Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 12

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Jenna Stannis
JustBrad
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Sopron wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

I always found it interesting that despite that despite her denials of any political agenda other than opposing the Federation, she knew Avalon, whereas Blake (a founding member of the Freedom Party) did not.

As a free-trader she'd surely have been involved with transporting goods to all sorts of people/organisations without necessarily sharing their views, the Terra Nostra being another case in point. She objected to the cargo, not the earning potential in that instance and I wouldn't see her having an issue with shipping Avalon or goods/people for Avalon if the price was right.

That raises an important point, in terms of the money. With the Liberator, money was no longer an issue(holds full of precious metals and jewels etc).
Had Jenna, finally found a home?

Apparently not, since there is no evidence she ever tried to return after SO.

Asteria occulta
Spaceresearcher wrote :
That raises an important point, in terms of the money. With the Liberator, money was no longer an issue(holds full of precious metals and jewels etc).
Had Jenna, finally found a home?

I don't think so. I mean, she knew the ship (she is the first to notice the change in course in Voice from the past), and she was the main pilot but she interacted with Zen like everybody else, she left it and never even tried to return. I have the sneaking feeling she didn't trust all this technology. Made things too easy for her. For someone used to survive by trusting to her own abilities, maybe the Liberator phase was only a break, a temporary sanctuary. She soon felt the need to strike on her own again, maybe just to prove to herself he still had it. I see Jenna as a free spirit, someone not content to remain to the same place for very long, roaming the galaxy, testing her limits.
And, of course, there was Blake. She knew he wouldn't return, so she tried to reunite with him, leaving the ship. Not the behavior of someone who has finally found a home imo.
I may grow older, but I'll never grow up.

Frankymole
peladon wrote:

Jenna was a very atypical character for her time, like Servalan. Criminal maybe but tough, self assurred, competent, logical, resilient and yet not crude or crass. What's not to like..?
There's criminal and criminal. The Federation's laws were unjust. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

peladon
Frankymole wrote:

peladon wrote:

Jenna was a very atypical character for her time, like Servalan. Criminal maybe but tough, self assurred, competent, logical, resilient and yet not crude or crass. What's not to like..?
There's criminal and criminal. The Federation's laws were unjust. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

More than unjust, the rule of law seems to have been worth little or nothing.Without the rule of law there is no criminal and honest. As for the rest, yes I'd probably agree.

winnie-l
Frankymole wrote:
What he said!
seis.bris.ac.uk/~phpwl/duty.jpg

Asteria occulta
And since I'm on a song-hunting spree, a last one (but not least - definitely not least)

She's like the wind through my tree,
She rides the night next to me
She leads me through moonlight
Only to burn me with the sun
She's taken my heart
But she doesn't know what she's done

CHORUS:
Feel her breath on my face
Her body close to me
Can't look in her eyes
She's out of my league
Just a fool to believe
I have anything she needs
She's like the wind

I look in the mirror and all I see
Is a young old man with only a dream
Am I just fooling myself
That she'll stop the pain
Living without her
I'd go insane

CHORUS:
Feel her breath on my face
Her body close to me
Can't look in her eyes
She's out of my league
Just a fool to believe
I have anything she needs
She's like the wind

I feel your breath on my face
Your body close to me
Can't look in your eyes
Your out of my league
Just a fool to believe
(Just a fool to believe)
She's like the wind
I may grow older, but I'll never grow up.

lemon
Jenna was great at the beginning - a beautiful, smart, sassy, sharp-tongued smuggler. Their trio of Blake, her and Avon who discuss the decision was perfect. And Jenna’s closeness with Blake seemed to grow into something more than friendship.
In the season B Jenna was mostly nothing but a high class pilot. The main issues discussed already without her. Well, and she was not the type of Blake eventually, judging by Inga, more by idealistic and softer girls impressed him. It seems from all the major female characters only Servalan has been further developed, so very sorry for Jenna. Can you tell me, please, Jenna not received development in the second B, because then Sally decided to leave?

sweevo
That's right. Sally decided to leave after Season 2, when her contract expired (according to the unreleased "Making of Blake's 7" documentaries, she tried to leave after Season 1 but her contract prevented her from doing so). She did get to do some action stuff which would have appeased her and developed the character of Jenna further, but she didn't get to do enough of it, sadly... a lesson which I remembered during my own writing. Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.28 seconds
9,865,201 unique visits since 8th January 2014