Forgotten your password?
Request a new one from Orac HERE.

Current User Info

· Lurkers Lurking: 11

· Rebels Active: 0

· Total Rebels: 909
· Newest Rebel: John Hughes

Login Help

If you are having problems logging in, please bear in mind that if you originally registered at the site before 8th January 2014 and you haven't re-registered since that date your old login details will no longer work. If this is the case, please re-register, preferably with your former username. If you are having trouble with the registration process itself, try looking HERE and HERE for help and advice. If you need further assistance, please do CONTACT us.

Current Poll

Who is your Favourite Guest Rebel?

Avalon - (Project Avalon)
Avalon - (Project Avalon)
18% [17 Votes]

Selma - (Horizon)
Selma - (Horizon)
5% [5 Votes]

Tyce - (Bounty)
Tyce - (Bounty)
15% [14 Votes]

Norm One - (Redemption)
Norm One - (Redemption)
2% [2 Votes]

Bek - (Shadow)
Bek - (Shadow)
6% [6 Votes]

Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
Kasabi - (Pressure Point)
19% [18 Votes]

Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
Hal Mellanby - (Aftermath)
14% [13 Votes]

Hunda - (Traitor)
Hunda - (Traitor)
5% [5 Votes]

Deva - (Blake)
Deva - (Blake)
9% [9 Votes]

Other
Other
6% [6 Votes]

Votes: 95
Login to vote.
Started: 09 July 2016

Polls Archive

Forum Activity

Newest Articles

B7 Images

+ Cookies +

The Horizon website uses cookies to allow user log-in and navigation. The site does not host advertising that requires the use of third-party cookies. Registering as a member of this site implies your consent to the use of cookies.

View Thread

Print Thread
Blake's 7 Continues
President Solvite
JustBrad wrote:

trevor travis wrote:

JustBrad wrote:

Farscape ...

Still doesn't mean it's any good, though.

I loved it.

+1

It's a complex series and it does take several episodes and possibly more than one viewing to 'get it' another aspect it shares with B7

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
bob79519
Also, I was browsing Audible today, when I found the 2 Blake's 7 audio plays that were made in the 1990's by Barry Letts. I have heard they are awful, I will let you all when I have finished listening to it.

Travisina
bob79519 wrote:

Also, I was browsing Audible today, when I found the 2 Blake's 7 audio plays that were made in the 1990's by Barry Letts. I have heard they are awful, I will let you all when I have finished listening to it.

I'd be interested to know what you think.
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

bob79519
I just listened to the first half of The Sevenfold Crown, and it is terrible! The character's are written even more poorly wriiten than in most of series 4, the plot is dull, boring and uninteresting, the sound design is bad at points and the performences are quite mixed. The only good part is the music.

bob79519
I just listened to the second half of The Sevenfold Crown, and it was even worse than the first half because it has missed potential. You see, Avon gets a clone, due to a teleport malfunction (which is a plot ripped straight out of Star Trek The Next Generation, which is besides the point), and they do almost nothing with it, and the clone is just anti-climatically killed off at the end. Compare this to when John got a clone on Farscape, which was done to start a major story arc and plays an important role in the rest of the show. If you want a good Blake's 7 clone story, listen to the great Big Finish audio: Kerr (4.1 I believe).

President Solvite
I quite enjoyed the Classic Trek novel "Spock Must Die!" as a good clone story.

But yes the Lett's B7 audios are pretty poor, but putting oneself back in the time they were made it was the only new B7 being produced (Maybe it put other attempts off! Pfft )

Next the Syndeton Experiment? As I recall it was slightly better (but not by much to Sevenfold Crown. But we are talking many years ago when I last listened to it.. Probably last century Grin

http://nothingsforgotten.freeforums.net/
Travisina
bob79519 wrote:

If you want a good Blake's 7 clone story, listen to the great Big Finish audio: Kerr (4.1 I believe).

Yes, it's a very good two-hander with Jacqueline Pearce & Paul Darrow - who makes the clone sound like not-quite-Avon. Great performances.

President Solvite wrote:
The Lett's B7 audios are pretty poor, but putting oneself back in the time they were made it was the only new B7 being produced.

Confirmed. We are now being so wonderfully spoiled by Big Finish's quality B7 productions, one has to remember that when these BBC audios were produced, they were the ONLY new B7, with most of the original cast reprising their roles (apart from Josette and Glynis). But the scripts were lamentable, and despite the familiar voices, all the characters seemed 'wrong'. I was particularly cross with the portrayal of Vila...
Twitter: @TravisinaB7
Tumblr: tumblr
There's no point being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes

Welshbungyman
Thanks for these bob79519

Just downloaded the series so far - now I've got some reading to catch up on

Jon

bob79519
Welshbungyman wrote:

Thanks for these bob79519

Just downloaded the series so far - now I've got some reading to catch up on

Jon

Let me know what you think of them!

bob79519
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I have started writing episode 9 of Blake's 7 Continues, but do not expect it until July, due to the fact that I am busy finishing my college work before we break up for the summer. Depending on when I finish episode 9 and how busy I am in August (and I am VERY busy in August), I might be able to finish episode 10 before the end on August, which means that I should be able to write the last 3 episodes before the end of December. Here are the synopsis for the up-coming episodes.

Episode 9: While on the way to meet the next rebel leader, someone from Cally's past shows up to try and take her away.

Episode 10: The crew try to stop Klyn's brain damage from getting worse.

Episode 11: Since the rest of the crew are sick, Deva gets to be the hero for once.

Episode 12 and Episode 13: Defeat of the Federation and the end of Blake's 7 Continues.

I will probably listen to The Syndeton Experiment tonight.

bob79519
Hey guys, I listened to the The Syndeton Experiment last night, and it was Ok. The characters are more in-character with their TV counterparts (except Servalan, as she is ridicoulsly over the top). The plot is very similar to the Sevenfold Crown, making The Syndeton Experiment more of a remake, rather than something original.

bob79519
Hey guys. Here's the latest episode of Blake's 7 Continues. I'm sorry if it's not very good. I'm just not in the writing mood at the moment, So I might not be able to finish the series before the end of the year. Someday, I will re-write this episode so that it's much better. But for now, feel free to mock my crappy (and very short, which is why there's no synopsis) draft.

Episode link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByOWvVpT15TzdlNjbFBEdFBNVTQ

bob79519
Alright guys, good news. I'm in the writing mood at the moment. The episode should be done by the end of the month.

Heatseeqerz
Interesting. And great idea.
Ergo there you go.

bob79519
Heatseeqerz wrote:

Interesting. And great idea.

Thanks!

bob79519
Alright guys, here is the latest episode. Sorry if it's a little rushed and not very good, but I just want to finish off Blake's 7 Continues already so I can move on to other things.

Link: https://drive.goo...ktXTXJzSEE

bob79519
Alright guys: here's episode 11: https://drive.goo...XVNRlF5ZWM

Jump to Forum:
Orac rendered this page in 0.44 seconds
9,123,258 unique visits since 8th January 2014