Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 9

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 926
· Newest Rebel: Paul Hassall

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
14% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
7% [7 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [14 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 97
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Rewatch - Australia - Space Fall- 7th October
meegat39
trevor travis wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Leylan sucks 100% in the worst way. He is lazy and does as little as possible allowing those like Raiker to thrive!

Or just jaded, world-weary, coming to the end of an unsatisfying career...

Evil thrives when good men do nothing. I like the character of Leylan, but he isn't a good guy by any stretch.

But if you try to do 'good' within the Federation, don't you end up dead? Tel and Maja Varon, for example? Isn't Leylan simply trying to do his job the best he can, without rocking the boat?

Not really. In his position he can stamp out the kind of sexual harrassment that goes on under his command and I'm sure his superiors wouldn't care either way.
"If you didn't want the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question."

trevor travis

We all were![/quote]

Unless you were like me and saw the series back-to-front (C,D,A,B ) Wink
Edited by trevor travis on 08 October 2016 09:20:14

meegat39
Gauda Cheese wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Leylan sucks 100% in the worst way. He is lazy and does as little as possible allowing those like Raiker to thrive!

Evil thrives when good men do nothing. I like the character of Leylan, but he isn't a good guy by any stretch.

The evil that men do lives on and on.... sorry couldn't resist Grin

Iron Maiden?!!! Oops

Yup! Just booked tickets...

Gauda Cheese
trevor travis wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

But if you try to do 'good' within the Federation, don't you end up dead? Tel and Maja Varon, for example? Isn't Leylan simply trying to do his job the best he can, without rocking the boat?

He failed! Also I bet a piece of work like Raiker is connected somehow to people who matter. Wouldn't surprise me.
http://stwco.word... Stuff and things written by me.

My podcast: http://GATM.buzzs...

trevor travis
Gauda Cheese wrote:

He failed! Also I bet a piece of work like Raiker is connected somehow to people who matter. Wouldn't surprise me.

Raiker definitely seems to have some sort of 'power' over Leylan.

Gauda Cheese
"Doen't that guy wanna get rich? How would they keep convincing them to fight with them?"

trevor travis
The second episode is the first one where Blake 'wins' so to speak.

There's a run of those, to lull everyone into a false sense of security Grin Grin

Gauda Cheese
meegat39 wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

The evil that men do lives on and on.... sorry couldn't resist Grin

Iron Maiden?!!! Oops

Yup! Just booked tickets...

Yay! Nice one

trevor travis
Gauda Cheese wrote:

"Doen't that guy wanna get rich? How would they keep convincing them to fight with them?"

She's latched onto the power struggle within the crew pretty quickly. I wonder if she can guess how it will end in 50 episodes time!!!

Della Tarrant
Thanks guys, sorry I was so quiet. I was distracted my the internets!

meegat39
Gauda Cheese wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Travisina wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Very possible but I think it would have come up in the script with Raiker making veiled threats or referring to his position.

Gauda Cheese
trevor travis wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

She's latched onto the power struggle within the crew pretty quickly. I wonder if she can guess how it will end in 50 episodes time!!!

Well she did like the corrupt government aspect, because its more realistic.

Travisina
meegat39 wrote:

In his position he can stamp out the kind of sexual harrassment that goes on under his command...

I don't think the term 'sexual harassment' had been coined in 1978 - sadly, that sort of behaviour was commonplace IRL (Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris et al) and no doubt reverted back to in the 3rd Century of the 2nd Calendar.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

trevor travis
Quality episode, which builds on the briliant "The Way Back", while at the same time, takes us in a different direction.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Gauda Cheese wrote:

Not at this stage. Maybe after Pressure Point - that's the first shocker.

Travisina
trevor travis wrote:

Quality episode, which builds on the briliant "The Way Back", while at the same time, takes us in a different direction.

Yes, it's excellent. I never get tired of rewatching it - there are always new things to notice and discuss!

meegat39
Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

In his position he can stamp out the kind of sexual harrassment that goes on under his command...

I don't think the term 'sexual harassment' had been coined in 1978 - sadly, that sort of behaviour was commonplace IRL (Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris et al) and no doubt reverted back to in the 3rd Century of the 2nd Calendar.

Interesting how Terry included it in his script but I think he was going for realism.

trevor travis
Travisina wrote:

meegat39 wrote:

B7 does seem to take place in a "throwback time", maybe due to mass destruction thanks to wars. Much technology, for example, seems to be lost.

It's almost as if B7 takes place in a new medieval age.

Travisina
GC, what ep do you want to watch next week? Does your lady wish to continue on to Cygnus Alpha, or would you prefer to choose a random one?

Gauda Cheese
Travisina wrote:

GC, what ep do you want to watch next week? Does your lady wish to continue on to Cygnus Alpha, or would you prefer to choose a random one?

The Lovely Lady wants to keep going so looks like we'll be going in order!

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.68 seconds
9,911,105 unique visits since 8th January 2014