Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 4

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 923
· Newest Rebel: Jon Crockford

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Is Blake's 7 dead at Big Finish?
moriarty
Have we seen the last of the series at BF? They haven't announced anything for ages, won't even say if or when there may be an announcement and none of us are getting any younger.

I can see Paul's health, then the very sad loss of Gareth may have scuppered plans that were been drawn up but surely 2015/16 then would have been the perfect time to restart The Liberator Chronicles with the smaller casts. They were fantastic anyway and definitely my favourite BF releases.

I'm beginning to lose hope....

JustBrad
I rather doubt it. B7 has been big for BF. Everyone I've spoken to at BF, from writers to producers to actors, has loved doing B7. Of course there is always the issue of how long they have the rights to make B7.

And if it does come to pass, as surely it must one day (due to how long they have the rights), it won't be that BF doesn't want to make more B7, it will be that they legally can't.

These are things beyond our control and beyond BF's control, so rather than be sad, let us rejoice at just how very very much B7 they have already made. We now have many more hours of B7 on BF audio than we have hours of original series made by the BBC.

trevor travis
BF went through a protracted process to gain the rights directly from TN's estate rather than through B7 Media.

I don't think they would have done that if they weren't serious about making more B7. Sadly, Gareth's death then put their plans on halt and I think a respectful hiatus was the only way to go for the rest of 2016.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon as to what is planned for 2017.

Astullken
With my absence from the fandom I got got woefully behind on my collection so I have just been rectifying that problem. All caught up on the Liberator Cronicles now. I still have a few of the longer length ones and audios to get, but perhapsi the added sale numbers will be encouraging for BF.
"Blake is sitting up in a tree. Travis is sitting up in another tree. Unless they are planning to throw nuts at one another I don't see much of a fight developing before it get light!" --Avon

wall1885
my personal thoughts are that with Gareth's passing BF have put things on hold out of respect- We should remember that the cast and all those at BF have lost a friend as well as a colleague. We know BF have the rights to produce more and I'm sure that they will do so in good time.

I agree though it would be nice to have an official statement

BradPaula
We were told earlier in the year that they indeed were going to go ahead doing more Blake's 7 audios- in fact they had to negotiate in order to get even more rights to the series and got those. With the sad loss of Gareth, that means we can't have any first or second series audios- unless they 'work around' the character as they've done with the Dayna audios in the Full Cast series #2 they recently did. Paul, bless him, is certainly willing to do more audios and in fact has been writing a new series for Big Finish. I don't know much about it or when that will be recorded and put out for sale. I expect him to continue if asked to do more in the Blake's 7 range.

Brad and I are attending TARDIS con in a few weeks and one of the guests is Jason Haigh-Ellery, the executive producer for the Big Finish ranges. I promise we will talk with him and see if we can wheedle any new information out of him, or the other Big Finish guests at the con. Believe me, they know us already- both Jason and Nick Briggs often refer to us as 'those Blake people'. I consider that an honor.

Bounty
From Nick Briggs in the latest edition of Vortex

"There are indeed future plans for
Blake's 7 to have a long and exciting
future with Big Finish. Keep an eye out
for announcements."

moriarty
Thanks guys - you've given me a little bit of hope this morning. Okay - back to The Liberator Chronicles volume 1 then...

dragonq
I just spotted the comment from Nick Briggs in Vortex, which makes me very pleased.

I will keep my eye on their site.

Jonathan
A full-cast series is being worked on at the moment. Smile

Joe Dredd
Yes, that's right.

trevor travis
The rumours of B7's death have been greatly exaggerated!

Great news.

Neil C
img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/omniq/burns.jpg

Rainesz
Excellent news!! I love the Big Finish B7. Hurray! Grin (I like to listen to them when I draw.)

clanger68
Wonderful news, looking forward to hearing what they have planned.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
sooper mouse
Jonathan wrote:

audio series you mean
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

Travisina
sooper mouse wrote:

Jonathan wrote:

audio series you mean

That's right.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

sooper mouse
Travisina wrote:

sooper mouse wrote:

Jonathan wrote:

audio series you mean

That's right.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
I have concluded that Jenna is Blake-aware, Blake is Avon-aware, Avon is self-aware and Gan is rarely aware. Vila is merely wary. Cally is frequently more away than aware.

BradPaula
The Big Finish Blake's 7 audios are very well done and we've been fortunate that they have already put out 49 of them but of course, we crave more so it's great news they are planning more audio adventures. As I mentioned in another thread, we will be meeting up with a few of the Big Finish producers and writers next weekend and will do our best to get any news of the Blake's 7 range out of them. Among the Big Finish people attending TARDIS con is Jason Haigh-Ellery, executive producer of the entire ranges, Nigel Fairs, writer, Louise Jameson, actor and director, and a few other of the Doctor Who actors from the audios. Looking forward to their panels and private talks with them in the Dealer's room- where we are treated yearly to hundreds of Big Finish audios just waiting to break our bank account.

sooper mouse
BradPaula wrote:

The Big Finish Blake's 7 audios are very well done and we've been fortunate that they have already put out 49 of them but of course, we crave more so it's great news they are planning more audio adventures. As I mentioned in another thread, we will be meeting up with a few of the Big Finish producers and writers next weekend and will do our best to get any news of the Blake's 7 range out of them. Among the Big Finish people attending TARDIS con is Jason Haigh-Ellery, executive producer of the entire ranges, Nigel Fairs, writer, Louise Jameson, actor and director, and a few other of the Doctor Who actors from the audios. Looking forward to their panels and private talks with them in the Dealer's room- where we are treated yearly to hundreds of Big Finish audios just waiting to break our bank account.

Thank you for this

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 1.92 seconds
9,807,369 unique visits since 8th January 2014