Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 8

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7 Continues
President Solvite
Aeryn Sun is cool, and sort of an alt. universe Jenna Grin

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
JustBrad
President Solvite wrote:

Aeryn Sun is cool, and sort of an alt. universe Jenna Grin

She is what Jenna would have been had B7 been shot in the 90's instead of the 70's, and she owes Jenna a debt.

bob79519
Well, Aeryn is much more complex and interesting than Jenna.

JustBrad
bob79519 wrote:

Well, Aeryn is much more complex and interesting than Jenna.

All the characters were more complex, especially the women, that's the difference between television in the 70's and television in the 90's.

Anniew
I didn't find the characters more complex than Blake and Avon. Nor did it have such a clear political angle,
Just because I can't sing doesn't mean I won't.

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

I didn't find the characters more complex than Blake and Avon. Nor did it have such a clear political angle,

Agreed.

I also think Farscape is not a patch on B7. It doesn't come remotely close.

JustBrad
Farscape is not a patch on Blake's 7, it is a remake of Blake's 7

My name is John Creighton... I'm on a ship, a living ship full of escaped prisoners, I'm being hunted by an insane military commander....

And if that doesn't convince you, compare Commissioner Sleer to Commandant Grayza. I'll wait while you Google pictures of them both and compare side by side.

bob79519
JustBrad wrote:

My name is John Creighton... I'm on a ship, a living ship full of escaped prisoners, I'm being hunted by an insane military commander....

And if that doesn't convince you, compare Commissioner Sleer to Commandant Grayza. I'll wait while you Google pictures of them both and compare side by side.

Nice to see that somebody agrees with me over the fact that I think Farscape is better than Blake's 7.

Anniew

Was it street corner rip off or a bona fide copy? I did try to watch it. I wanted to love it. I found it too fussy, the dialogue was not so sharp, the vision less dystopian, the teeth too perfect, the hair too immaculate. There was too much lovey dovey as well!!!

trevor travis
JustBrad wrote:

Still doesn't mean it's any good, though.

trevor travis
bob79519 wrote:
Nice to see that somebody agrees with me over the fact that I think Farscape is better than Blake's 7.

It's impossible for anything to be better than B7 Wink Grin

trevor travis
Anniew wrote:

Was it street corner rip off or a bona fide copy? I did try to watch it. I wanted to love it. I found it too fussy, the dialogue was not so sharp, the vision less dystopian, the teeth too perfect, the hair too immaculate. There was too much lovey dovey as well!!!

We need a like button, 'cause I wanted to like this Grin

JustBrad
trevor travis wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

Farscape ...

Still doesn't mean it's any good, though.

I loved it.

bob79519
Anniew wrote:

Well then, your probably going to hate the ending I have planned for Blake's 7 Continues.

Anniew
Funnily enough I don't mind reading romance. I just don't like it so much in TV shows!!!

bob79519
Anniew wrote:

Funnily enough I don't mind reading romance. I just don't like it so much in TV shows!!!

I can't blame you.

Spaceresearcher
WHAT? Farscape better than Blakes 7???????? DREAM ON!!!!!

Personally I enjoyed Farscape and own the complete series and Peace Keeper wars on DVD(I think it's been given a Bluray release as well.)

However, proclaiming it's better than the incomparable grandeur/splendor of the greatest Science Fiction series of all time is a little bit of a bold call.
I'd argue that Farscape relies heavily on flashy costumes and special effects to deliver a great story, while in comparison Blakes 7 delivers a great story and thought provoking ideas with not even a fraction of the Farscape budget.

For this fan, there is no comparison, Blakes 7 wins hands down but perhaps I'm biased and riding on the never ending wave of fanzines, stories and continuing audio adventures. (Years of loyal following.)

I'd say 'Firefly' would be the only series that has gotten close to Blakes 7 and let's be honest even it surely owes a small debt to Blakes 7 many years before it's conception.

Best of all Blakes 7 does continue thanks to Big Finish.

Going through my Blakes 7 Marvel magazines in final preparations for the convention I was thinking how lovely it would be if the great Marvel juggernaut were to produce an animated Blakes 7 feature. All original cast who would like to be participants could reprise there roles and give one of the best continuations in the history of Blakes 7(if that's possible after the great work of Big Finish, perhaps it would be fairer to say 'visual continuations'Wink. Even simpler would be to create the animation to suite the audio which is already done perhaps? But of course personally I'd prefer more new stories.

Thoughts on Marvel for Blakes 7 continuation animation anyone?

Rainesz
Going through my Blakes 7 Marvel magazines in final preparations for the convention I was thinking how lovely it would be if the great Marvel juggernaut were to produce an animated Blakes 7 feature. All original cast who would like to be participants could reprise there roles and give one of the best continuations in the history of Blakes 7(if that's possible after the great work of Big Finish, perhaps it would be fairer to say 'visual continuations'Wink. Even simpler would be to create the animation to suite the audio which is already done perhaps? But of course personally I'd prefer more new stories.

Thoughts on Marvel for Blakes 7 continuation animation anyone?

Ooooooohhh, I can get behind that idea, as a huge comic and animation fan. That would be brilliant. In my head, I'm seeing a lavish Miyazaki budget, but if it's even close to a Legend of Korra and Avatar: The Last Airbender tv budget, (two superbly animated shows) it would be phenomenal. But that's me dreaming.

I'd LOVE to see a comic version of it return again-- that's an unlimited budget right there. Wink

bob79519
The Marvel comics of Blake's 7 are good. Unfortunatly, most of them take place in series 4 (and if you know my hatred for series 4, then you would know why that's a bad thing.). And the comics are much better than almost every episode in series 4.

President Solvite
bob79519 wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

Better no, it is different however, comparing them is like comparing drinks or food. It's down to personal preference. Mines a pint Pfft
It does share many aspects of Blake's 7 which Brad has outlined.

Haven't seen Farscaoe recently, something I hope to rectify soon.
Edited by President Solvite on 07 June 2017 12:01:08

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.54 seconds
9,174,936 unique visits since 8th January 2014