Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 6

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Just checking in
Information
Hello everyone, long time no see. Grin

Iím currently away on my year abroad and I decided that it was about time to check back in here and see how you were all doing (I know I donít post much, but I always have fun reading everyone elses threads).

Being away from home this year means that Iím going having to miss all of the lovely B7 events that I keep seeing cropping up. No Cygnus Alpha 3 for me Iím afraid. Sad Iím looking forward to reading all the reports from the rest of you though. Smile

On the plus side my foreign language skills are improving, which I guess is the point.

Outside of my Uni studies Iíve been working on some more fan art and also, unusually for me, some fan fiction. Iíve written a couple of short stories in the past and some poems here and there, but itís rare for me. In this case the idea for my story has been niggling away at the back of my mind for a while and, during the last couple of months, itís kind of started to write itself. Itís nowhere near finished yet but Iím tempted to post it here when Iím done to see what people thinkÖalways assuming of course that I actually finish it in the first place. Itís also getting a bit long for a Ďshort storyí so Iím not even sure if anyone would bother reading it if I did post it. Lol.

Oh well, I hope everyoneís ok. Iím going to go and do some more reading and finish catching up on everything that Iíve missed. Smile
I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or, indeed, why it should be necessary to prove it at all.

President Solvite
Hello Information, welcome back.

Feel free to talk about your travels, personally speaking I haven't really been outside of Europe, but things are on my 'to do list'

If you do want to share any fiction or art projects etc. this is the correct place Smile

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Hugbot
Hello Information, glad to hear from you again (I nearly feared we had put you off at CA2!) and to hear that your language studies are progressing! I hope you enjoyed your stay in Bremen? (Lovely city, especially the Schnoorviertel!)

BradPaula
Glad to have you back, Information. Grin

Information
President Solvite wrote:

Hello Information, welcome back.

Feel free to talk about your travels, personally speaking I haven't really been outside of Europe, but things are on my 'to do list'

If you do want to share any fiction or art projects etc. this is the correct place Smile

Ty. Smile

I've never really been one for traveling, but I'm quite enjoying myself so far (there have been a few rough patches and it's not always easy, but that's to be expected I think). I'm still in Europe for a few more months and then I head to China early next year (after exams in Germany). I'm looking forward to that as well. Smile

I'll see how my fan fic attempt goes and, if I manage to get it finished, I'll pop it up here for some feedback. The artwork is for my story, so I'll hold off on posting that for a time. If the story collapses then at least I'll still have some drawings to share. Wink

Hugbot wrote:

Hello Information, glad to hear from you again (I nearly feared we had put you off at CA2!) and to hear that your language studies are progressing! I hope you enjoyed your stay in Bremen? (Lovely city, especially the Schnoorviertel!)

Hey Hugbot. No chance of putting me off; you guys were all lovely at CA2. Smile

Bremen was fun and I even managed to pass my summer course there with a decent mark. I played tourist for some of my time there and went on a couple of group tours; including the Becks tour (which was actually surprisingly interesting). I'm settled into Erfurt now and I'm starting to know my way around quite well. I'm not as outgoing as some of the people in my classes seem to be. They've gone exploring and eaten out in restaurants etc. while I prefer to spend more time indoors. I have joined a couple of clubs though, so it's not like I have no social life at all here. Smile

BradPaula wrote:

Glad to have you back, Information. Grin

ty Grin
I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or, indeed, why it should be necessary to prove it at all.

Anniew
So nice to hear from you Information. Look forward to reading your fics!
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

Spaceresearcher
Hope you can make it to Blake con in Steventon next year information. Best of travels with your studies.

Henry Eggleton
Welcome back Information
What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
purplecleric
Welcome back, Information!

I'd love to read your fanfic, and if you feel nervous about posting it 'cold' I'm sure Travisina or myself or any of the other fanfic regulars would be happy to do a read-through first.

If you fancy a dabble with no judgement, why not try one of my challenges? They have a maximum word limit of 500 words, can be in any form and are a great way to just play around.

It's great to hear about your adventures, please keep us updated!

Information
Spaceresearcher wrote:

Hope you can make it to Blake con in Steventon next year information. Best of travels with your studies.
I think I'll still be in China around the time of Blake con, so I'm afraid I'm probably going to have to miss that one as well. Sad

purplecleric wrote:
If you fancy a dabble with no judgement, why not try one of my challenges? They have a maximum word limit of 500 words, can be in any form and are a great way to just play around.

Ahh...word limits, my old nemesis. Students have nightmares about those things you know. Wink

Although I see the word prompt for this month (treason) is related to the story that I'm writing anyway. I might post the first couple of paragraphs in there a bit later on in the month to 'test the waters' as it were. Smile

I've been feeling a bit distracted lately. My birthday is coming up soon (I'm a Guy Fawkes Gal Wink ) and this is the first year I can remember that I've had to face the possibility of being alone and having nothing to do. I'm not sure how to feel about it to be honest. I know I'll be getting some cards in the post, but it's just not the same. Sad

Anniew
Come and play on your birthday. Make some comments. Post a picture. Then you won't be alone but with friends.

Travisina
Anniew wrote:

Come and play on your birthday. Make some comments. Post a picture. Then you won't be alone but with friends.

I second that.
You could tag onto the Saturday morning re-watch (Seek Locate Destroy) Rewatch. 9.30am GMT, add an hour for Germany etc.
Just drop in and say hi, you don't have to watch the ep (but if you can access YouTube, it's here: https://www.youtu...6ZiOXPNjg4 )

Happy birthday in advance Smile
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

clanger68
Hi Information, great to see you back on here.
aquitar.blakes-7.co.uk/Animation/Scorpio_100.gif

Vila - "I plan to live forever - or die trying"

http://www.exewing.co.uk
Information
TY. I'm definitely going to try and log on for the rewatch. Seek Locate Destroy is one of my favourite eps. Smile

I'll also see if I can pluck up the courage to post the first part of my story tomorrow as well. Unfortunately the drawing that goes with it may have to wait a bit as I don't have access to a scanner at the moment. I'm going to see if I can get my phone to take a decent picture but, if it can't, then I'll add it at a later date.

I've decided that I'm going to try and make the most of tomorrow even if I end up spending the day by myself. I refuse to be miserable on my b-day. Pfft

Wink

Ellen York
Happy birthday! Hope you find something fun to do to celebrate (in addition to the SLD rewatch).

Travisina
Happy Birthday, Information!
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Anniew
Happy Birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Hope you have a good rewatch
And post your story tool.

Henry Eggleton
Many Happy Returns
What I do I do without choice and to save time

http://dcmarvelrpg48705.yuku.com/directory#.UnfVjR
Joe Dredd
Happy Birthday, Information!

To celebrate, I've arranged some pursuit ships to fly past overhead, er, in formation.

Information
Ty all. Smile

I had a great rewatch session and I'm probably going to watch some more episodes later today.

Normally I'd go bowling or something like that on my b-day, but it's just not the same on your own. Sad Instead I've planned activities to do on some of my online games (I like to dabble with MMORPG's occasionally) and I'm going to allow myself to indulge in some language wanderlust (this means studying languages that I'm not usually learning). Wink

I'm also going to treat myself to a meal out later. Smile

I'm feeling a bit better about my b-day now that it's actually here. I may not be going out anywhere specific but I'm still going to have plenty of fun today. Smile

PS: I've posted the first chapter of my story over in the fan fiction section of the forum. If anyone wants to read it and give me some feedback I'd very much appreciate it.

Smile

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.60 seconds
9,179,812 unique visits since 8th January 2014