Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 3

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Random Rewatch - D13 Blake
sooper mouse
Travisina wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Ian hugging the cat repeating "It wasn't the real Blake, it wasn't the real Blake, it wasn't the real Blake"

It wasn't.
Avon's alive.
The others were only stunned.

There, fixed it for you. Merry Christmas!

you and the Valium.
Ian's falling asleep so that's good.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

trevor travis
I've decided to read some Red Dwarf transcripts to cheer myself up:

HOLLY: They're dead, Dave.
LISTER: Who is?
HOLLY: Everybody, Dave.
LISTER: What, Blake?
HOLLY: Everybody's dead, Dave.
LISTER: What, Avon?
HOLLY: Everybody's dead, Dave.
LISTER: What, Dayna?
HOLLY: They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.
LISTER: Tarrant isn't, is he?
HOLLY: Everybody is *dead*, Dave.
LISTER: Not Soolin?
HOLLY: Gordon Bennett! Yes! Chen, everybody. Everybody's dead, Dave.
LISTER: Vila?
HOLLY: He's dead, Dave. Everybody's dead. Everybody is dead, Dave!
LISTER: Wait. Are you trying to tell me everybody's dead?

It's not working Wink

Travisina
Why not cheer yourself up by rewatching the last episode of 'Blackadder Goes Forth'? Blackadder's good for a laugh.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

sooper mouse
Travisina wrote:

Why not cheer yourself up by rewatching the last episode of 'Blackadder Goes Forth'? Blackadder's good for a laugh.

i can't. I don't really get British humour.
But I'll use the earlier suggestion and watch TWB. Luckily Ian fell asleep. Poor Ian
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Travisina
sooper mouse wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I was being ironic! Spoiler alert: The final ep of the fourth series of Blackadder has a B7 ending...

But I'll use the earlier suggestion and watch TWB. Luckily Ian fell asleep. Poor Ian

Yeah, it's traumatic.

sooper mouse
Travisina wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Travisina wrote:

I was being ironic! Spoiler alert: The final ep of the fourth series of Blackadder has a B7 ending...

Yeah, it's traumatic.

well i feel like when i first saw it. Trying to think of something i could take apart to calm down but all of my tech here is too expensive for that. Blah
Jesus Jenna surely is comin onto Blake in TWB lol

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!!

Aaaaah, that would remind me of Terminal Grin

sooper mouse
do what Brad said, restart watching TWB
i'm on spacefall now, and all is right

Anniew
OK, there's only 5 minutes to go... and we're still mid-story... this must come to a sudden stop!!

That's exactly what I felt when I watched it the first time...

The Gauda woods ... weren't they Ripley Common Surrey?! Somewhere near there.

Oh goodness.. reading your comments brings it all back... Gareth giving the performance of his life...Deva and Mrs D...Tarrant sympathetic for once...Vila...Oh poor Vila a hero at the end...and that last smile of Avon's...the only thing that stopped me from sobbing myself to sleep - the purpose in it and the sense that whoever else might die, he never would...

Thank you all for those witty comments...they also make things more bearable.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

sooper mouse
Anniew wrote:

OK, there's only 5 minutes to go... and we're still mid-story... this must come to a sudden stop!!

That's exactly what I felt when I watched it the first time...

The Gauda woods ... weren't they Ripley Common Surrey?! Somewhere near there.

Oh goodness.. reading your comments brings it all back... Gareth giving the performance of his life...Deva and Mrs D...Tarrant sympathetic for once...Vila...Oh poor Vila a hero at the end...and that last smile of Avon's...the only thing that stopped me from sobbing myself to sleep - the purpose in it and the sense that whoever else might die, he never would...

Thank you all for those witty comments...they also make things more bearable.

Avon is OK.

Hugbot
sooper mouse wrote:

i'm on spacefall now, and all is right

Poor Nova ... sob ... Sad

trevor travis
sooper mouse wrote:

Even more people die in The Way Back than Blake, plus Blake has far more humour in it. The Way Back is a fabulous piece of television, but apart from the inclusion of Vila, it's grim from beginning to end.

I think City would be my own personal antidote to Blake.
Edited by trevor travis on 21 December 2016 09:17:23

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

That and Gambit are my go-to eps when I need cheering up!

sooper mouse
trevor travis wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Even more people die in The Way Back than Blake, plus Blake has far more humour in it. The Way Back is a fabulous piece of television, but apart from the inclusion of Vila, it's grim from beginning to end.

oh they do, but nobody I care about does.
And TWB is always a trip- it's the expectation that goes up to 11 on its way to space fall and mardyface showing up

sweevo
Sorry I didn't say anything during the rewatch, I had a little too much to drink (took a shot every time Blake's name was mentioned and two every time Gauda Prime was mentioned... three if you count each time Blake was shot by Avon). Did I miss anything in my slightly inebriated state?

sooper mouse
Ian makes the following case:

"That couldn't have possibly been the real Blake, because that bloke is an eejit. Only an eejit would've put Arlen on guard when he just recruited her.
Also obviously Deva's systems don't work because he didn't catch Arlen.
Also if Soolin's so smart how come she puts Vila on Guard? that's stupid"

Therefore:
1. That's a clone
2. Blake is somewhere with Del Grant because Del Grant would be a very useful ally once he's lost Avon. Blake needs all the help he can get.
3. Blake and Del Grant and Avon will live happily ever after and everyone else is an idiot who's better off dead

Hugbot
Sorry to squash your hopes, but:

sooper mouse wrote:

That couldn't have possibly been the real Blake, because that bloke is an eejit.

Ummm .... on the contrary, that is perfect proof that 'that bloke' is the real Blake. Pfft

Blake is somewhere with Del Grant because Del Grant would be a very useful ally once he's lost Avon. Blake needs all the help he can get.

Blake may need Del Grant ... but Del Grant definitely doesn't need Blake!

sooper mouse
Hugbot wrote:

Sorry to squash your hopes, but:

sooper mouse wrote:

That couldn't have possibly been the real Blake, because that bloke is an eejit.

Ummm .... on the contrary, that is perfect proof that 'that bloke' is the real Blake. Pfft

Ian needs to believe Blake is not a total eejit. Early days

Blake is somewhere with Del Grant because Del Grant would be a very useful ally once he's lost Avon. Blake needs all the help he can get.

Blake may need Del Grant ... but Del Grant definitely doesn't need Blake!

yeah well, maybe Ian likes the idea of a Del Grant/Blake/Avon relationship ( so I don't stir up the anger of the mods)

That being said, the whole series is so wonderfully weird written and ambiguous that probably with the exception of Gan I could interpret each and everyone of the main characters (who aren't Avon) as being evil, malicious, cruel or just plain stupid and a bad influence on Blake.

Which is why we're all sitting here 35 years later still talking about it
Edited by sooper mouse on 26 December 2016 15:05:11

trevor travis
Hugbot wrote:
sooper mouse wrote:

Grin Grin

If Blake had come along and acted sensibly in "Blake", and had a good plan, THEN I'd be saying "It's A Clone!!!!" Wink

sooper mouse
trevor travis wrote:

Hugbot wrote:
sooper mouse wrote:

Grin Grin

If Blake had come along and acted sensibly in "Blake", and had a good plan, THEN I'd be saying "It's A Clone!!!!" Wink

that was my judgement tbh. We already know the Blake clone is actually significantly more sensible than the real Blake.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.46 seconds
9,177,928 unique visits since 8th January 2014