Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 3

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 919
· Newest Rebel: Ritter_der_Tiefe

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
15% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 96
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7 - a timeline
wall1885
I wasnt really sure which forum to post this in-apologies if there is a better home for it.
I was just wondering if anyone had (if possible) worked out a timeline to show where all the stories fit in?

I was thinking that the starting point would be the original 52 TV episodes- but then where would you place the BF novels, BF audios, BBC radio audios & fan made ones (if they could be placed at all)

If anyone has figured this out already please let me know-

Obviously B7Media audios have their own timeline & some of BF's wont have an exact placement

Also post Gauda Prime stories such as Lucifer, Afterlife & The Logic of Empire wont all fit - as fans we'll all have to decide our own personal choice to how they fit in (if they do)

Please lets not start a discussion about what is or is not canon- we'll never get all of us to agree all of it
Edited by wall1885 on 16 February 2014 17:48:30

trevor travis
I think TarrantOnTV had done quite a lot of work on this... he posted it on the old board. Not sure if he's still about to post a copy.

wall1885
trevor travis wrote:

I think TarrantOnTV had done quite a lot of work on this... he posted it on the old board. Not sure if he's still about to post a copy.

I missed that- hopefully he'll see this thread & repost if he can

wall1885
updated below
Edited by wall1885 on 16 February 2014 18:43:01

meegat39
wall1885 wrote:

ok here's my starting point- this is open to debate- so feel free to comment

Avon - A Terrible Aspect (Novel)
THE WAY BACK
SPACE FALL
CYGNUS ALPHA
TIME SQUAD
THE WEB
Trigger Point (BF Novella)
SEEK-LOCATE-DESTROY
MISSION TO DESTINY
The Forgotten (BF novel)
DUEL
PROJECT AVALON
BREAKDOWN
BOUNTY
DELIVERANCE
ORAC

REDEMPTION
SHADOW
WEAPON
HORIZON
PRESSURE POINT
TRIAL
Archangel (BF Novel)
KILLER
HOSTAGE
COUNTDOWN
VOICE FROM THE PAST
Friendly Fire (fan audio)
GAMBIT
THE KEEPER
STAR ONE

Warship

AFTERMATH
POWERPLAY
VOLCANO
DAWN OF THE GODS
THE HARVEST OF KAIROS
CITY AT THE EDGE OFTHE WORLD
CHILDREN OF AURON
RUMOURS OF DEATH
SARCOPHAGUS
ULTRAWORLD
MOLOCH
DEATH-WATCH
TERMINAL

RESCUE
POWER
TRAITOR
STARDRIVE
The Sevenfold Crown (BBC Radio)
The Syndeton Experiment (BBC Radio)
ANIMALS
HEADHUNTER
ASSASSIN
GAMES
SAND
GOLD
ORBIT
WARLORD
The Mark of Kane (fan audio)
BLAKE

post Gauda Prime
Afterlife (Tony Attwood Novel)
Lucifer (BF Novel)
The Logic of Empire (fan audio)

still to be placed
BF full cast audios
BF Liberator Chronicles
Beserker (BF Novella)
Cold Revolution (BF Novella)

I've added Warship
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

wall1885
I've actually found a few timelines on other sites-I might go super OCD on this & try and place B7 Magazine comic strips, Poster Mag Text Stories plus stories from the 3 Annuals

updated below
Edited by wall1885 on 19 February 2014 01:26:54

Frankymole
I've done a chronological "Liberator log" style timeline (like Neil Faulkner's back in the Horizon N/Ls), which spreads the action of the 52 episodes over 7 (subjective) years, based on dialogue in the episodes and known distances. I still have the Excel file for anyone mad enough to want to delve into it...

wall1885
yes please Frankymole

Spaceresearcher
You know that's one thing about Blakes 7, at least it has a definite timeline. Dr Who on the other hand can get away with anything by using the old time travel cop out. lol.

trevor travis
Good work so far.Cool

Having been through the transcript for "Volcano" very recently, they are still searching for Blake at that point. So I think "Incentive" (which tells why they give up looking for Blake) must come after "Volcano" rather than before it.

Spaceresearcher
trevor travis wrote:

Good work so far.Cool

Having been through the transcript for "Volcano" very recently, they are still searching for Blake at that point. So I think "Incentive" (which tells why they give up looking for Blake) must come after "Volcano" rather than before it.

Agreed.

Travisina
I think The Turing Test comes before Project Avalon rather than after it.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

wall1885
Thanks for all of your input _ I've amended the timeline to reflect your advice....... still more to do Grin

with a lot of BF's releases there are few points of reference to TV episodes so placement is definitely subjective (but we're not as mental as some fandoms, so we can discuss & accept others point of views without getting all stroppy about it)

So do we all (mostly) agree that most Lib Chronicles could be considered as consecutive stories in the timeline, also with the full cast dramas (unless future ones tell us differently???), would you place them as consecutive stories?
Edited by wall1885 on 18 February 2014 20:30:01

Spaceship Dispatcher
wall1885 wrote:

So do we all (mostly) agree that most Lib Chronicles could be considered as consecutive stories in the timeline, also with the full cast dramas (unless future ones tell us differently???), would you place them as consecutive stories?

Personally, yes I would place them consecutively unless stated otherwise.
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Travisina
Spaceship Dispatcher wrote:

wall1885 wrote:

Personally, yes I would place them consecutively unless stated otherwise.

Not necessarily - I'm fairly sure that The Turing Test came before Project Avalon (and kind of leads into it), whereas The Hard Road is explicitly stated as happening after. Due to LC7's own internal continuity, Disorder - which comes before The Hard Road - must therefore also come after Project Avalon.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

wall1885
It says in the Behind-the-Scenes page of The Liberator Chronicles Box Set 1; "These stories are set between Project Avalon and Breakdown."

Spaceresearcher
wall1885 wrote:

It says in the Behind-the-Scenes page of The Liberator Chronicles Box Set 1; "These stories are set between Project Avalon and Breakdown."

On that, my submitted story for the proposed fan Anthology was a follow on continuation after the events of Project Avalon. Thinking about it now, it could lead into the Liberator Chronicles set as an adventure to tie them together with a bit of editing.

wall1885
##Timeline amended- please see post 22 in this thread##
Edited by wall1885 on 28 June 2014 19:40:47

wall1885
well that's my take on the B7 timeline, I agree it's never going to be perfect, but I only did it as a bit of fun- please feel free to add your thoughts on any story placement & your reasons for any suggestions- Thank You

Spaceship Dispatcher
Thanks for that wall1885, I was only wondering yesterday whether any LCs occur in a different order to the spine numbers!

ps You have LC2.1 on the list twice Grin
Reversing the polarity of the neutron flow. I bet that means something. It sounds great.

Blake's 7: Trojan Horse (s4 fanfic) - Blake's 7: Through the Needle's Eye (s2 fanfic)

Spaceship Dispatcher's fanfic site

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.47 seconds
9,506,109 unique visits since 8th January 2014