Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Title conundrum for my novel and script
The Legend of Salvatore The Legend of Salvatore 67%[2 Votes]
Cabal Cabal 0%[0 Votes]
ARCUS ARCUS 33%[1 Vote]
Total Votes : 3
 Print Thread
Title conundrum
sweevo
Dear Horizon,

After 8 years of trying, I have finally got my foot in the door in the fabled movie industry... and by "got my foot in the door", I mean "having faced a billion-plus rejections and having had to do a billion-plus rewrites myself because nobody would help or represent me"... and why did nobody tell me that stories with Latin titles won't sell well? (a trademark of mine to make my stories stand out, yet ironically they do the opposite, apparently) I've been asked to come up with a new title in an attempt to increase my chances of getting said script made into a movie, or at least considered for one. After much consideration, I've narrowed it down to three (although I'm not a big fan of one-word titles). I'll post the synopsis to help with voting.

"Salvatore Pasquale, a college graduate with Asperger Syndrome, becomes the world’s most wanted man after discovering the truth about the corrupt and ruthless Sol Federation which governs the world, having risen to power following a global economic crisis. He is branded as a heretic by the media and is forced into a life of rebellion, aided by eccentric pilot Tobias Jonsson, fearless femme fatale Miranda Ekerot and his close friend Vladimir Popov. Now a marked man and with Interpol officers Claude Pascal and Jenna Lane on his tail, Salvatore’s mission eventually evolves into an elaborate game of cat and mouse as dark secrets are revealed, including the truth behind the world collapse and the genesis of the Federation…"

The one with the most votes wins - if I can't sell it with a new title, then I'll just say "to hell with it" and revert to the original Latin title (Salvatore: Arcus Iudicium) and not give a damn about Hollywood audiences not getting it.

Yours sincerely,
Swevicus.
Edited by sweevo on 27 October 2016 22:52:50

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.16 seconds
9,173,008 unique visits since 8th January 2014