Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 1
meegat39

· Total Rebels: 924
· Newest Rebel: Mark Stanfa

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Is this an idea worth the webspace it's written on ??
You are bonkers Neil C, and we hate you ;) You are bonkers Neil C, and we hate you ;) 40%[2 Votes]
Blake's 7 is so yesterday, that this conversation is utterly pointless. Blake's 7 is so yesterday, that this conversation is utterly pointless. 0%[0 Votes]
Worth a discussion (at least). Worth a discussion (at least). 40%[2 Votes]
I don't understand any of this, but I like LOL Cat pictures. I don't understand any of this, but I like LOL Cat pictures. 20%[1 Vote]
Total Votes : 5
 Print Thread
Blake's 7 on Blu, iTunes
Neil C
As a long time fan and Horizon member; I'm still at a loss as to why there are no B7 Blu-rays, no remastered/improved programmes and no B7 on iTunes. I'll leave aside the Himalayan magnitudes more ambitious thoughts of a re-imagined, new series (along the lines of the totally awesome BSG of the 2000's) to the industry pros.

Why is the B7 merchandising scene so slack ?? It is comforting to have the BF B7 audios (some are genuinely great, some are rather ordinaryOops). Is the problem that whoever owns the over-arching B7 rights is incompetent, doesn't realise the extent of the market opportunities, or just doesn't care ??
Star Trek fans have been so very well served by the magnificent Blu-ray job done on ST:TOS. They cleaned up the original film/tapes and re-did all the special effects in a style that is awesomely complimentary to TOS.
A triumph in fact !!

Horizon is a fan club with 800+ members. Most of us original fans are at an age of around 50 ish (or more). So this large group of us are at a stage when we are financially comfortable/carefree. If half of the membership are "hardcore fans" and in this age group, then we (potentially) have a powerful financial base to perhaps get something positive done !! ... 400 members each chucking in a $1000 would surely give us a war-chest that is capable of some truly positive results.

Is this possible, could we use our clout as a group to gain the (limited) rights to B7 TV programmes, so as to do a similar high quality clean up and special effects modernisation with our beloved B7 episodes ?? You know make them attractive to a new audience.... and get them onto iTunes etc etc.
Much of B7's first 3 series are still relevant and (scarily) on point, even in today's oddball world. As the first sci-fi TV show whose regular, starring characters were truly shades of grey, rather than merely black or white straight up and down the line jobbers (like the characters in the contemporary BSG of the 1970's), combined with the genuinely dystopian nature of the B7 world/existence..... have we got a roll of the dice here ??

Anyway, interested to hear other Horizon members thoughts about this type of thing....... this type of thing, this type of thing (oh Father Ted, I DO MISS YOU !!) Errm sorry; getting a bit off topic, but hey Smile

JustBrad
They haven't even released the DVD in NTSC format for the United States. We bought the PAL disks and a region free DVD player from Amazon.

trevor travis
I can't say I'm that interested in the 52 episodes of B7 in yet another format. I suspect, that like a lot of fans, I already own the episodes twice, in some cases three times.

You can only flog the same product so many times.

BradPaula
My opinion is that there aren't enough fans to buy the blue-ray discs, or at least that is what the manufacturers/copyright holders say. It is a matter of profit I'd say and since they haven't even put out the discs for the American market in all these years, I just don't see them doing them in blue-ray.

Lorna
trevor travis wrote:

I can't say I'm that interested in the 52 episodes of B7 in yet another format. I suspect, that like a lot of fans, I already own the episodes twice, in some cases three times.

You can only flog the same product so many times.

I have to agree with TT

Neil C
Interesting, if disappointing replies....

BradPaula wrote:

My opinion is that there aren't enough fans to buy the blue-ray discs, or at least that is what the manufacturers/copyright holders say.

So; it seems that even the Mods here for the B7 fan site have virtually zero interest in attempting to pass on the magic of the televisual B7 experience to the next generation of sci-fi affectionados.
Unfortunately this confirms my fears regarding the future outlook for our favourite franchise.
The gestalt Mod entity called "BradPaula" offers up that there just aren't enough fans... yet somehow there are seemingly enough fans to produce and sell plenty of B7 audio adventures. These audio stories (naturally) rely on the canon of the TV series for their raison d'etre. I am also a Star Trek fan. I and thousands of other customers re-purchased all 3 series of ST: TOS when "the powers that be" put the effort in to offer us fans something of genuine quality and real innovation, yet something that is utterly faithful to the spirit/reality of the TOS canon. I for one wouldn't have ever re-watched the entire 3 seasons of ST:TOS (and thereby re-ignited my passion) if it wasn't for the fact that the revamped, clean, bright visuals and wonderful new special effects/space shots have re-defined the whole experience for us old hands, whilst at the same time making them accessible to new 21st century audiences.

I notice that TT's comment about already owing the 52 eps a couple of times already, completely ignores the entire point I was originally trying to make. That being; if the special effects shots were re-done properly, and the rest of the show's images cleaned up with modern technology, then this could, and most likely would be a compelling reason for fans to purchase these "re-mastered/improved" versions on iTunes etc. I do feel that this is perhaps the only viable way to ensure that the flame of our B7 cult once again burns brightly..... to bring in new souls for the faith. I can certainly agree that a release on Blu-ray would likely be problematic, given the greedy merchandising tactic of divisive, separate "regions" for Blu-ray discs, combined with the complex commercial realities involved with producing, selling and shipping a physical product . Yet on the other hand Big Finish do ok, and they are a niche producer with little exposure outside of established fandom/s.

Perhaps my idea is framed wrongly, or all too likely intellectually frivolous ?? Then again; perhaps the copyright holders would be motivated if we as a club offered up an amount to underwrite the costs/risks involved in doing a ST:TOS style revamp to B7...or... Perhaps a Kickstarter style campaign is a way to safely try to assimilate some kind of war-chest ?? Then if it never gets started, folks' money gets returned and no one gets burned !!

I feel (after reading the comments so far) that an analogous situation is our local Northern Tasmanian newspaper. They have chosen to try to hang on to their uninspired newspaper business model, much as it has been for the past 100+ years. They do have a digital edition.... with almost no user interaction or user generated content. Every year; more of their traditional newspaper customers die from the chronological certainties we all face. Yet "The Examiner" is reluctant (even recalcitrant in its refusal) to move with the times and try to build a vital digital audience through interaction and relevance to local lives. They have just tried to slow the rot by cutting staff, costs and journalistic quality. The latest cuts came at a time when their Southern Tasmanian rival, has decided to go the other way and try to become/remain relevant to the rapidly changing face of our news consumption. "The Mercury" (a horrid Murdoch rag) has lately increased its readers' opportunity and scope for comments with a raft of positive service changes, increased user generated content and accessibility. Two very different approaches to the same dilemma. One is doomed to failure, the other is giving survival their best shot....... Unfortunately I can see which way our beloved B7 is heading under the uninspired stewardship of the B7 copyright holders and the ultra conservative outlook on the Horizon (pun intended) for our beloved Blake's 7.

To paraphrase Zil; " If the Blake creature wants to live....then Move Quickly, or Die!"
P.s. Incidentally I voted for option 1 WinkWinkWink

helo_75
Just a quick pointer... we all love blakes 7 for what it is.. why change it? Changing things makes it something else. Look at starwars in its current form... messed about with silly cgi aliens shoehorned in and it was ruined....so, it would have to be something spectacular.for any of us to want to invest... oh , and why would we want to throw a grand at something we have to Buy? Not good logic that, is it

trevor travis
helo_75 wrote:

Just a quick pointer... we all love blakes 7 for what it is.. why change it? Changing things makes it something else. Look at starwars in its current form... messed about with silly cgi aliens shoehorned in and it was ruined....so, it would have to be something spectacular.for any of us to want to invest... oh , and why would we want to throw a grand at something we have to Buy? Not good logic that, is it

We need a like button, so that I can like your post Grin

The original Star Wars trilogy is a very good example of something that was ruined due to 're-mastering'. Fortunately I managed to get hold of the originals on DVD.

B7 is my favourite programme. It's unbeatable. It's unbeatable in its current format. I don't need or want for a second of it to be changed. It's something I already own. Several times over.

The audio adventures are great. It's new product. Therefore I will buy them.

But the existing 52 episodes in yet another format, with a few jarring updated shots of the Liberator? I don't see the point. Give me something that I don't own, instead of trying to flog the same thing to me again.
Edited by trevor travis on 07 November 2016 21:56:44

BradPaula
Well, it looks like it's pile on BradPaula day. Neil C- you asked a valid question and I gave you my honest answer. You seem to be comparing apples to oranges though. Putting out Big Finish audio discs is a lot different than putting the original series out on Blue-ray format. Big Finish started out as a cottage industry and progressed throughout the years into a bigger entity. Getting either the BBC or whomever holds the Blake's 7 series rights to put the series out on Blue-ray would be a much larger and different type thing altogether. In order to make a profit you'd have to have a larger population of buyers than even Big Finish for the enterprise to even get off the ground. And as for inferring that I think the series should not be put out in Blue-ray, that was not my aim at all. Any new exposure of our series in a new format and to new fans is always at the forefront of my thinking. But what I wish for and what actually occurs are often different things. Again, you asked for our opinions, I gave mine. So sorry that you didn't agree with my post, but with over 800 members here, one is bound to get differing opinions at times. Note: I am speaking as a member of Horizon, not as a Moderator here, as if that would make a difference somehow. We're all just fans in the end, and I'd like us all to get along. To paraphrase one of Avon's lines, 'if you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question'. Cheers, and keep posting.
Edited by BradPaula on 08 November 2016 04:44:42

Travisina
Just to add my tuppence-worth, since you were addressing your comments directly to Horizon staff:

Neil C wrote:
I and thousands of other customers re-purchased all 3 series of ST: TOS when "the powers that be" put the effort in to offer us fans something of genuine quality and real innovation...

1. The rights to the ST franchise are wholly owned by Paramount, and have the weight and financial backing of that mighty company behind them. The rights to B7 are split between different entities (the BBC, the Estate of Terry Nation etc with Big Finish having a licence to produce audios and books). Negotiating those rights is an expensive minefield - it took most of last year for Big Finish to negotiate theirs, during which time production had to be put on hold.

2. You hit the nail on the head when you referred to 'thousands of customers' who bought the remastered TOS series. B7 doesn't have 'thousands of customers'. B7 fandom is tiny compared to Trek fandom.

3. Over recent decades, there have been extraordinary changes in technology, but each advance renders the previous one redundant. Betamax video, VHS video, DVD - and now Blue Ray. Each time we thought that buying our programme on the latest tech would preserve it for the future, but that's just not the case. No doubt Blue Ray will be followed by the next thing, and the next...
As for future generations, if they're anything like my nieces and nephews, they don't bother with a physical copy of a series - they stream boxsets via Netflix, Amazon Prime etc - another reason for a company not wishing to produce Blue Rays. Why bother, when the youngsters wouldn't buy them?

4. Re-doing the FX on TOS may have enhanced that series, but I agree with others that the additional CGI ruined Star Wars. The strength of B7 is in its characters and story, and no amount of CGI will make a difference to that.

5. Finally, I find it extraordinary that you claim:

Neil C wrote:Most of us original fans are at an age of around 50 ish (or more). So this large group of us are at a stage when we are financially comfortable/carefree.

Maybe it's different in Tasmania, but I can assure you that I'm not in that category, nor are most age 50-ish people I know. I find your assumption that we're all well-off and have a spare $1,000 lying around, utterly astonishing. Many of us probably couldn't afford to buy the Blue Rays, let alone invest in their production.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Neil C
Firstly; thanks to y'all folks for the replies so far. Smile

Hi BradPaula... No offence intended at all, but you display the insignia of our oppressors, the Federation. You have the power to stop our voices being heard. We have to play hardball with you High Council types Wink

Hi helo_75... "we all love blakes 7 for what it is.. why change it?" ... So that the B7 flame can continue to burn brightly, to take The Word beyond, to gather new souls for the faithWink Please understand that what I proposed would in no way change the story, the dialogue or introduce new characters into the fold; as in the Star Wars example you have used. I'm not trying to supplant or replace Terry Nation's legacy in any way.
"Why would we invest" ?? ... Because it would be spectacular !! Have you watched the ST:TOS (the positive) example that I gave, showing what good vision and some bravery can achieve ?? Do you not think that what they achieved with that re-release is anything but genuinely spectacular ?? It gives the viewer the option/s to watch it as originally broadcast or to watch the new, and vastly improved versions. None of the dialogue or characters are affected at all. A real triumph !!
..." Why would we want to throw a grand at something we have to Buy?"... obviously as investors we would be rewarded with our own copies, and depending on the financial success, there might be some recouping of the invested capital, who knows ?? We are only limited by our own fears and staid attitudes. People invest in projects with Kickstarter type sites/setups every minute of the day. Part of the logic is a physical reward/product, but most of these investments are because of the personal satisfaction that is achieved when one is part of a team, the satisfaction of bringing an idea to fruition, just for the love of something, be it a product or an idea. There is no narrowly definable logic with these type of investments/gifts/seed.

Hi TT... Again I say to you that the Star Wars example of change is not what I was proposing. B7 is my favourite programme too !! You are against all change; and that's OK. But I would love for B7 to survive, and for future folks to find it accessible and enjoyable. Most younger folks find the low budget BBC special effects to be a major turn off, and a reason to quickly disconnect with the franchise. I find your statement "with a few jarring updated shots of the Liberator" to be disappointing, I get the distinct feeling from your statement that you haven't seen what has been achieved with the ST: TOS re-release, and are just presenting a closed mindset.... which is of course your right Smile

Hi BradPaula... Firstly; valid question...honest answer...all good !! Smile ..."Again, you asked for our opinions, I gave mine. So sorry that you didn't agree with my post" ... Good Grief !! Don't be sorry BP, I'm not Smile
I have no problems with differing opinions, it would be very odd if there were none, or if I could/would not accept them. I think the reason you may believe that I have a problem with what you wrote is that perhaps my sense of humour (and total lack of political correctness) doesn't translate well to you, so my bad on that one.
"Note: I am speaking as a member of Horizon, not as a Moderator here, as if that would make a difference somehow." ... I am lightheartedly role-playing Federation/Rebel with you; again (unfortunately) the cultural humour gap is perhaps too great to ford on this occasion ... My bad.

Apples and oranges... hmmm; perhaps ?? Unfortunately I did give too much focus to the "Blu-ray" aspect as such, through my use of the St: TOS BR release as my primary example (which is available in some form on iTunes etc now). So if I may instead ask us to think perhaps of the more future friendly, less transitory and less cost prohibitive distribution technology of "downloads" as a general catch-cry/euphemism for how the sale of a re-release might best be achieved.
Do you agree that almost no new fans will arrive at the franchise through the (admirable) BF audio productions, and that the gateway for new fans has and will always be the view-able B7 scene ??
..."Any new exposure of our series in a new format and to new fans is always at the forefront of my thinking."... So then; (please) forget the format for a second; and bearing in mind your previous statement; ***do you think that is any merit in our beloved B7 franchise replicating what has been technically achieved with the ST:TOS re-release, as a way to ensure that B7 doesn't just gradually fade into the race memory banks ??***

Neil C
Hi Travisina. Thanks for your great reply. it must have come on-line whilst I was (distractedly) plodding along with my reply to the other folks. Smile

Your point... #1. Good to know, this is the sort of info I certainly didn't have when suggesting the concept. It's a pity when those people and/or organisations who are lucky enough to hold intellectual or artistic property rights, become bogged down in legal B/S, rather than being free to nurture the legacy.

2. I do get the difference between the size of the respective fandoms. Which is precisely why I thought a sizeable group-effort of benefactors, of the right socio-economic demographic, each chipping in a small amount, might possibly be a viable option. Every year our B7 fandom will shrink a little bit more, unless something triggers a sustainable, accessible re-ignition in the public's mind's eye.

3. I have addressed this in my previous post. I totally realise the transitory nature of individual formats over the years. I too have lived that Wink
Free To Air TV, Umatic, Betacord, Betamax, VHS, DVD, Blu-ray, now starting into UHD disks (I believe). It is the underlying "information/data" that is relevant here, as I'm sure you will agree. I have actively been replacing many of my DVDs and Blu-rays with iTunes downloads (reclaiming some space from all that awful clutter).

4. Agreed. Unfortunately the Star Wars example is just not a good comparison with what I suggested. As was clearly stated, my idea involved no changes to any story, actors, dialogue etc. Just an (apparently unpopular) idea to try to replicate the wonderful success of the re-released of ST:TOS for Blake's 7. And by success, I primarily mean it in terms of adding to the accessibility and longevity of both the franchise and its stories.

5. Wow !! Perhaps I could paraphrase from one of my old fav movies; "Warlock"(starring Julian Sands, Richard E. Grant and Lori Singer). From memory something like...
KASSANDRA: ..."not a local product are ya".
REDFERNE: ..."As queer as it seems to you, it is even more so to me."

I don't know what country you call home Travisina, but, Australia and in particular our amazing island of Tasmania have been run for the past 40+ years by the greedy, the selfish and the stupid. Narcissism and Nepotism reign here. Even so, most of the 50-ish folks I know, have by this ripe old ageWink, the freedom to indulge a bit in their hobbies/passions.
I find your assumption that **MOST** folks of this demographic in BBC TV affected countries, who live the luxury of being able to fiddle around enjoying ourselves on the web (with all the intrinsic technological and social advantages that implies) and yet don't have a spare $1000 lying around to invest in/enjoy their passions, to be truly and utterly astonishing !! If you can't afford to buy Blu-rays by 50 years old in a first world democratic country, then to quote Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz of the Galactic Hyperspace Planning Council; "Oh for Heaven's sake, Mankind, I don't know !!... Apathetic bloody planet, I've no sympathy at all" !! Sad

helo_75
I'm sorry, I'm going to bite..I find the last part of you're post quite insulting to be honest... you're baiting people, and quite simply it isn't nice.. here in the UK, reality has bitten, money is tight for the average man on the street. It's not fair to assume that everyone over the age of 50 has spare cash just lying around. It's simply not true... people,have answered your questions and still you find the time to have a dig, however sincere you come across... Bottom line. Blakes 7 will remain a big part of all,our lives, we love it for what it is/was not what people think it should be, over here in the UK we enjoy it many different ways, we meet, we greetand we enjoy it by meeting the actors.. we watch blakes 7 when we fell,like (quite often as it happens) and people like Brad and paula fulfill their needs by travelling to the UK to our own little conventions. I'm in awe of these people, their dedication is second to . I'm sure if you asked them to throw $1000 at blakes 7, all of us here know where that money would go. Please, you've had your answers, stop goading people, it's not nice

Lorna
Well said helo_75

Travisina
Lorna wrote:

Well said helo_75

Yes, thanks helo_75.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Astullken
Thanks Helo_75. I too agree about the monetary output, but in my case it is even more dire. I did not want to be the first to post this as a reply on finnancial hardship becase I am not looking for pity, but as to my vision issues; i am not fully employable and get disability aid from the government. When I finally upraded my home made vhs tapes from television, the outlay for the DVDs and multi region player came dear. A blueray even in region one is completely beyond my possibilities. I am just glad to have the copy that i do have. Also partially due to my vision problest he fx was never that big of factor fo me in any scifi, so B7 is just as amazing to me as Star Trek or anything else. Everybody has their own unique approach to television I guess.
"Blake is sitting up in a tree. Travis is sitting up in another tree. Unless they are planning to throw nuts at one another I don't see much of a fight developing before it get light!" --Avon

Neil C
helo_75 wrote:

I'm sorry, I'm going to bite..I find the last part of you're post quite insulting to be honest... you're baiting people, and quite simply it isn't nice.. here in the UK, reality has bitten, money is tight for the average man on the street. It's not fair to assume that everyone over the age of 50 has spare cash just lying around. It's simply not true... people,have answered your questions and still you find the time to have a dig, however sincere you come across... Bottom line. Blakes 7 will remain a big part of all,our lives, we love it for what it is/was not what people think it should be, over here in the UK we enjoy it many different ways, we meet, we greetand we enjoy it by meeting the actors.. we watch blakes 7 when we fell,like (quite often as it happens) and people like Brad and paula fulfill their needs by travelling to the UK to our own little conventions. I'm in awe of these people, their dedication is second to . I'm sure if you asked them to throw $1000 at blakes 7, all of us here know where that money would go. Please, you've had your answers, stop goading people, it's not nice

Hi helo_75. Thanks for your reply.

The last part of my post was certainly not baiting people. It is a blunt, perhaps coarse, yet honest reply. I certainly did not say "that EVERYONE or ALL over the age of 50 has spare cash lying around". I used the word MOST to describe the subset of folks I thought might be in that fortunate group. And I even highlighted it with stars, precisely so that it wouldn't be able to be used as an exclusionary term and therefore become derogatory. It feel it is a disingenuous re-branding to suggest otherwise.

Astullken's reply and personal story perfectly highlights the difference. Someone who struggles with health or disability problems is more unlikely than MOST other folks to have spare money to spend on hobbies/luxuries etc. But just because they aren't in the subset of people covered by the descriptor "MOST", doesn't for one second make them worth anything less. That second subset of people in this scenario are no less valuable or valued.

I find the "Bottom line" section of your reply to be truly perplexing in regards of this kerfuffel that I have caused. I'm not sure why you had to state it.
I wouldn't wish for a second that any Horizon Member wouldn't be free to enjoy the variety of fun and socialising that this club affords them. I have never suggested what I think "it" should be..... In fact the only thing I have ever suggested (throughout my long membership) in regards B7 on Horizon, is a way to perhaps ensure that our beloved franchise offers its unique flavour/signature of entertainment to future generations.
That suggestion I made is not popular....and that is totally OK with me !! As regards Brad 'n' Paula, they do a job for no reward except to be vital part of our club. Just because our opinions and humour differ, doesn't mean I don't appreciate their dedication or who they are as folks.
That resultant opinions expressed towards an updated B7 offering, were in line with the conservative nature of this forum....and there's certainly nothing wrong with that either.

Neil C
@Astullken. Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems relating to your sight. It's super that you enjoy the B7 adventures too !!
I can do nothing to help you personally, but as one of the fortunate folks living in the privileged 1st world, the little I can do is ... I will make a donation to the Fred Hollows Foundation on Friday 11/11/2016. It will pay for 4 eye operations for unlucky folks who through their geographical and personal circumstances often have little hope of modern medical treatments.

President Solvite
Hmm..

My thoughts if I may,

Not sure it be worth it migrating B7 to a blue ray standard, much as I wouldn't mind having a clearer image of the sub-standard wallpapering in Project Avalon, heck it was clear enough with my old VHS copies. Avalon hmm maybe, could do with some enhancement... But that's just me and my little quirk(s)!

To be honest a blu ray player with suitable connectivity will up scale the DVDs to near Blu Ray resolution in any case. To go 4K and beyond (Blu-ray is already in danger of being obsolete) wouldn't improve the viewing experience without a major effort and possibly reshooting a lot of the model sequences and redo as CGI or seriously recorded, clean, reformatted, rescaled and in all likelihood not be economic or desired by many here I suspect.

I can sympathise with some here who are reluctant on additional financial outlay on effectively a rebadged format with no significant extra features or quality . This doesn't detract from their devotion or dedication, it is more one of practicality, especially in these increasingly uncertain times. Even with my frugal aspect I have bought my favourite films and series at least twice due to media changes.. Whilst the VHS to DVD transition grants a big improvement to quality , sound and extras. DVD to Blu Ray is much less and depends on the original source quality with said benefits ,if any, making it much less compelling. Therefore I'm afraid I share my fellow members sentiments in many areas.

Its seems the day of the 'owned' media are numbered and we are moving to streaming , cloud based format (not something I want, as I suspect it will be used to 'milk fans' for any and every penny that these companies can get) and I suspect Blu ray wont be much more long lived in terms of availability than the old Laserdisk and other transitional formats.. The price of progress I guess.
Edited by President Solvite on 09 November 2016 19:07:10

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Astullken
Neil, thank you so much for the donation offer. It is much appreciated. Iwas born withmy visison issues which badically entail being severky nearsighted beyond repair of current laser surgery. I havelived withthis my entire life and and really well adjusted to it. Tv watchingis doable, computers and reading small print get more difficult without assistive technology.
"Blake is sitting up in a tree. Travis is sitting up in another tree. Unless they are planning to throw nuts at one another I don't see much of a fight developing before it get light!" --Avon

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.42 seconds
9,839,924 unique visits since 8th January 2014