Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
B7 busts
Headhunter
Some of you got to look at these at the cat show on Oct 22nd.

I've sculpted a set of four busts in one third scale and brought a set, cold-cast in bronze, with me to show to Paul Darrow and Michael Keating. Also gave each a bust of their character, (it seems only polite to do so), and they signed the plinths of the ones I kept.

I'll be offering a run of these sometime soon. Currently testing alternative finishes, since the bronze turns out to be more expensive to do than I'd anticipated. I expect that I'll be offering a choice, with bronze at a slightly higher price.

Meanwhile, have a look at some photographs of the prototypes...

https://goo.gl/ph...mi8363ydQ7
Edited by Headhunter on 11 December 2016 14:37:18

clanger68
Very nice, and a fabulous idea having the teleport bracelet as the plinth.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Travisina
I saw those at the Cat Show, and was very impressed. Will be sharing more pics in due course.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
Wonderful work!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

trevor travis
Oh, THAT kind of B7 bust!

Nice work.

Spaceresearcher
Very nice Headhunter.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

You were really thinking of Jarvik's manly chest, weren't you? Wink
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

JustBrad
Travisina wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

You were really thinking of Jarvik's manly chest, weren't you? Wink

I wasn't... Grin

RB
Very nice...

sooper mouse
ok so where do we buy them from, and do you have a sexy season 2 avon?
(There's christmas coming, people need to buy me gifts)
Smile
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Headhunter
Smile

Er.. not sure yet...

Been spending the last three weeks working on full-size face sculpts, (No B7 in this batch, I'm afraid). Sculpted the first six all during May, so I'm seeing if I can match that for November - currently on the fifth of this lot.
I'll have to make decisions about how to proceed on the busts in the first week of December. (Maybe I'll put a Paypal link on here).
Actually hadn't even thought about the christmas thing, but don't panic, I can cast one or two sets per day and they'll be ready to post two days from casting if needed.

exterminator
I'd definitely be up for a set of your B7 heads, Headhunter. They are super!
----------------------------------------

"There it is!"

Mistletoe12
exterminator wrote:

I'd definitely be up for a set of your B7 heads, Headhunter. They are super!

Likewise! They are amazing (having seen them at the recent cat show) and I would be thrilled to have the busts in my collection. Grin

sooper mouse
Headhunter wrote:

Smile

Er.. not sure yet...

Been spending the last three weeks working on full-size face sculpts, (No B7 in this batch, I'm afraid). Sculpted the first six all during May, so I'm seeing if I can match that for November - currently on the fifth of this lot.
I'll have to make decisions about how to proceed on the busts in the first week of December. (Maybe I'll put a Paypal link on here).
Actually hadn't even thought about the christmas thing, but don't panic, I can cast one or two sets per day and they'll be ready to post two days from casting if needed.

I don't want a full set just a pretty s2 or S4 Avon as in no horrible shoulder pads.
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Headhunter
I don't want a full set just a pretty s2 or S4 Avon as in no horrible shoulder pads.

Awwww.... but I did tone down the width and left off the switches. Sad

I was only planning on doing one version of each actor, but we can see what happens later on. It's possible that I may yet end up offering variants, (but obviously that won't happen within the next month).

For each character, I looked through the outfits that they wore in multiple episodes and picked something that I thought would work as a segue between the actor and the plinth. In Avon's case, he ended up with that one because it seemed the most suitable and he did wear it for more than half a season. Smile

sooper mouse
Headhunter wrote:

Awwww.... but I did tone down the width and left off the switches. Sad

I was only planning on doing one version of each actor, but we can see what happens later on. It's possible that I may yet end up offering variants, (but obviously that won't happen within the next month).

For each character, I looked through the outfits that they wore in multiple episodes and picked something that I thought would work as a segue between the actor and the plinth. In Avon's case, he ended up with that one because it seemed the most suitable and he did wear it for more than half a season. Smile

but the switches are the reason why I fell in love with B7 and Avon and decided i was gonna be a programmer Smile when i was 8

put the switches back on?

Blah. There's no point fighting it. I know I'm getting them, Ian knows I'm getting them... and I'll get to see Avon with a cat on his head.
Put me down for a Blake and an Avon. Just say when.

Also if an advance is necessary... just say
Edited by sooper mouse on 23 November 2016 23:16:43

Mistletoe12
Headhunter wrote:

The costume you've selected for Avon's bust is quite possible my favourite across all four series!

Headhunter
Okay, I've decided to go with the real bronze after all, (for now anyway - might add options later). Expecting the bronze powder to arrive in the morning and I'm going to cast busts daily for a week or two.

So, I suppose it's time to start taking the orders, if that's okay with the forum admin'. I'll sort out a "Paypal me" link today.

It's the first time I've done this casting-to-order thing so don't know what to expect. Just in case there's more demand than I anticipate, I think it's probably best if people PM me to get the paypal link. I'll only be able to get so many out before the Royal Mail's seasonal deadline and we don't want to disappoint, do we?

The pricing I've been aiming for, before postage, was 30 per bust, 100 per set of four. They're quite hefty and I'll be using "signed for" options - so UK postage will have to be a fiver per bust, (obviously, overseas will be a lot more).

UK prices with postage, then: 35 per bust or 120 per set of four. Smile
Edited by Headhunter on 06 December 2016 20:32:53

sooper mouse
Headhunter wrote:

Okay, I've decided to go with the real bronze after all, (for now anyway - might add options later). Expecting the bronze powder to arrive in the morning and I'm going to cast busts daily for a week or two.

So, I suppose it's time to start taking the orders, if that's okay with the forum admin'. I'll sort out a "Paypal me" link today.

It's the first time I've done this casting-to-order thing so don't know what to expect. Just in case there's more demand than I anticipate, I think it's probably best if people PM me to get the paypal link. I'll only be able to get so many out before the Royal Mail's seasonal deadline we don't want to disappoint, do we?

The pricing I've been aiming for, before postage, was 30 per bust, 100 per set of four. They're quite hefty and I'll be using "signed for" options - so UK postage will have to be a fiver per bust, (obviously, overseas will be a lot more).

UK prices with postage, then: 35 per bust or 120 per set of four. Smile

Yes please

Headhunter
Okay, things have not been going too smoothly, so I'm putting the casting on hold for the moment. Hadn't originally planned on casting the busts until January or February, it looks like I'm going to have to revert to that plan.

I am finishing sooper mouse's order, (turns out she's local to me, so don't even need to post them), but otherwise, I'm afraid I'll have to let you know when I've resumed work and have some sets completed and boxed up.

Sorry!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.72 seconds
9,124,374 unique visits since 8th January 2014