Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 17

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Del Tarrant
Travisina
JustBrad wrote:
He could be gallant, heroic, or self centered and arrogant. It is possible for one person to be all those things, but in Tarrant's case, it really depended on who wrote the script.

When I tell people that my favourite character is Vila, they sometimes reply that I mustn't like Tarrant because he bullied Vila. But what I really don't like is being told who I should or shouldn't like, and I do like Tarrant - just not as much as Vila Wink

What Brad said above is true - Tarrant is an interesting mix of characteristics. The inconsistent writing could even be seen as a good thing, because IMO it makes make him more human than if he always behaved in a particular, predictable way. I even get why he bullies Vila (who can be VERY irritating at times) - but at least Tarrant is decent enough to apologise afterwards (City) - unlike Avon (Orbit).
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
When I first watched the show I couldn't stand either Tarrant or Blake. Curly hair phobia perhaps. More likely it was that neither were presented as emotionally vulnerable and both clashed with the obviously emotionally vulnerable Avon. Both claimed the moral high ground- Tarrant more than Blake - which I disliked. And anyway, Avon was way cooler - bearing his scars with style not the dull medieval kit Blake affected or Tarrant's Little Boy Blue costumes.

Of course, now I'm older, I can see that Blake and Tarrant were both less self centred and more admirable than Avon- decent flawed people rather than self serving bastards. But I still love Avon best...it's just that now I acknowledge that he wouldn't have shone half as brightly - woukd probably have been rather a contemptible fraudster- without Blake and Tarrant's insistence that he did the right thing from time to time.
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

but at least Tarrant is decent enough to apologise afterwards (City) - unlike Avon (Orbit).

True that, but where Tarrant and Vila and even Blake will be held to task for their mis-steps and character flaws, Avon seems to get a 'Get Out Of Jail Free' card because he is... well... because he is Avon.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.23 seconds
9,836,351 unique visits since 8th January 2014