Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Soolin
Spaceresearcher
A bit of a gun for hire with loyalties I never trusted. Soolin made Season 4 all the more interesting because of her unknown loyalty issues.

Grade Four Ignorant
She was there and she kept Cally's seat warm. That's all you can say, really.

JustBrad
Soolin developed some interesting byplay with Avon late in the series. I'm particularly thinking of Warlord. As lady gunslingers go, I prefer her to Dayna. At least Soolin didn't spend two whole seasons failing to even get a shot off at Servalan.

BradPaula
I realize Soolin was a replacement for Cally, but after all that, she came into her own and seemed to work well with Avon (Gold). We even got a bit of back story about her in Blake. I particularly think of her in Assassin, where she susses out exactly who is killing people on the ship. As Brad said in his above post, I prefer Soolin to Dayna also. There is so much potential there and to me Dayna seemed to be a one trick pony, eager to destroy and always gunning for Servalan but for some unknown reason, never actually kills her. -Paula
Zil: Oneness must resist the Host.

Grade Four Ignorant
Soolin doesn't get a lot to do in Rescue and is almost completely absent from Power. The first half of the season struggles with her being given lines meant for Cally and Dayna. She gets some nice quips and moments in Headhunter and Assassin, but by the time we get a bit of a look-in on her past and in Blake, it all seems a little too late.

JustBrad
Grade Four Ignorant wrote:

Soolin doesn't get a lot to do in Rescue and is almost completely absent from Power. The first half of the season struggles with her being given lines meant for Cally and Dayna. She gets some nice quips and moments in Headhunter and Assassin, but by the time we get a bit of a look-in on her past and in Blake, it all seems a little too late.

That could be said of the entire fourth season. We had reached a stopping point at Terminal (note the name).
When the decision was made to renew the series, the writers had a ton of work to do.

Get rescued.
Replace Cally.
Get a ship.
Give it a teleport.
Make the ship fast.
Bring back Servalan...

And NOW we can actually start telling our story.

meegat39
JustBrad wrote:

That could be said of the entire fourth season. We had reached a stopping point at Terminal (note the name).
When the decision was made to renew the series, the writers had a ton of work to do.

Get rescued.
Replace Cally.
Get a ship.
Give it a teleport.
Make the ship fast.
Bring back Servalan...

And NOW we can actually start telling our story.

Yes that's a very good point. And I for one think they did it very well. After all, they couldn't have another Liberator! I love season D...
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

Spaceresearcher
Season D, 4, the last season? etc was terrific. The models were also of a higher calibre than previous seasons.

Spaceresearcher

She was there and she kept Cally's seat warm. That's all you can say, really.

LOL. You know I'd never thought of the character that way. Here I was thinking how mysterious Soolin was for the very reason that we really didn't know much about her.

For those who are interested there is a picture of Soolin naked on Google if you do a search for Soolin of Blakes 7 and click the images tab. (No I wasn't looking, it was simply right there for all to see).

JustBrad
If you are referring to stills from The Wicked Lady, that is known to be a body double. If you are referring to the stills, they are obvious fakes. Glynis had never done nude work.

Spaceresearcher
JustBrad wrote:

If you are referring to stills from The Wicked Lady, that is known to be a body double. If you are referring to the stills, they are obvious fakes. Glynis had never done nude work.

Frankly I'm not really fussed either way, there just out there.

trevor travis
Soolin is a top character. Due to the rush to get the early scripts in, she doesn't feature in those much, but from "Headhunter", she's terrific.

She's the star of "Assassin", where Tarrant and Avon are making a complete hash of things, she works things out and saves the day.

She also has great parts in "Gold", "Warlord" and "Blake". She comes up with a plan which saves Avon's backside (again!!) in "Warlord".

She's cool, collected, ready with a quick quip, and played by the dazzingly lovely Glynis Barber.

Maybe the best of the female crew members during the four seasons of B7. It's a great pity there wasn't a Season E, I'm sure Glynis would have been back, alongside Paul Darrow and Michael Keating.

Spaceship Dispatcher
trevor travis wrote:

Maybe the best of the female crew members during the four seasons of B7...

Full agreement with you there, having rewatched the middle episodes of s4 last year. The one thing I seriously hold against her character is the way she sides with Dayna against Vila in the final episode; Dayna is so obviously being spiteful and immature and Vila is one of the least offensive SF characters ever written and definately not deserving of the treatment he gets from them. But that social misjudgement aside, Soolin is my #1 female B7 regular.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Space Chopper
I had a big crush on Soolin/Glynis Barber back in the day, and loved her as a character also. As far as I'm concerned, she could do anything that Avon could do, but backwards in high heels.
funkyimg.com/i/2y558.jpg
Vila: "I plan to live forever- or die trying..."

peladon
Soolin? Very much 2D most of the time and very definitely a comic book boys fantasy cliche. She has a few good moments though, Warlord being the most notable. When she had any real character she was Avon like, though rather more amoral and less honest.

Not up to Jenna standards IMO but GB was pretty good when she got the chance.

JustBrad
peladon wrote:

Not up to Jenna standards IMO...

Nobody is.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

peladon wrote:

Nobody is.

I disagree. Soolin is a more rounded and interesting character than Jenna. Also, Jenna is mostly a bit useless, where Soolin can actually look after herself. And save Avon's sorry backside (in both "Assassin" and "Warlord" ).

Ellen York
trevor travis wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

peladon wrote:

Nobody is.

I disagree. Soolin is a more rounded and interesting character than Jenna. Also, Jenna is mostly a bit useless, where Soolin can actually look after herself. And save Avon's sorry backside (in both "Assassin" and "Warlord" ).

Soolin has grown on me and she and Avon did work well together. I love that she is the one that figured things out in Assassin. But we may have to agree to disagree about Jenna. A bit useless isn't the way I would describe the person who pulled the boys out of the fire in Pressure Point. How she pulled that off is a missing scene I would love to see

JustBrad
[url=http://www.blakes7online.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=204&pid=6668#post_6668][b]trevor travis

Well, one particular part of her is more rounded Shock

As for useless.... Let's have a starship race.

Or see who pulls her own bracelet off to save Blake's backside.

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:
As for useless.... Let's have a starship race.

No, let's see who's quickest on the draw. AngryGrin

Although I think Blake would be rather grumpy after Soolin shot Jenna dead, because he'd have to do all the cooking, cleaning and vacuuming himself. ShockSad

EDIT: Although I guess both are better than slightly dopey Tarrant (I hope Clarrant doesn't read this thread Grin )
Edited by trevor travis on 07 March 2014 09:18:34

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.56 seconds
9,138,748 unique visits since 8th January 2014