Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 1
Hugbot

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
So this Avon/Cally thing
dissentliveson
Eh...expecting one of the last survivors of a recently genocided telepath culture and an anti-social misanthropic computer hacker whose greed for the Liberator tricked him into becoming an unwilling rebel leader in place of Blake and just found out he got betrayed to show romance in standard ways is perhaps a bit much to ask.

Travisina
dissentliveson wrote:

Eh...expecting one of the last survivors of a recently genocided telepath culture and an anti-social misanthropic computer hacker whose greed for the Liberator tricked him into becoming an unwilling rebel leader in place of Blake and just found out he got betrayed to show romance in standard ways is perhaps a bit much to ask.

Beautifully summed up!

Welcome to the forum, by the way Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
Cally gets to tease Avon a bit and he doesn't kill her for it. And she's lovely when she's angry. Not a stretch to imagine a bit of recreational pleasure between the two. And why did she stay on Liberator? In the hope they'd find Blake or out of affection for him!( Avon). The fact she says the latter so angrily suggests some sort of connection -
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

sooper mouse
dissentliveson wrote:

Especially when there's no romance.
well most of the people who believe in the Avon/Cally thing Sarcophagus as their biggest argument.
Because outside of Sarcophagus, the interaction between Avon and Cally is "Cally gets possessed and hits on Avon/ Avon demands she be thrown off the ship" with the added bonus of "There's no one else" in Rumours said by Avon well in Cally's earshot...
I know Paul D said everyone was desperate for Avon to find a good woman ( or a bad one), but that's just ...
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

sooper mouse
Anniew wrote:

Cally gets to tease Avon a bit and he doesn't kill her for it. And she's lovely when she's angry. Not a stretch to imagine a bit of recreational pleasure between the two. And why did she stay on Liberator? In the hope they'd find Blake or out of affection for him!( Avon). The fact she says the latter so angrily suggests some sort of connection -

where else would she go? She didn't have anywhere to go since S1, and we're told so.
Affection for him, yeah she did make with the moon eyes a couple of times, but Avon was otherwise engaged Pfft
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Anniew
where else would she go?

Death maybe? A mission which she knew she wouldn't escape from? Companions for her death? Or she could have asked to join another group of rebels...Avalon maybe....

Probably though you're right - she was a bit stuck.

sooper mouse
Anniew wrote:

where else would she go?

Death maybe? A mission which she knew she wouldn't escape from? Companions for her death? Or she could have asked to join another group of rebels...Avalon maybe....

Probably though you're right - she was a bit stuck.

I think Jenna said that in SLD

and the "affection for him" part sounded to me like a ridiculous alternative , like "why do you think I'm staying for, the quality of the coffee?"

JustBrad
I don't think C/A had a romantic relationship, but I do believe they respected one another, and given that it's Avon and Cally, that is saying something.

Avon was stuck on Anna for a long time, and probably not open to a long term relationship during most of the series.

sooper mouse
JustBrad wrote:

I don't think C/A had a romantic relationship, but I do believe they respected one another, and given that it's Avon and Cally, that is saying something.

Avon was stuck on Anna for a long time, and probably not open to a long term relationship during most of the series.

not with Cally anyway Pfft

but basically, yeah.
Edited by sooper mouse on 13 January 2017 21:41:34

bob79519
Well after reading this entire thread, and me being a believer that Avon/Cally had romantic feelings for each other, I think that my latest episode of Blake's 7 Continues will make sooper mouse very unhappy, read it to find why:

https://drive.goo...ExVmc/view
Edited by Angry Angel on 14 January 2017 19:56:07

Anniew
I liked it even if I didn't quite buy the premise. I welcome all fiction that brings the possibility of a happier ending to the story so thank you for that.

sooper mouse
bob79519 wrote:

Well after reading this entire thread, and me being a believer that Avon/Cally had romantic feelings for each other, I think that my latest episode of Blake's 7 Continues will make sooper mouse very unhappy, read it to find why:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByOWvVpT15TzcG1fUTFELTExVmc/view

You are entitled to your own version of it. I might not find it credible but won't stop me from enjoying your writing.

trevor travis
In Blake's 7 Magazine in around 1982, Paul listed the following as the ladies in Avon's life:

* Meegat
* Cally
* Anna Grant
* Servalan

sooper mouse
Keyword here being "ladies"

Mr D has this thing where he's incredibly subtle when he wants to be.

IF Meegat, whom Avon sees for a couple of hours at most is on the list, that only tells you that Avon's interraction with "ladies" is pretty scarce.

In that line you could say that Jenna was one of the ladies in Blake's life...
Edited by sooper mouse on 14 January 2017 14:05:47

trevor travis
sooper mouse wrote:In that line you could say that Jenna was one of the ladies in Blake's life...

The ladies in Blake's life:

* The 'cause'
* His cousin
* Er, that's it!!!

sooper mouse
trevor travis wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:In that line you could say that Jenna was one of the ladies in Blake's life...

* The 'cause'
* His cousin
* Er, that's it!!!

Zackly

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

* The 'cause'
* His cousin
* Er, that's it!!!

Indeed, which is why I've always wondered about events as reported in Blake.

Deva: Jenna! I've found you. Come to Gauda Prime and join Blake.

Jenna: Oh, hell no. I've got a successful smuggling operation all my own supplying guns to Avalon and Grant. If I'd known it was Blake on GP, I'd have never delivered this shipment.

Deva: But you know how he is, now that I've found you, he won't take no for an answer, what do I tell him?

Jenna: tell him I hit the self destruct. Now get lost.

sooper mouse
JustBrad wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

* The 'cause'
* His cousin
* Er, that's it!!!

Indeed, which is why I've always wondered about events as reported in Blake.

Deva: Jenna! I've found you. Come to Gauda Prime and join Blake.

Jenna: Oh, hell no. I've got a successful smuggling operation all my own supplying guns to Avalon and Grant. If I'd known it was Blake on GP, I'd have never delivered this shipment.

Deva: But you know how he is, now that I've found you, he won't take no for an answer, what do I tell him?

Jenna: tell him I hit the self destruct. Now get lost.

can you blame her? (one of my happily ever afters involves Del Grant and Jenna ending up together)

JustBrad
sooper mouse wrote:

can you blame her? (one of my happily ever afters involves Del Grant and Jenna ending up together)

We agree on something. I first wrote that fan fic in 1986. Horizon published it as Hunter's and Prey.
I don't recommend reading it. It was my first ever story and I had NO IDEA what I was doing.

sooper mouse
JustBrad wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

We agree on something. I first wrote that fan fic in 1986. Horizon published it as Hunter's and Prey.
I don't recommend reading it. It was my first ever story and I had NO IDEA what I was doing.

today I agreed with both you and TT. I blame my new pills.(first spelling of this said "I blake my new pills"Wink
Jenna deserves to be happy and Del Grant is the most endearing non villain character of the show. they kinda fit together.
AS in, who isn't Avon, but Avon has no eyes for anything that isn't Blake or Orac.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.44 seconds
9,926,715 unique visits since 8th January 2014