Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 10

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7 videogame?
sooper mouse
so let's say someone wanted to make a Blake's 7 videogame space adventure RPG
Would you be interested?

This is a serious question. I'm trying to make a pitch for one to my bosses.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

briggsy1
You work for a computer games developer sooper mouse? Wow, that's pretty cool!

sooper mouse
briggsy1 wrote:

You work for a computer games developer sooper mouse? Wow, that's pretty cool!

I work for a gaming startup. We have some cool stuff we're working on, and we got some new funding coming in so we're all supposed to pitch an idea.
I was thinking of a Blake's 7 game- you play as one of your favourite characters in a series of B7 themed adventures in space and fight the Federation.
The size of the fandom and the long life of the B7 universe is a huge plus factor.

So I'd appreciate any suggestions.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Joe Dredd
Sounds great!

You can see some of the previous B7 computer games and related programs here: Liberation thread

sooper mouse
Joe Dredd wrote:

Sounds great!

You can see some of the previous B7 computer games and related programs here: Liberation thread

Cool stuff thanks

sweevo
There's a type-in game for the ZX Spectrum known as "Ice Diamonds". Smile As for a full B7 game, that would be awesome (I work mainly on 8-bit and 16-bit machines from the 1970s and 1980s such as the C64 and Amiga, so the game would be limited to a simple digital 8-way joystick with one fire button, plus the keyboard and possibly the mouse).

sooper mouse
it would be a full RPG- you can play as your favourite character alongside the rest of the crew against the federation or other baddies, or play as a team as the whole crew or part of it.
i'm halfway through spec writing.

sooper mouse
well, the concept of this and the project plan got a go ahead- in January we will be starting on a demo to show our investors. With a bit of luck, by end of 2017 we'll have something out, at least a trailer.

bob79519
If this game is made, I look forward to playing it.

sooper mouse
well, my bosses like it enough to actually let me make a proper demo out of it- so hopefully...

bob79519
sooper mouse wrote:

well, my bosses like it enough to actually let me make a proper demo out of it- so hopefully...

Good to hear. Also, try to avoid continuity errors, I can't stand them. I can check for continuity errors if you want me to.

sooper mouse
bob79519 wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Good to hear. Also, try to avoid continuity errors, I can't stand them. I can check for continuity errors if you want me to.

in an ideal world, you'd get to play in a setting of your choice , one for each season, and as your favourite character alongside either the original cast or your friends playing as them.
that's how i want to do it but it depends on what approval we get and what money we can scrounge from our investors

Joe Dredd
sooper mouse wrote:

well, the concept of this and the project plan got a go ahead- in January we will be starting on a demo to show our investors. With a bit of luck, by end of 2017 we'll have something out, at least a trailer.

That's great sooper mouse. Are you actually pitching this as B7 or is it like the Crooked Dice figures which we know are B7 but are called something else? If something else, is this where we come in and suggest imaginative code names for our heroes?

sooper mouse
Joe Dredd wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

That's great sooper mouse. Are you actually pitching this as B7 or is it like the Crooked Dice figures which we know are B7 but are called something else? If something else, is this where we come in and suggest imaginative code names for our heroes?

well we want to do it as B7, we already wrote to the Nation estate about it.
Just early concept stage now, i will have to look for a concept designer after holidays to get some graphics done

Anniew
Sooper Mouse- how exciting!!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

helo_75
Hmmm. What platform will the game be on... are we talking smartphone/tablet ? Or are you going to be bold and go for next gen Console? I'm just dying for a vr liberator and such on the ps4, but I've more chance of watching george michael sing live me thinks....

sooper mouse
helo_75 wrote:

Hmmm. What platform will the game be on... are we talking smartphone/tablet ? Or are you going to be bold and go for next gen Console? I'm just dying for a vr liberator and such on the ps4, but I've more chance of watching george michael sing live me thinks....

PC master race!!

helo_75
sooper mouse wrote:

helo_75 wrote:

PC master race!!

Oh no... u can't do that.. please don't exclude us proper gamers..... would it help if I BEG?

President Solvite
That's a bit platform-ist Helo Grin Been a gamer for years and would always choose a PC as a platform over anything else. Saying that I do have consoles too, but majority of time is spent on my pc(s)

Consoles are basically just old PC hardware dedicated to play games... PC's are cutting edge chipset and resource wise. Don't get me wrong they're great but its a case of anything a console can do a PC can do in style. (provided you are reasonably up to date in hardware). Whilst circuit boards aren't the most environmentally friendly to dispose of, at least PCs are upgradable with average skills and tweakable to keep up with the technical race, whilst a console gathers dust when it falls off the 'development cliff of obsolescence'. If we get annoyed with the constantly changing standards of PC interfaces and buses etc, its worse with consoles.

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Asimov
I would like to see a video game where you can walk around the ship. Interact with Zen and beam down to different planets.
Perhaps be able to fire all weapons too.

I am in the process of re-building the Liberator in 3D. When I finish it you can use my model for your game if you want.
I am doing a very high poly model, but I can simplify it later for a game if needed.

i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/asimov500/Liberator%20New%20Build/libprofile.jpg

I used to have a game on the ZX spectrum where you could beam down to the surface and pick up crystals a long time ago.
Asimov
3D Artist
http://www.asimov...ises.co.uk
“You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering.”

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.47 seconds
9,188,996 unique visits since 8th January 2014