*

http://lectorisalutem.webs.com/
sweevo
This year marks the 35th anniversary of this infamous final episode... and it's going to hurt.

sooper mouse
sweevo wrote:

This year marks the 35th anniversary of this infamous final episode... and it's going to hurt.

it never stopped hurting
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Travisina
sooper mouse wrote:

sweevo wrote:

it never stopped hurting

Indeed.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

sooper mouse
Travisina wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

sweevo wrote:

it never stopped hurting

Indeed.

I first saw it in 84, on Bulgarian TV. According to my mother it was the first and only time I had an autistic temper tantrum(I was 9).
Apparently I took a screwdriver and dismantled the radio. A big boxy German Phillips. By the time my parents noticed, I was crying and screaming and taking the poor radio apart down to the valves an screws.
Man, the beating I got... I actually refused to rewatch it until earlier this year.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

sweevo
Wait, wait... a beating!? If that's a joke, then it's in really poor taste. Are you serious!?

sooper mouse
sweevo wrote:

Wait, wait... a beating!? If that's a joke, then it's in really poor taste. Are you serious!?

Not a joke, sorry.
Romania was not a civilized country at the time, neither is it one today. Children were the parents' property to do as they wished. Nobody knew any better.

That being said, later on I managed to rebuild the radio using the schematic it had inside, so there's that.

I apologize if this is disturbing.

sweevo
What the fu... no, I won't say it. It's... given me more fuel to fight back. I can't stand people who treat their own children like... possessions (no offence)... just... change the topic before I go ape.

sooper mouse
sweevo wrote:

What the fu... no, I won't say it. It's... given me more fuel to fight back. I can't stand people who treat their own children like... possessions (no offence)... just... change the topic before I go ape.

come on mate, anything is better than remembering who killed who and why.
Edited by sooper mouse on 14 December 2016 18:21:16

sweevo
True. Very true.

JustBrad
B7 was first aired in the Chicago area in 1986. Paula and I were both hooked immediately and started scrounging book stores for anything Blake related (no Internet in those days). As a result, we were spoiled with the ending well in advance.

Meanwhile, I had been taping the episodes and taking them to work, where I got two coworkers hooked. One, it turns out, had seen episode 52 out of context, and after seeing Episodes 1 and 2, wanted to see how things got from The Way Black, to Blake, and where and how it all went wrong.

The other had no clue. Blake aired on a Sunday night. The unknowing coworker came in to find myself and the other coworker standing at the counter. Every Monday it had been our want to gather together to discuss the previous episode.

He took one look at us, his gaze fell, his shoulder sagged. He looked up through his eyebrows and said, "Did you know? Did you get me hooked on this, knowing how it would end?"

We both affirmed that we did.

He drew himself up and cried loud enough to startle the manager out of his office, "You Illegitimate Offspring!" or words to that effect.

sooper mouse
JustBrad wrote:

B7 was first aired in the Chicago area in 1986. Paula and I were both hooked immediately and started scrounging book stores for anything Blake related (no Internet in those days). As a result, we were spoiled with the ending well in advance.

Meanwhile, I had been taping the episodes and taking them to work, where I got two coworkers hooked. One, it turns out, had seen episode 52 out of context, and after seeing Episodes 1 and 2, wanted to see how things got from The Way Black, to Blake, and where and how it all went wrong.

The other had no clue. Blake aired on a Sunday night. The unknowing coworker came in to find myself and the other coworker standing at the counter. Every Monday it had been our want to gather together to discuss the previous episode.

He took one look at us, his gaze fell, his shoulder sagged. He looked up through his eyebrows and said, "Did you know? Did you get me hooked on this, knowing how it would end?"

We both affirmed that we did.

He drew himself up and cried loud enough to startle the manager out of his office, "You Illegitimate Offspring!" or words to that effect.

I used to watch it on Saturday and Sunday at noon, on, as I said, Bulgarian TV.
It was supposed to be a children programme.

Jesus.
Watching it dubbed in Bulgarian made it worse.
The actor who did the voice decided Avon would say "Have you... betrayed... me?" sobbing
I don't know what is worse- the sob or Paul Darrow's pain.

But it was so bad I avoided rewatching it for 32 years because if I didn't watch it again it meant it never happened.
I'm going to need an awful lot of comfort food next Tuesday

sooper mouse
ok so seriously this is going to be hard.
like, the actual thought of watching it makes my eyes wet.

sweevo
I think I'm going to break out the booze for this one, if only to dull the pain.

sooper mouse
sweevo wrote:

I think I'm going to break out the booze for this one, if only to dull the pain.

this is going to be Ian's first time seeing it so... yeah there will be booze and chocolate and tissues.

Travisina
sooper mouse wrote:

sweevo wrote:

this is going to be Ian's first time seeing it so... yeah there will be booze and chocolate and tissues.

Does he know what happens, or will it be a shock? I mean, it's always shocking, but the first time is the worst if you're not expecting it!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

President Solvite
Aha the beautiful Blake's 7 Xmas Special, at least B7 went out with a bang rather than a whimper but then it is renowned for grand season finales.. Something many more modern series have adopted.

GT did demand some extra guts and stuff to put in the effect, Vere was notably shocked when he saw the scene but credit to him and Mary Ridge to let it stay and this rather grim finale is memorable even with non fans today.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
sooper mouse
Travisina wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

sweevo wrote:

Does he know what happens, or will it be a shock? I mean, it's always shocking, but the first time is the worst if you're not expecting it!

He knows Blake dies but he. Clings onto the hope it's the clone.
Already broke my best friend's heart by not telling him, I won't do it to Ian, he's too valuable

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.52 seconds
9,177,176 unique visits since 8th January 2014