Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 5

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
A Guide to the Blakes 7 Marvel comics
Andrew Orton
Some of you might like this - a complete guide to the Blakes 7 Marvel comics, up on my blog... May be of interest!

A Guide to the Blake’s 7 Comics!

Travisina
Wonderful! Thank you for sharing the link Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Joe Dredd
A neat job and very well presented. Hopefully anyone who reads it will be familiar enough with the material to spot the "Maximum Power" style additions (like "Liberation" and "Mutoid"). I'd quibble with the "no-one else has ever looked at the comics online" bit, but it's certainly the most comprehensive examination of the strips. I look forward to giving Andrew's article a proper read.

I always had a niggling feeling that there was a bit of in-mag continuity going on with some of the text and strip stories, but I could never be bothered researching it. Does the matracon appear again in some later text stories or am I confused?

I was sure the deliberate Anna/Aanya parallel in "Sacrifice" would be pointed out but I suppose it's covered by the comments (e.g. Servalan's mention of Anna Grant in the story is surely meant to bring the connection to mind).

I'm glad to see the only Liberator years strip is included, along with my favourite lines ("Is there anything I can do?" "Not that I've noticed.") I enjoyed this exchange so much I showed it to my wife back when the special came out. I'm not sure it was the wisest move as she's used Avon's reply on me several times!

The late Linda Cox Chan drew a six page strip for submission to the Marvel monthly but it folded. The strip was reprinted in an early "Chronicles".

Joe Dredd
i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x418/Dash_Decent/Chances_1_zpskognrhfs.jpg

Rainesz
@Andrew Orton, thank you so much for posting your link! I've been trying to find more about the Blake's 7 comics and this looks really informative and fun! Grin Bookmarked.

Now, to actually track some of them down someday ... Wink

MLPasterisk
Big Finish are reprinting some of The Avengers comic strips this month, so it would be good if they could get the rights to reprint the Blakes 7 ones as well.

briggsy1
I wonder why the Marvel strips used the name of a certain household name, Irish born DJ as a villain? Is it because he used to plug B7 on his morning radio show?

Joe Dredd
It was an in-joke as Terry Wogan was apparently a big fan of the programme, though he did like to ask why it was called B7 when "there's no one in it called Blake and there's only 5 of them."

cakeinmilk
Fascinating article - thanks for that. Fingers crossed for a remastered release at some point down the line.

clanger68
MLPasterisk wrote:

Big Finish are reprinting some of The Avengers comic strips this month, so it would be good if they could get the rights to reprint the Blakes 7 ones as well.

I did tweet to DWM and Marvel/Panini that the 40th anniversary was fast approaching and a collected Graphic Novel of the monthly strips would be fantastic.

They tweeted a reply that they still had the strips and while the rights would be complicated never say never!

Doctor Who Magazine ‏@DWMtweets Oct 24
@clanger68 @dwmmag @cavanscott @scorpioattackb7 You never know. Blake's 7 rights are a bit tricky, however. But we do have the strips...

Maybe a little fan response may help them focus. Grin
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
clanger68
Andrew Orton wrote:

Some of you might like this - a complete guide to the Blakes 7 Marvel comics, up on my blog... May be of interest!

A Guide to the Blake’s 7 Comics!

A great piece, well done Andrew, enjoyed that a lot.

Inspired me to read them all again.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Spaceresearcher
Very nice Mr Orton, thank you for sharing and taking the time to put this nice guide together. It's a sadly overlooked area of the Blakes 7 universe.

Something I love about those comics is how I hear the characters voices in my head as I read them. The same thing happens with each and every fanzine and novel.

Also don't forget for a guide to collecting these Blakes 7 treasure troves, there's the excellent: "Blakes 7 - The Merchandise Guide" by Mark Oliver

So nice to have a nicely written guide.

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.37 seconds
9,136,579 unique visits since 8th January 2014